Inter Pipeline

Inter Pipeline Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Nice coworkers and great enviroment to work in
I was able to receive great learning opportunities and had a great environment to do it in. Great co-workers willing to help answer any questions I had.
Site Job
Job was good, management was not. Workplace was not a learning environment, not a good team environment and management was lazy and eager to take credit for the work of others. Hardest part of the job was attempting to work as a team. Would have loved this job if not for the management.
Productive, collaborative team environment
Interpipeline is a great collabortive team environment. There is a great culture of safety and teamwork. It is a good place to work and I enjoyed my time there.
Amazing company to be a part of.
My experience with Inter Pipeline was most rewarding. The company taught me many valuable skillsets and contributed to my employability for future positions.
Poor management
Management is poor, did not know how to lead or treat their crews. They made you believe you were important to them but in all actuality you are just another number to them if you need their help. They played favourites and bullied you if you question authority. Not a good place for moral support.
Good work atmosphere
The company offers great compensation, benefits and stock sharing options.
This is a company with very young management,t well established and with great potential to grow.
Great place to work and grow with Calgary's best coffee!
I feel very privileged to be an employee of Inter Pipeline. I am supported as an employee and also encouraged to grow. I feel heard when I have ideas and respected. I would recommend anyone who is driven and a team player to apply to this company.
Pros
Coffee, overall compensation, office location, work life balance
Cons
Navigating a new massive project
Poor Company
Poor Company, poor job satisfaction. Cannot advise against working for this company enough. Hire contractors and there is little or no room for advancement
Pros
Salary
Cons
Good people to work with
- Contract positions are very common at this location.
but not ideal as most hiring happens through agencies so group benefits are rare or quite expensive to obtain.
Overall Great Company
Lots of opportunity for growth, company continues to acquire other companies and expand it's operations. Has a good life / work balance, very progressive company
Great Company Culture
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Inter Pipeline. There is a great company culture and a warm environment. I would recommend this company to anyone as it is a great company to work for.
Pros
work environment, company culture
Cons
24/7 on call
Excellent management
With out any debate , this is the best company to work with and grow. This company understands how to drive home success through safety.

Inter pipelines commitment to long term grow allows individuals to be successful and plan their educational and corporate growth,
Productive and cooperative company with competitive spirit
During my time there I was constantly impressed by the caliber of individuals and their work. There was contact and sharing of information between departments in order to make the most well-informed choices possible. In CCC the captains cared about the outcome but were not destructive to their teammate in tough situations.
Productive with the proper personel on shift
Due to the economic downturn in Alberta, it was an opportunity for myself to entertain new opportunity. It was a prime opportunity to get out of the Alberta Oil & Gas Industry.
Pros
great training
Cons
the nepotism within the company
Keep looking!
If you do not value safety or morality and have a yes boss attitude then this is the company for you! This is possibly the industries worst company as far as amature engineering, progammers and middle management.
Pros
Money
Cons
Theft, safety, poor management, it wasnt me attitude, junior engineers in senior roles, list goes on...
Well balaced company
The whole office and warehouse work well together as well with the other sites across alberta , always willing to help anyone with any aspect of the job. Communication was always excellent.
Pros
well established conpany
Cons
Was a contract position
great to work for
long hours and hard work. it pays off at this company. you usually stay and work until the job is done. pipeline is iffy though because you always worry about what job is next.
Amazing company to work for
Solid corporation with diverse assets.

They take excellent care of their employees; Lunch room has table tennis and televisions, fruit baskets and coffee are supplied, benefits packages, lunchtime yoga, pilates, and spin classes.

If you have a chance to work for IPL I would recommend it.
New office builiding
hi-tech new building, with older technologies for IT personal in the new era, over all its a decent place to work in with lots of interesting people to interact with
Current employer review
A typical day at work involves creating documents and meeting with stakeholders and operations representatives. I have learned that things take time and that you need a well thought out process in order to achieve your goals and objectives.

Management is supportive of health and safety related matters and their is a strong safety culture at my current employer.

My co-workers are dedicated and very skilled at their niche profession. The hardest part of my job is the amount of travel required. I have a young family and would like to reduce that if possible.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I have provided results from occupational hygiene monitoring to the workers and they understand the importance of ensuring that they are adequately protected.
Pros
Autonomy to do my job
Cons
Extensive travel
inter pipe line
Great learning experience, great business model, great competitive advantage. The pay and benefits are above average from a salary perspective. These benefits come at a cost including standard overtime. Equivalent pay per hour is low compared to industry average.
Pros
compensation / benefits
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inter Pipeline. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2