Intelcom

Intelcom Employee Reviews

Very difficult

You work as a sub sub Contracter for brokers that are incorporated. Can work up to 12 hour days for piece work so unless you are very quick very little money after you pay for gas

Pros

Independent

Cons

Long hours low pay

Management not good

They offered me 30-40 hours a week and after a week they didn’t have work and started asking me to leave early, hours decreased to 16 hours a week. And also told me to do the duties that are not mine

Environnement de travail excessivement exigent

Les cibles de productivité sont absolument incroyable. La demande en temps est tout aussi incroyable. L'entreprise fonctionne 362 jours par an. The show must go on...

Good experience as a fresher to logistics industry.

Overall a good company to work for but there are no growth opportunities available in management. Management is good but wish they hired other supervisors by making sufe they have experience, education and most importantly communication skills.

Customer Service Rep

The company reminds me of a circus where the circus master is not well trained to handle the circus animals. The circus master is never available, need to book a time slot to address concerns Its purely up to him he can deny it too. Watch out for the two clowns who are close to the circus master, you'll figure it out in a month or two. Be careful cause the clowns will run the circus and be on their phones and just monitor and make more money than you ever will!. As you know very well in a circus comes uncivilized behaviour and language if you can take it you may survive the worst. Until you realise that you have to swim in a pool of sharks waiting to get a hold of you so that they can get their way and not the way "works" supposed to be done. "Be-careful of the lead clown who persuades the circus master and the other clown, they both have no power against the lead clown and give into "the lead clowns way of doing things."Overall; A really good company to work with if only the right people were around doing the business in the way it's meant to be done.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Dirty politics; Authoritative leadership style

If you just want to be seen as labour.. . A means to an end... Then you can work here

No progress in the organization even after working for long period, new people get chances based on God knows what, management is deaf to any concerns said by the sorters, no appreciation

Pros

Snacks

Cons

No benefits, no paid sick leave, makes everyone feel they are replaceable, some people are asked to work double to cover up for those who are slow, failure to do so will result in reduction of shifts, one supervisor holds grudges for simple things and cut down people's shifts, no proper Management, racism in every hierarchy level of the management, no concern for safety of some of the employees unless you are white, stressful environment

Worst place on the planet to work

A typical day at work is a waste of time unless you like working for free, you learn nothing, worst management on the planet.The hardest part of the job is being stupid enough to start working there.The most enjoyable part of my job there is when I walked out the door

Fast and efficiently

Do my relationships much better with others language and technology. Made me do my exercises and be strong to do the task they asks me for. I love the environment and feel free to be myself.

A job you take well looking.

Intelcom has some great people but the lack of professionalism is very noticed the warehouse is very misorganized as well as manifests.. just unorganized in general.The pay is decent until u break down everything and realize you make 15$ a hour if you get a terribly mapped out manifest then your lucky if u even make 11$ an hour... I’ve worked more 12-14 hr days then 4-8hr days like I was told it would be. Oh and it’s all paid by package so if you have 150 packages hopefully u can finish it in 8 hours to at least break minimum at $1.30 a package... oh and they only give you until 9pm to finish everything so if the warehouse is behind and you don’t get out until 11am or 12pm LOL good luck..It’s 100% a job you accept well looking for another job or if you’re retired and just want something to do every now and then. unfortunately it’s not so much the people u work with and around its the mapping out of the manifests and knowing what your time is worth. One more thing if packages are damaged the supes at the warehouse usually don’t care for once u scan it into ur van scan they see it as your problem and responsibility you get rated by customers for the delivery and condition of the package so the warehouse doesn’t care cause it’s not their name under it sadly. It’s a selfish environment; but there are a few good people there. So my overall opinion *Temporary Job* Hopefully this review helps out!

Pros

A few nice people, Benefits after three months, kind of flexible scheduling

Cons

Badly made manifest routes, 12-14 hr days, low income

Great pay, thats it.

as an employee you get treated like garbage. You’re required to fill company vehicles daily (20-80$ a day) You will work 10-12 hours a day. STAY AWAY

Pros

Pay, supervisors

Cons

Hours, work/life balance, management, coworkers

Jobs at Intelcom

See more jobs

Former employee

If you are choosing to work for this company please think twice absolute clowns 🤡 work here , full of dirty politics and every one is shady and when problems arrives they will dig holes back Of you and throw you in , if you have good will with managers you will be promoted and no respect for hard working people

Pros

If you Have a coworker who don’t want to work on shift and you won’t work either

Cons

Every thing is a con

Some great people

This company is garbage no care about Covid at all nothing, no care for employees, no care for drivers, manager is scared and does not know how to do his job, he was worried about being replaced, lots of conflict of interest, make sure you have a job lined up prior to taking this garbage job.

Cons

Very easy workplace if you don't mind working independently.

Very easy place to work. Like every job it has its ups and downs but if you are competent it is a great place to work. It pays well and if you're quick with your route even better. Reading some of these reviews is quite laughable considering my experience with this company. The hours are extremely flexible and there is an opportunity to move up. I have gotten friends jobs here who were unsure about it at the start but realized how easy it was after the first few days. Some workers aren't nice but the job is so independent you can just do your own thing. I highly recommend it if you don't mind driving and working in a fast-paced environment. On that note you can also work at your own pace in most instances. Good money for the work you are doing.

Pros

flexible hours, independent

Cons

some bad routes occasionally

Modern Day Slavery

I was hired to work 6am to 2pm Sunday to Thursday. However, once hired you quickly learn that was a lie. My new shift was 3:30am to 2:30pm seven days a week. They are understaffed so as a supervisor you have to work whenever they tell you. Also they do not pay overtime. You can take accumulated overtime once they hire enough people. However, because no one stays you never get time off. 70+ hours week after week and no overtime pay? Shift starts at 3:30am? None of this is discussed during the interview. I spoke with the Station Manager, and he said you agreed to work and not received overtime. I never in my wildest dreams believed an organization that delivers packages mainly for Amazon would treat employees inhumanely. 40+ people have to use a porta potty! That's right no toilet inside. So I tried to call HR to see if anything can be done about a lot of issues. Don't do it! They terminated me because I was a trouble maker? The funny thing was the HR advisor I tried to speak with sent an external email to the stations two other HR advisors and copied me (in error he told me) instructing them not to speak to me. Because I called on sick two days in a row due to exhaustion I will be terminated the following Monday. Needless to say I'm happy to be out of that toxic environment.

Pros

Cons

Excessive unpaid overtime.

Downtown & Chill place to work

J'ai travaillé pour Intelcom 3 ans. Management is fine but the work is boring. Good side, if you have health problems or family problems they are very understanding but you will not get a promotion.Down side is salary and advances, they just need people to take the calls and handle angry clients while pretending that you are valued when they don't really care. Same as Dicom. Good job for student or people who just want to make 17$ hr for ever.

Cons

Slave work

Stressful Supervisor

Fast paced stressful depending on who is the Supervisor Who is angry most times who reprimands in front of others Diversity is sweet. Manager is great

Pros

Diversity

Cons

Supervisor problem

Work here only if you are desperate for a job

The turnover in this company is high as the management is demotivating, abusive and has no long term plans for itself or the manpower. Their Covid protocols are close to non-existent. There is no work life balance as your shift can be changed anytime due to constant lack of manpower. You can never get a break as it is non-stop and no staff coverage. Imagine any health & safety rule you can break and it's more or less broken.

Cons

Long hours, no communication from top management, demotivating and abusive management

It’s not a good management company.

Only Indian are welcome. There’s no management. It is not fair for those who are not coming from India to work in this company. You will never be promoted even you work hard.

Pros

A good relationship with your supervisor will arrange easy work for you.

Cons

Not knowing the supervisor will arrange heavy manual labor for you. No management.

Don’t work here

If you want to be overworked, underpaid and unappreciated this is the company for you. You are treated as a very replaceable cog on a wheel. You’d be lucky if anyone heard your complaint or grievance or even a recommendation for improvement. As long as people continue to give this employer a chance they will never change. They are also subject to the Canada Labour Program, not the provincial codes so it stands to reason that wherever the location, the same low standards exist. Save yourself the time, effort and stress, it’s not worth it.

Awesome place for starting the career

It's better place for starting the career like freshers. Many things to learn and best management in NS location. Friendly environment and supportive managers and supervisors. Fast growth and advancement.

Fun place to work at

I loved to work for this company it was a great experience. Everyone worked together. Most people where compeditive.i would definitely come back to this company someday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intelcom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6