Intelligarde Security Employee Reviews

Summary
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 March 2019
the 17$ is for those who at least have 1-2 years security guard experience. I got interviewed at 12pm and and right away put me in on the same day from 14:00 till the next morning 6am yes 6am, but only because one of her employee had to leave on that Friday afternoon,so she need it a ''Body" it was hilarious.
no professionalism at all and be very careful with the promises because if its not in writing and signed it wont happen.
its only 14$ which you can make at any grocery store even more.
My security license cost me at least 450$ and so i can make 14$?
they don't know why people leaving their company ,why no one is applying. Originally they want people to the port -part time , for 14$
go sit 12hr in the dark and expose ur self to danger for 14$ on the port. for the mall its also part time.
They will want u to get police clearance which will cost u money ,
then u will have to buy ur self some paints and boots so by the time u get there to start for the 14$ u are so broke that u wish u never find this place.
if u can skip this do it,
and if u go and apply ,well then good luck !
Pros
no pros
Cons
Travel - lack of professionalism - no opportunity to build carrier - 14$
Hill
Security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2019
The worst company ever. Do not work for this company. They always put you with another so called supervisor and you have to do the job for both of you. The supervisors sit there the hole day doing nothing, chatting on the net or watching movies. Some of them are even doing their business on the hours work. When you show them that you have something to say, they suspend you and call you for HR review with the threat of disciplinary actions.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Waste of your energy and time.
Stay away
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2019
I was lied to about being promoted and receiving a pay raise if I didn’t join a union. months went by with no promotion and i was still being paid $14.75/ hour, so i quit. As of January 10 2019 Its been 7 months and they still won’t give me my record of employment OR my t-4 tax slip. If that don't tell you what kind of people they are, well... good luck. Oh ya, if you do decide to work for these guys and a union rep asks you to join there union ? DO IT !
Pros
Great coworkers, building tenents and staff loved me.
Cons
Read the review above
productive energetic environment
Mobile Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2018
They are always hiring as they need more people to cover shifts.

The following all depends on the site you are working at, as some are better than others.
An excellent place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 June 2018
I worked here as a security guard. It was a good change of pace from regular odd jobs, and I really enjoyed the duties assigned to me. 10/10 would recommend.
you are just filling a uniform , this place doesnt care about you at all
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
I did Numerous different postes for this company for event to malls to mobile and enjoyed enjoyed it for the most part until I got sick and took time off work to find out why i was so sick , They told me i no longer had a job after i was better.
Pros
great experience in different fields
Cons
no room for advancement, if you dont kiss but you dont get a chance to climb the ladder
ok
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2018
my time at the company was great and formidable i have no complaints regarding this company. However I do have an issue with their scheduling department they seem to never answer the phone.
low pay, but great opportunity
Mobile Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
This company is full of great people who would go above and beyond for a co worker in need. The shifts are twelve hours, but time goes by fast because the job keeps you busy.
lot of overtime but salary is minimal pay
Concierge / Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2017
I was exposed to variety of secanario that has contributed in overall development.Report writing is essential and uniform is must.seen lot of people getting fired on job who do not follow policy.
Pros
exposure to tense situation good for policing, military
Cons
salary
ok i gueess
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2017
I learned how to be professional courteous on time and respectable most enjoyable part of the job was taking charge in some situations on the field helping others.
Flexible workplace
GUARD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2017
This company can be flexible, offers alot of hours, allows you to gain alot of valuebale experience in the security and customer service field. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people, the most challenfing part of the shift would be the hours and locations.
Pros
Flexible, good staff, colleuges
Cons
low wages
Good people to work with
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mobile Supervisor26 May 2017
I have been with the company for seven years. I have moved up in ranks rather quickly do to being recognised for my skills. I feel it is time to find something new and different at this point in my life.
Lack of professionalism.
Front Desk Concierge & Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
*Lack of motivation and lack of training.
*Mismanagement in scheduling and operation.
*Management use false promise to keep people in.
*Used a wrong tag line: An employee-owned company.
Pros
Enough hours
Cons
Non-professional
Stricte, Professional, Hold a high standard
Security Supervisor and Field Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2017
By far the best Security Company i have worked for, after all other companies i have worked for here in Ottawa , Intelligarde holds the utmost security service standards and stricte professionalism i have witnessed in my 6 years of security service. i could easily say i miss this company.
Pros
Great Experience, Fast Company Growth, wage in cress fast
Cons
Hard to get over time.
Security Guard / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
Good starting company, excellent training and experience. Alot of level 3 sites which is good experience for future jobs in law enforcement.
Pros
Excellent sites
Cons
Poor pay
Alright company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 February 2017
Although it was supposed to be a reputable company to work for. I learned otherwise. 12 hour days, with only one break. Not one other guard stayed at my desk long enough for me to use the facilities. Not a team environment whatsoever
Many horrible work conditons .. but good
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 January 2017
They are always hiring as they need more people to cover shifts.

Pros: you can work alone or with a partner. Management is reasonable.
Cons: Sometimes, you might have to stay behind because your relief decided not to come in. Company is cheap and would rather 1 guard to do the work of 3!

- Very multi-cultural company and friendly co-workers
Disappointing experience
Security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Terrible work environment. Lots of internal issues in the office.
Poor organizational structure. Many people in management positions with little or no experience. Often witnessed discriminatory practices.
Pros
too many people think they are the boss
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
felt like highschool. very unwilling to work with your scedual. a lot of double standards. they just had no respect for their emplyees. one of the worst jobs i've had
Stay Far Far Away
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  GTA8 September 2016
If you look at the employment reviews on this site, you will notice that the good ones are all stated as "NOT HELPFUL" you want to know why? Because the company bribes their employees to write good reviews. Giving them gift cards in exchange for positive reviews. They are all lies.

It is poorly managed, it has absolutely NO regard for the employees that it hires, you get paid like garbage, you get treated like garbage. They cut my pay as well as my position after telling me my position and pay would not change, and they never even notified me about it. I just found out when I got my pay cheque. When you issue a complaint about someone, nothing is ever done. You might as well throw your complaint into a garbage bin, because management won't take it seriously.

I have worked with other security companies in the past and I regret coming to this one. Do not waste your time. You will never progress in the company as they say you can / will. They are lying to you because they need guards because nobody wants to stay working for them. Do not fall into this trap.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intelligarde Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9