Inter-Rail Transport Ltd.

Inter-Rail Transport Ltd. Employee Reviews

I have been with Inter-Rail a little over 3 months. There are always some growing pains and a learning curve when you start a new job, especially when it's an industry you haven't worked in before. But.. the growing pain and learning curve were so smooth because of the work culture there. Everyone is very helpful. I love working for this company
Brutal place to work. No training provided, expected to be perfect in every part of the job. Long hours for little appreciation, management lies right to your face. Would never recommend this place. Massive turnover, they always have an ad for a transport coordinator but never change their ways.
Great company with alot of fringe benefits. Great Equipment and maintenance facility. A bigger company with a small family feel. Challenging and dynamic. I'd suggest taking this job and loving it!
Pros
Connor is Awesome
Cons
On call
Run over legal hours, you can show dedication to your job, equipment, and the company. You take something apart and someone else puts it back together wrong it’s your fault, they fire you on the spot, no future advancement in wages and they screw you on overtime operators and drivers alike be warned
Pros
Lysle is awesome
Cons
Over hours, no financial benefit for it, treated as disposable by some management
I would never work for this company again, if it still existed. A lot of hard work for very little reward, appreciation not to mention that the benefits were terrible.
Permitting timeline and costs for customers Atmosphere was good and fun good employees Hard part was breakdowns that would cause late delivery Fun atmosphere Being so busy trying to logistic plan to keep all customers satisfied good customer base
Pros
Vehicle provided
Cons
N/a
Inter-Rail Transport is a family run business that started very small and has grown a lot over the years. They presented me with a good wage, promoted me and gave me a raise within the first 3 months, sent out a newsletter introducing me to the company (with many great comments). They are not prejudice and can see a hard-worker when they come across them. Definitely recommend working for them!
Inter-Rail Transport Ltd. is probably the busiest company I've ever seen. It's a fast paced work environment. Management is easy to work with but expects a lot out of their employees. It's a fantastic place to work if you love to work and stay busy.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Nice Equipment, Safety Conscious
Cons
Long Hours
This is a fast paced industry and people that come here are expected to work. That being said, it is still a family run organization and you can feel that in the culture here. There is a low turnover of employees here and I think that stat alone speaks enough about what kind of organization this is.
Pros
Busy, Nice Equipment
Cons
Sometimes too busy
Very busy company but a ton of fun to be a part of. The line of work, focusing on the rail road and heavy equipment transportation, has made for a very interesting and rewarding career. I have learned a lot about an industry that is very specialized and technical but management along with the rest of the team were easy to get along with and very helpful along the way. The most enjoyable part of this job is how there is always something new to learn here.
Pros
Diversity of work
Cons
awesome place to work with foremen who new what they were doing and a crew of men that new how to get the job , and done right..
Pros
great job
Cons
end of job to soon
learned lots. great first experience.. management was a little inconsistent and frequent turnover of employees was one of the results of that. Proper training of new employees would be a good change.