Intact Employee Reviews

If you are young and intelligent don't waste your time here.
Underwriting Assistant, Commercial Lines (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 August 2018
The company has a great benefits package, but does not promote employees, or management properly. Many people in positions may not actually be the most qualified, but have been determined to be "next in line"

If you are motivated, intelligent and under 40 I highly recommend looking elsewhere. You will be stifled in this environment, and will not advance. The work itself is not difficult, but the work environment will be. You will be asked to take on additional and higher authority tasks with no compensation or title change all while being emerged in a high-school like work environment.

The workplace culture is quite toxic, and difficult to escape as you will quickly learn how immature, and misguided many employees focuses are (spending more time on gossiping and chatting rather than work tasks) which causes imbalanced workloads.

There are some good managers, but unfortunately it is not consistent across this division. Good leaders eat last.
Cons
Toxic work environment
Can be good, but takes time to find the right fit
Field Building Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 August 2018
A great place for people starting in their careers, but not a place for people in the middle or looking for long term stability. Intact is constantly changing, which allows no time to settle on stable procedures or really promote the long term careers of its general staff.
Pros
Lots of internal mobility
Cons
No consistent management
Highly paced
Auto Claims Phone Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2018
With Auto Claims Phone Adjusters it was a great experience, I enjoyed the environment, the team. There very high expectations, as there should be in any job. With this one some of the expectations were unrealistic.

You have only so much time in a day and your day is structured in a way that some of the time line can be unrealistic.

Overall great company, wonderful people and they are truly there to help.
Pros
Excellence in empathy
Cons
Time lines need to be a little more realistic
I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work at intact
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 July 2018
The management overall might be good but my manager wasn’t. He/she assigned work as they pleased and once you were done the task regardless of how much time invested they would say “oh I changed my mind”. You aren’t appreciated for what you do and your time isn’t considered as important. You are always talked down by your manager and discouraged by negative feedback. Any positive feedback is never shared even if it’s for you specifically ! You are given so much work after your manager changes their mind and you are expected to be just available for overtime because “it’s open”. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here. Might be the biggest insurance company but they definitely don’t value their employees !!!!
Pros
Flexibity with schedules
Cons
Unprofessional management
Low stress admin workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2018
Hours flexible and time bank to build up time off. Management extremely friendly and helpful if you do your work (which you are left to do independently as you see best).
Politically environment,
Technology Architect-Desktop engineer (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec, Canada13 July 2018
Politically environment,

upper administrator change and people work under these and be laid off any time.

watch yourself , be care full about your colleges
Pros
Big challenge, prouve gourself
Cons
not friendly environment.
Great pay - terrible work environment
Claims Representative level II (Former Employee) –  Canada3 July 2018
Intact is a good company to purchase for insurance for your house or car etc, but terrible to work for. I was with the company for a little over 7 years. A good time I feel to judge overall how I feel about it.

- Excellent pay
- Extremely interesting work
- Days went by fast
- Wonderful and supportive co-workers
- CIP training paid for by the company
- Loved assisting customers through a stressful situation

- Up until just before I left, awful management.
- Very stressful work loads. Multiple people were away on stress leave due to workload
- Well over double the expected work load is common even in non-storm months and routinely expected to stay overtime even when you are exhausted mentally
- Benefits and task load were fantastic when it was formerly ING but once it switched to Intact, benefits were cut and workload was poured on without hiring more staff to offset this
- No advancement opportunities
Pros
pay was substantial
Cons
stressful work environment
Estructura receptiva
Jefa de equipo (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2018
Fue muy agradable trabajar en Intact. La gente es receptiva y ofrecen buena capacitación. Respeto mutuo.
Aspect formation numéro 1
Analyste Suivi de la Qualité / Pré (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2018
Belle entreprises grandi a cet endroit, Belle opportunitée d'emploi.
Pros
formation gratuit
Cons
Aspect employer, a diminuer, reconaissance
Évaluation
aide-souscripteur (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC4 June 2018
J'ai adoré les années lorsque j'ai travaillé chez Intact Assurance, alors que je n'étais qu'un étudiant!
Plusieurs belles opportunités d’évoluer dans l’entreprise
Assurance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2018
Belles valeurs d’entreprise inspirante pour les employés.
- Le Client d’abord
- L’excellence
- L’honnêteté
- La collaboration

Le CEO Charles Brindamours communique bien les objectifs et la vision de l’entreprise aux employés.
Top P&C Organization in the Country
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2018
Overall Intact is a fantastic organization to work for. They are constantly looking for ways to grow and innovate which makes it a standout organization. Its value system is a great way to model yourself in any aspect of your career and probably any organization. Certainly an enjoyable workplace as well.

An area they could benefit from is a better process for promoting young talent. Been at the organization for many years, though I've been given opportunites to lead and mentor individuals, the actual opportunity to move into managerial role has been surprisingly difficult. Its a trend I see throughout my department and other areas as well.
17 May 2018

Thanks so much for sharing such a positive review! We appreciate your kind words and areas where we can improve. We are focused on campus recruitment to bring in great talent as well as scaling our development programs in Specialty Solutions and Commercial Lines. We want to continue to get better and build great talent from within!

Excellent work place
Consultant, IT License and Contracts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2018
Excellent customer service culture environment lots of activities
Management is involved and informative
Great teammates
Beautiful office
17 May 2018

Thank you for sharing such an amazing review!! Intact is about people and we are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Proactive and fun working enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2018
Intact Insurance was a great job work force with advancement opportunities. It is a company that is proactive to train its staff to provide the fantastic customer service in a difficult times.
17 May 2018

Thank you for sharing this positive review especially as a former employee! Our promise to our candidates, employees and customers is to support one another with teamwork, respect and integrity.

Be careful
Head of IT - DTCD (West) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 April 2018
Think twice before joining. They will dismiss you once their needs are met. They project that they care for employees and customer, but its the opposite. They care less if you were loyal to the organization
Entreprise en évolution
Soutien à la souscription commerciale (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC24 April 2018
Beaucoup de possibilités pour certaines personnes, moins pour d'autres
Travail peu routinier mais production très surveillée
Bonne entreprise globalement, beaucoup de changements
Claims Intake Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2018
I loved every minute of my job working for Intact Insurance. My job was to process new claims, and the training was amazing and the staff was amazing.
17 May 2018

Thank you for writing this review. We are doubly impressed that you took the time as a former employee to write it!

Bel environnement de travail
Agente de bureau (Index et transfert) (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC5 April 2018
J'occupais un poste à contrat, alors j'ai dû chercher autre chose pour la suite au marché du travail.
Pros
Grande famille
If you don't care about your job / You'll fit right in.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 March 2018
- Customer Service Etiquette not up to the standards it should be.
- Certain agents raise their voice to customers, are rude and condescending.
- Took about a month to get all my resources after training period to be able to fully do my job.
- Manager are often MIA, have to fend for yourself on difficult situations.
- Toxic work environment.
- If you strive for customer service, you will be disappointed working here.
- If you don't care for your job, great place to work.
- Salary is horrible for the work that you do, they train you to do the job of the claims adjustor but don't get paid their salary.
- The people who do their jobs the right way tend to not be promoted when they should be or they simply get let go right before their probation period is up.
I don't recommend working here. I you have the experience and qualifications that this position requires, I highly suggest looking for employment with another company where you will be appreciated and rewarded for doing great work.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Low salary for the work actually being done.
Not a nice place to work
CLAIMS ADJUSTER/CALL CENTRE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2018
No work balance. Unpaid overtime is expected daily. Opinions are considered as negative and are never taken into account. Not very good management. Very low moral. Management took the enjoyment out of work.
Cons
Long hours.