Intact Employee Reviews

travail
Agent APL/ SAC (indemnisation) (Current Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC27 September 2018
téléphone

ouverture réclamation

suivi de dossier

prise en charge immédiate des assurés
Fun place to work with many other benefits
Senior Property/Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2018
Great place to work. Lots of room to move promotion wise. They give you autonomy to make your own decisions on files. They have a lot of fun with during and after hour events.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not really any
Un environnement de travail enviable
Directeur des opérations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 September 2018
Intact offre un environnement de travail enviable en termes de salaires, avantages sociaux et équilibre travail-famille mais aussi en termes de culture, de travail d'équipe et d'opportunité de se dépasser.

Personnellement, je trouve que nous évoluons dans une méritocratie où les gens qui dépassent les attentes sont reconnus et récompensés sur une base individuelle lors de leurs évaluations.

J'ai le sentiment que les nouvelles idées sont encouragées et bien accueillies et je n'hésite donc jamais à dire à quelqu'un de venir travailler ici.
environnement très agréable
Centre d'appel (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 September 2018
Il fallait solicite des personnes avec assurance auto et ou habitation pour leur proposer une soumission au prêt d'un de nos courtiers en assurance.Le management était très sympathique avec les employés ce qui créait une excellente atmosphère de travail.Cette emploi demandait de connaitre les différent cabinet de courtage en assurance et quelque notions dans le domaine. une bonne parti des clients n'étaient content de faire appelé pour des assurances et pouvaient te répondre avec un langage pas très approprié
Pros
ambiance du groupe de travail
Cons
horaire entre 11h - 20h
Best job ever!
Contracted Auto Hail Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
I have never felt more welcome at work, they are extremely supportive and friendly. As long as you fit with the crowd within the company, you will have a good experience.
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
break systems
Intact assurance
Expert en sinistre (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2018
Les salaires sont excellents ainsi que les avantages sociaux et l'évolution de carrière.
No Comment
Administrative Support II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2018
Worked with some amazing people and who took the time to show me how to process things and to increase my knowledge within the insurance industry.

Enjoyed helping fellow colleges that did not understand our system and tried to guide through the process.
If you are young and intelligent don't waste your time here.
Underwriting Assistant, Commercial Lines (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 August 2018
The company has a great benefits package, but does not promote employees, or management properly. Many people in positions may not actually be the most qualified, but have been determined to be "next in line"

If you are motivated, intelligent and under 40 I highly recommend looking elsewhere. You will be stifled in this environment, and will not advance. The work itself is not difficult, but the work environment will be. You will be asked to take on additional and higher authority tasks with no compensation or title change all while being emerged in a high-school like work environment.

The workplace culture is quite toxic, and difficult to escape as you will quickly learn how immature, and misguided many employees focuses are (spending more time on gossiping and chatting rather than work tasks) which causes imbalanced workloads.

There are some good managers, but unfortunately it is not consistent across this division. Good leaders eat last.
Cons
Toxic work environment
29 August 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are so sorry that this was not the right Company or role for you. We have been reviewing our recruitment practices and are about to announce some strong commitments to reinforce an approach that employees can feel good about. We have also shared your feedback with the Management team.

Stressful job, salary should be better.
Claims Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2018
High paced environment, monthly coaching sessions that include a breakdown of phone stats, and call quality scores. Not much community in the workplace. Great benefits package, salary should be higher for the level of expectation from management.
Can be good, but takes time to find the right fit
Field Building Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 August 2018
A great place for people starting in their careers, but not a place for people in the middle or looking for long term stability. Intact is constantly changing, which allows no time to settle on stable procedures or really promote the long term careers of its general staff.
Pros
Lots of internal mobility
Cons
No consistent management
Highly paced
Auto Claims Phone Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2018
With Auto Claims Phone Adjusters it was a great experience, I enjoyed the environment, the team. There very high expectations, as there should be in any job. With this one some of the expectations were unrealistic.

You have only so much time in a day and your day is structured in a way that some of the time line can be unrealistic.

Overall great company, wonderful people and they are truly there to help.
Pros
Excellence in empathy
Cons
Time lines need to be a little more realistic
I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work at intact
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2018
The management overall might be good but my manager wasn’t. He/she assigned work as they pleased and once you were done the task regardless of how much time invested they would say “oh I changed my mind”. You aren’t appreciated for what you do and your time isn’t considered as important. You are always talked down by your manager and discouraged by negative feedback. Any positive feedback is never shared even if it’s for you specifically ! You are given so much work after your manager changes their mind and you are expected to be just available for overtime because “it’s open”. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here. Might be the biggest insurance company but they definitely don’t value their employees !!!!
Pros
Flexibity with schedules
Cons
Unprofessional management
29 August 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback - we do care about our People and our Customers. This feedback will help all of our managers to reflect on the importance of recognition.

Low stress admin workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2018
Hours flexible and time bank to build up time off. Management extremely friendly and helpful if you do your work (which you are left to do independently as you see best).
Politically environment,
Technology Architect-Desktop engineer (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec, Canada13 July 2018
Politically environment,

upper administrator change and people work under these and be laid off any time.

watch yourself , be care full about your colleges
Pros
Big challenge, prouve gourself
Cons
not friendly environment.
29 August 2018

Thank you for review, we agree we have really interesting forward thinking and challenging projects. We are glad we have hired people like you who want the opportunity to showcase your skills – so thank you. We strive every day to create an environment that encourages a fun, collaborative and respectful environment. We are sorry to hear you are not feeling this. You will have the opportunity to anonymously share this feedback on your team in September during the Employee Engagement Survey.

Great pay - terrible work environment
Claims Representative level II (Former Employee) –  Canada3 July 2018
Intact is a good company to purchase for insurance for your house or car etc, but terrible to work for. I was with the company for a little over 7 years. A good time I feel to judge overall how I feel about it.

- Excellent pay
- Extremely interesting work
- Days went by fast
- Wonderful and supportive co-workers
- CIP training paid for by the company
- Loved assisting customers through a stressful situation

- Up until just before I left, awful management.
- Very stressful work loads. Multiple people were away on stress leave due to workload
- Well over double the expected work load is common even in non-storm months and routinely expected to stay overtime even when you are exhausted mentally
- Benefits and task load were fantastic when it was formerly ING but once it switched to Intact, benefits were cut and workload was poured on without hiring more staff to offset this
- No advancement opportunities
Pros
pay was substantial
Cons
stressful work environment
29 August 2018

Thank you for all of your contributions over the seven years with Intact. We really appreciate it! Insurance companies have been significantly impacted by Canada’s changing climate, resulting in a very high volume of weather related Claims. We care about our team and are in the midst of hiring to help alleviate the volume of work.

Estructura receptiva
Jefa de equipo (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2018
Fue muy agradable trabajar en Intact. La gente es receptiva y ofrecen buena capacitación. Respeto mutuo.
Aspect formation numéro 1
Analyste Suivi de la Qualité / Pré (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2018
Belle entreprises grandi a cet endroit, Belle opportunitée d'emploi.
Pros
formation gratuit
Cons
Aspect employer, a diminuer, reconaissance
Évaluation
aide-souscripteur (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC4 June 2018
J'ai adoré les années lorsque j'ai travaillé chez Intact Assurance, alors que je n'étais qu'un étudiant!
Plusieurs belles opportunités d’évoluer dans l’entreprise
Assurance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2018
Belles valeurs d’entreprise inspirante pour les employés.
- Le Client d’abord
- L’excellence
- L’honnêteté
- La collaboration

Le CEO Charles Brindamours communique bien les objectifs et la vision de l’entreprise aux employés.
Top P&C Organization in the Country
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2018
Overall Intact is a fantastic organization to work for. They are constantly looking for ways to grow and innovate which makes it a standout organization. Its value system is a great way to model yourself in any aspect of your career and probably any organization. Certainly an enjoyable workplace as well.

An area they could benefit from is a better process for promoting young talent. Been at the organization for many years, though I've been given opportunites to lead and mentor individuals, the actual opportunity to move into managerial role has been surprisingly difficult. Its a trend I see throughout my department and other areas as well.
17 May 2018

Thanks so much for sharing such a positive review! We appreciate your kind words and areas where we can improve. We are focused on campus recruitment to bring in great talent as well as scaling our development programs in Specialty Solutions and Commercial Lines. We want to continue to get better and build great talent from within!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intact. Our community is ready to answer.