Inter-Web Services Employee Reviews

Better than Advertised
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  2540 Matheson1 November 2019
This place is awesome to work for. Great work culture. Very promising career with a lot of potential. They need motivated sales people , people who aren’t go getters don’t last in this company.
Excellent place to start a career
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2019
Been at interweb for about 6 weeks now - great environment with good people and the opportunity for great pay. Lots of extra perks aswell such as massage days, team building, on site gym and cafeteria. There is no micro management but lots of support along the way. Looking forward to the rest of my career here with Inter-Web.
Unfair, disconnected and often slimy
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Marketing26 October 2019
My experiences included long hours, minimal time off, minimal sick time, low salary and a tendency towards cherry-picking which policies and procedures to enforce. It also included frustrating and deeply inhibiting proprietary software that will leave you way, way behind when you move on to another company that uses more modern or standard software. Bonuses were exceptionally rare and hard-fought for.

This was the most stressful job I've ever had, despite how successful my team and I consistently were. No whoo-hoo's for how many customers we brought in, how much we built or how many key projects we completed. Instead, it felt like everyone was always on the defense and was fearful of losing their jobs. I think that sums up the overall experience pretty well.

There were some perks, which included a gym, a chef. occasional massages, a few company outings here and there, and being part of a great team (although they let everyone go and there's so much turnover!). The gym and massages were great, honestly, and the company outings were generally fun. However, it cost a lot to eat the chef's food, you didn't get to choose the meal and I became particularly disenfranchised when I learned that many people didn't actually have to pay - especially those that sat at the legendary "RESERVED" table... Yes, they had a big table in the kitchen with a RESERVED sign on it for upper management so you always knew who was above the rest LOL! It was so ridiculous, and it served as a literal sign that showed how disconnected upper management really was from the rest of us lowly humans.

I
  more... strongly believe there was also a complete disconnect between upper management and the employees because of their tendency to hire the smoothest talkers with the friendliest smiles as middle managers rather than hiring managers who are competent and actually know what they're doing. This became quite apparent as they started letting go all of their star employees, which completely baffled the staff as it went on. It seemed like there were so many opportunities for them to promote loyal, competent employees, but instead they would either let them go or hire outsiders. Generally speaking, I think upper management has no idea who actually does or did what for them, making it impossible for them to properly value anyone - and makes it impossible for you to make a name for yourself there.  less
Career oriented, fast paced, collaborative but also enough space to be independent
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2019
Easy going company to deal with - everyone is genuine and respectful. No micro management, everyone has a purpose and management really focuses on your development and wants to help you grow
Great work Environment
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2019
All the employees here have been extremely helpful ever since my first day. This company tries to maintain work life balance, and really values "work hard, play hard" mentality.
Gym, Chef, Great hours, Fun environment
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2019
I have been with Interweb a long time and i wouldn't change it! I work 9-5pm and i look forward to actually coming in as we have a great bonus structure that is actually attainable and have the potential to make a great amount of money. Besides the money we have a gym that we are able to use at our convenience and is free! we do have a chef on premises and have lunch in the cafeteria everyday and do not even need to leave to go anywhere. Our manager is very understandable when it comes to personal life vs work life balance and he makes this place a very fun environment where yes you come in to do your job but sometimes you don't even feel like your even at work (were more of a family). I highly recommend working here and you would see even your first week of being here!
Pros
Gym, Fun environment, feels like a family
Cons
honestly i would have to think super hard to find a con
Great Place to work at!
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2019
I have been fairly new to the system however I'am enjoying working here. The Staff and Management, both are great. They listen to what opinions you have. Also the amenities are amazing.
Beware...
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 August 2019
This company seemed like a great company to work with but its not. People come and go here. Employment here is a quit or be fired environment. Don`t waste your time.
Cons
Easy going company, has great incentives to make large sums of money.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  2540 Matheson3 July 2019
I worked here for about a year, very easy going but at the same time the goals are clear "make more sales".

Management helps you when ever you ask questions and always their to help. They keep employees happy by giving them a gym, access to food and massage every month.

Great experience, can turn your job into a career.
Pros
Gym, food
Cons
Some policies that i don't agree with.
Productive Environment Workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 June 2019
I have been here for more than a year and look forward to getting to come here daily...I like who I work with, what I do and all the nice people I have met!
I love the idea of Employee satisfaction by offering monthly massages, a gym and the flexibly of my work time!
If you need a job and is serious about your career, stop in, take a look and welcome!
Pros
On site GYM
Cons
Long Hours
Productive Workplace and Fun Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2019
I get up in the morning, and look forward to work in this friendly environment setting. I have come to realize that not all first impressions last.I have gained friends,and we're like one big family.
Management listens to employees' concerns.

I learned to get along with different personalities, as you go along. everyone is to be treated as an individual.
Workplace culture is a fun, friendly atmosphere, you have to be upbeat to blend with the group.

The hardest part of the job at first is getting along with many different personalities, but now I am fully adjusted, in just being myself.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the bonuses you get at the end of the month.

There is always something to be excited about, like our Company Events, for one is getting that chance to watch Raptors , Live, not to mention having our own Gym.

I have grown so much in this company , being here since 2016, and when you get the opportunity to work here, you'll see what I mean.
Pros
personal chef, own company gym
This place is a waste...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 June 2019
Don't waste your time working here. Poor management and no job security.

You start of working here and think its the best job ever, despite the reviews
Pros
A paycheque
Cons
Selling your soul
Overall Good company to work with
International Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 June 2019
Pretty gud company to work with, if you know your job and are ready to do what is assigned to you,
Gud place to work if you want to have best of both worlds, not just being a number like in big companies, but at the same time work independently, without much micromanagement, off course there is monitoring, and one is expected to contribute as is in any business and more so in any medium sized, growing, family business,
Workplace culture is fairly gud its like one big family,there is sincere effort to create condusive, heatlhy work environment and keep employees motivated.
Pros
Group Health Insurance for the employees and their family, Gym in the bulding, Cafateria offering Healthy lunch
Cons
Employee turnover is relatively higher
Productive workplace with a lot of exposure and opportunities for advancement
Social Media Strategist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2019
The best part about working here is the exposure you get, plus you don't get micromanaged for your work. The company is ever expanding with new clients being added almost every month.

The higher management is very friendly and invites recommendations and suggestions for improvement.
Pros
Quality of work, career advancements, learning
Cons
None that I can think of so far
Productive and amazing work place environment
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2019
Working at Inter-web services is absolutely a joy. They have an amazing work culture; company events, monthly massages, monthly wine o'clocks and plenty of other amazing collaborative opportunities. There is a gym onsite as well as a chef who cooks the most amazing food, something new everyday! Everyone is very friendly and inviting. Management exerts a lot of effort to ensure all employees are receiving proper training and abundant opportunities for professional development. There is plenty of room for you to grow professionally. Typical day at work involves checking your emails, collaborating with other team members, establishing objectives and their respective deadlines and then working on projects.Coming to work everyday has been a pleasure.
Pros
Flexible hours, amazing environment, chef on site, good location (right across Pearson Airport), professional development opportunities.
Cons
nothing.
summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2019
Ive been with Interweb services for almost a year now. It has been a pleasure to work with this company. Ive been happy since I started.I love making extra money , people are amazing. I love coming to work every day.
Pros
great atmosphere, gym
Cons
Co-workers and customers are great, work is rewarding
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2019
No job security, or loyalty. Your not allowed to talk at all to other employees. All internet sites are closed so when work is slow you can only sit and stare at your computer. Supervisor flurts and favours certain employees.
Pros
The coworkers and customers were great, work was rewarding
Cons
One of the Supervisors plays favourites
Not somewhere to grow your career
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2019
This company is more suited to entry-level employees. Those with experience will be treated as such, which can be a culture shock. Work late fixing something up? Work on a weekend to proactively fix a problem? They still tell you to be at the office 9.5 hours every day. It is the type of place where you will not get a chance to learn from others and grow your skills, but if you are just starting out and need some filler on your resume, or need a job between jobs, it will do.

The pay is on the low side, and they will do things like suddenly invent a new job title for you and base your salary on that, or tell you you cannot get a raise because the department is "new". There are always excuses not to give raises, no matter how much you go above-and-beyond and how many thousands of dollars you bring into the company. Definitely a culture where you sit in your seat for 9.5 hours. No need to go the extra mile. Do not make the same mistake so many others did. The loyalty is not two way.

They tend to hire incompetent managers. For example, giving the same project to two different people, or treating employees like they are Walmart cashiers. There are forced group activities on Fridays while at the same time they want more productivity.

It is definitely a company that likes to cheap out. I recall having a computer that would constantly shut down, one time losing a day's work due to an Open Office glitch. Sometimes the internet will be down for a day, but you are expected to sit there and twiddle your thumbs. If there is a gas leak in the building, you are expected to stay in
  more... the winter parking lot until a non-expert gives the OK. Concerned about your safety? They just dock your pay. They also do not take safety concerns seriously, such as questioning why some people constantly get sick or have lung issues while in the office. If they are doing construction, you have to sit at your desk in the construction dust, no matter if you can breathe or not. Construction may be over by now, though, so future employees may be fine. The office temperature is set to 25 degrees, where HR wants it, so prepare to melt.

If you care, they do have company lunches, a gym, and a Christmas party. No Christmas bonuses. They have a health plan, but if you are married you will be forced to pay more than double for a family plan you do not want. The health plan is better than some at 90% coverage, but you are forced to pay and cannot opt out. Accounting also sometimes charges the full amount to the employee instead of splitting with the employer.

No job security. You can lose your job at any moment with no warning, and no clear reasons why. They seem to be outsourcing many jobs to Malaysia to save money.

This is not a bad place to work for a while just to make money or fill in time on your resume, but I would warn future employees against being loyal to the company or going the extra mile. Do not stay long.
Pros
Some flexibiity at first, no micromanagement, loose work requirements with low bar for quality
Cons
Long hours, open office, construction dust, low pay, no advancement opportunity or learning opportunities.
Started off good and went down the drain
Social media team (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2018
Management was good when I first started, but quickly went down when they moved offices down the road. Employees were micro managed and supervisors showed no respect to employees. Call center is the worst place to work, your not allowed to talk to employees for fear of getting in trouble. This place is strange, you are not even allowed to talk to owners. You get in trouble for doing that. Company is very shady and their is alot of security cameras around the building. Work is boring, you need some narcotics to stay sane here and the environment is extremely toxic. This company is a revolving door of people coming in and out. However, people here are amazing. Met alot of great people here. Gossiping is only limited to call center, which has alot of ladies. Social media department are good people, and is not as toxic as the call center.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Everything, alot of negative vibes and unhappy employees
Fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2018
I worked here for 3 years before I had to move on due to moving cities. I had a lot of fun working here, they took us out on different excursions for team building exercises and the Christmas parties were the best! The hours may seem a little long but they were always flexible when it came to appointments. Management was always fun and you can always joke around with everyone to make work feel a little less like....work. All in all I would recommend working here!
Pros
The people, alot of team building excursions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inter-Web Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Inter-Web Services Reviews by Location