Intelligarde Security

Intelligarde Security Employee Reviews

Canada55 reviews
Helping & assisting people is something I'm good at and enjoy doing.

Being a concierge was a good match for me, however,their management, not so much.
rude management and incompetent timetable makers , dont admit when they are wrong and blame the guard despite guard having evidence and the company not having anything
Pros
cash pay
Cons
rude staff
Its very formal environment. They have not regular jobs in one place and change shifts and locations. Salary package is according to market rate. Need to improve management and contracts.
Nice place for a startup job in security. The lined up training and certifications will prepare one to be a professional security guard. A lot of supervisors are on ground to provide advice, support and guidance on the job.
• Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property
• Monitoring surveillance equipment

• Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities

• Informing violators of policy and procedures
I was hesitant to become a security guard however I was in need of a job. The training was not hard to get my security license, it was about a week of class and a full day first aid and CPR class. One thing that only took the first week of being in inteligarde. Was they take some of the toughest places to be a guard like the first place that was assigned was the jane and finch mall. This made me feel a little freaked out I declined that decision to place me there. The next week I got placed at another place I never felt at risk however it was too much risk with little reward. I just never felt the pay was worth the risk.
scheduling is very bad never answer call even sometimes send the schedule and then call that there is no shift. no replies of emails. Management is not co operating.
This company is a joke...... revolving door of gaurds working at Jackson Square........horrible communication between gaurds and supervisors......abuse of power
This is a good company to gain experience for those who just got their license. Can be quite competitive and stressful depending on the site you’re assigned to.
If your into security type jobs than Intelligarde is a good place to work. I wrked there for about 2 and a half years and I had some good locations and not so good
Hiring people on the spot, losing staff faster than they can hire, terrible supervisors, super sketchy upper management. Super fun site but not worth the danger, unprofessionalism, low pay, and rag tag team of misfits that work with you.
The wages could definitely be higher
Being with company since 2016 my work rate decreased because I felt like I wasnt being paid enough for my valuable time

I made up to 18 n hour on certain sites which was nice

And they dropped me down to 14 which is horrible for an adult to make in this modern time

Other then that it's not a bad company to work for

In security u gotta know how to balance work and life

Or they will work you like a slave n you have no life
Pros
Good company, easy work
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no feeling of montetary advancement
They pretend they care but when you finish training you never get hours. If you do something wrong they tell other guards about it and make fun if you behind your back.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Poor management, no hours and you never know if you have a shift or not.
I worked for the company fur about year was promoted to site supervisor real quick as the one above me left. The site i.worked at had great atmosphere and were awesome to work with even though it wasn't itlligarx guards. Pay is bad but most security is. Also.lost contract called me 3 days after we had lost the contract Vd told me not to go. I knew b4 management that we were no longer need which is pretty sad
Pros
Relsxed jilob not very stressful
Cons
Bad pay no benefits and drug dealers on site
Company full of fobs in the office don’t know what they are doing , these guys have no work , useless company . I recommend everyone not to go to this rusty company they will not pay you properly will leave you in debt because they will not give you enough hours , I was promised 40 hours every week . Everyone sitting in the office is a scam they really only trying to receive there own cheque with overtime they don’t care about you ! these guys they left me in debt
Constant changes and challenges throughout the day. That keeps the work place interesting. Working with the team to help the residences provides a feeling oh helpfulness.
Pros
Constant changes throughout the day. That keeps the work place interesting
Cons
I never have a typical day enjoyed the all time when driving car and has great customer relation with all kind of passengers.
I learned lot of new places and different culture of people and enjoy all the time my work and driving a lot with all week.
Pros
Very much flex able for break and health care.
Cons
Some time have to rush for the pick up but DO SAFETY FIRST and pick up.
Would not recommend working for this company to anyone. Extremely unprofessional and badly run. Pay is low considering the strenuous work that is performed. 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Some excellent coworkers, fun job
Cons
Shift work, long hours
Missing Hours on your pay cheques. horrible pay. never met any management except for one supervisor. rarely get breaks. standing for 12 hours with no one checking up on you.
the 17$ is for those who at least have 1-2 years security guard experience. I got interviewed at 12pm and and right away put me in on the same day from 14:00 till the next morning 6am yes 6am, but only because one of her employee had to leave on that Friday afternoon,so she need it a ''Body" it was hilarious.
no professionalism at all and be very careful with the promises because if its not in writing and signed it wont happen.

its only 14$ which you can make at any grocery store even more.

My security license cost me at least 450$ and so i can make 14$?

they don't know why people leaving their company ,why no one is applying. Originally they want people to the port -part time , for 14$

go sit 12hr in the dark and expose ur self to danger for 14$ on the port. for the mall its also part time.

They will want u to get police clearance which will cost u money ,

then u will have to buy ur self some paints and boots so by the time u get there to start for the 14$ u are so broke that u wish u never find this place.

if u can skip this do it,

and if u go and apply ,well then good luck !
Pros
no pros
Cons
Travel - lack of professionalism - no opportunity to build carrier - 14$
good company to work for staff is ok to deal with when in emergency. productive work place

Company is a good company its been around for over ten years now