Intact Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2019
This is a very team oriented company and supportive. Benefits is good if you are onboard as a permanent employee.

Not easy to getting in as permanent.
Pros
Team environment.
Cons
getting on permanent
1 February 2019

Thank you for sharing a review. Intact is about people and we are happy to hear that you had a great experience with us!

Great people
Casualty Claims Representative - Level II (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 December 2018
Here you will find some of the best co-workers you can find, great team work. Everybody is always willing to help out and care about your success. Lots of team building events.
1 February 2019

Thank you for sharing this review. We're glad to hear that you have great colleagues #ItsAboutPeople :)

Dynamic company
Procurement Contract Technician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 February 2019
Very focused on IT procurement, very dynamic and in a constant state of change. Having acquired several companies in the past 10 years, Intact is continuously adjusting to the market and adapting to new IT guidelines on information security.
Great people to work with, great company ethics.
Service Centre Representative - Claims Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2018
Intact hires people that care about what they do, people who are honest, hard working and can have fun.

With in the Service Centre is a 1 stop fix-it shop. Our insureds some in after speaking with an adjuster, to get their vehicle repairs. I took appointments, to explain the process at the Service Centre. We provide the insured with a rental car on the spot and try our best to return their vehicle in a timely manner, back to the original state before the incident.
1 February 2019

We are very appreciative for the excellent review! It is great to read all of the incredible things you have to say about your time with us. It is employees like yourself that help carry the banner and truly can inspire others to help partake in our mission. Thanks for all of your hard work and your great customer service!

Fun workplace
Accounts Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2019
Great place to work and very fun. Very kind coworkers and lots of extra activities going on all the time. Managers are excited to help you attain goals even if its not in the same department.
1 February 2019

Thank you for sharing a review. Intact is about people and we are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Total autonomy for work schedule
SENIOR LOSS PREVENTION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2018
Excellent company to work for. Lots of latitude provided in conducting work load and scheduling. Company vehicle provided that is usable in both the work and personal arrangements.
1 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words.

OK place to work
Full time Telephone Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2018
Good benefits/pay but you get worked like a dog. Little to no communication between management and the floor. Numbers are all that matter to them. Good coworkers.
1 February 2019

Thank you for writing this review and sharing your thoughts and experiences on what we do well and what areas we can improve on. We will continue to work on investing in our employees though effective communication.

Good Company to work for
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
Intact is very good company to work for. Unfortunately, I need to make a decision to find the good opportunity to work as consultant for some time..Recently some changes were made to my dept and makes me to think about career @Intact. So, looking out for new good opportunities.
Pros
Goood Culture. Work/Life balance
Cons
new management for some dept.
1 February 2019

Thank you for your positive review. We strive every day to create an environment that encourages a fun, collaborative and respectful environment with interesting work. We are sorry to hear you are not feeling this. Change can be hard so we encourage you to reach out to your Manager or speak with HR about your concerns so that we can help.

Love it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2018
Good work, decent pay. I worked full time for two summers and it was beneficial to hep me save for school. Overall did not benefit me otherwise but was a good eenvironment to work in.
1 February 2019

Thank you for your positive review and we wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Great place to work at. Management culture one of the best I have experienced
Busines Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2018
A great place to work at everyday. Great management team and all around great mid level and upper level managers. Most enjoyable part of the job is having to do and learn new things almost on a daily basis.
1 February 2019

Thank you for sharing such a positive review! We strive everyday to provide an environment where employees can learn, grow their careers and have fun with their colleagues. We're happy to hear that this is your experience!

Great benefits and plenty of opportunities for advancement
Casualty Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2018
-Management actually cares about your development
-It is always busy but the people there become like family
-Lots of resources to utilize for growth (courses etc)
Pros
Advancement and growth opportunities
Cons
Work load
1 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We strive every day to create an environment where people can grow and learn in a fun and friendly environment. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with us.

Great culture and work environnement
Claims representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 December 2018
The position requires to open new claims and provide quality customer service regarding claims in general. The workplace culture was awesome, everyone is there to help the clients and you can really feel it.
1 February 2019

Thank you for sharing a review on your experience with us. Intact is about people and we are happy to hear that you had a great experience with us!

Used to be a great working environment
Intermediate Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 November 2018
Not sure of when and what changed but within the we have had alot of turnover especially with seasoned adjusters leaving.

They are not promoting the most prime candidates and those that are chosen are struggling as they do not have the capacity to mold them into stronger and better adjusters. The resources are always changing and it is a constant struggle day to day to accomplish what used to be simple tasks.

Hardest part of the job is when a manager does not like. They will make your daily life miserable and purposely hold you back from getting promoted or wanting to move to another department

I have learned my worth just by talking to former employees and going to job interviews and hearing what their day to day is like and what kind of job culture I need to be in to excel at my job and my future career goals

Most enjoyable part of my job is the location and my coworkers. We have formed a second family and are there for one another during the good and the bad times
Pros
Location, employees, work schedule
Cons
Management style, not enough resources and lack of support
1 February 2019

Thank you for your review. You’ve outlined some great points for us to consider so thank you. People are our biggest strength so it's great to hear that you are working with a great team. We’re sorry to hear that you don't feel supported by your managers. We hope that you can speak with your HR Manager about your concerns so that we can help.

Bon
Agent en assurance IARD (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 December 2018
Tres bonne ambiance de travail. Personelle en majorité jeune et dynamique.
1 February 2019

Merci pour votre commentaire et nous apprécions que vous ayez pris le temps de formuler cette recommandation. Nos gens étant au coeur de nos valeurs, nous sommes donc heureux que votre expérience employé soit à la hauteur de vos attentes.

Senior QA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2019
Great place to work. Excellent camaraderie. Good projects. Aglie, scrum. Good work life balance. Got very good opportunities to learn. Great corporate work culture.
1 February 2019

Thank you for the excellent review! It is employees like yourself that help carry the banner and truly can inspire others to help partake in our mission. Thanks for all of your hard work and best of luck in your new endeavours!

Challenging and passionnate job with multitude transformations and acquisitions
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 January 2019
Talented people working to achieve very strong goals with all the same great values.

Very credible and strong Senior Management team.

Very competitive salary and benefits.

Many opportunities to grow.
1 February 2019

We are very appreciative for the excellent review! It is great to read all of the incredible things you have to say about your time with us. It is employees like yourself that help carry the banner and truly can inspire others to help partake in our mission. Thanks for all of your hard work!

productif et agréable
rapidité d'apprentissage (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2018
l'entraide entre collègue

Ouverture de la direction sur les propositions des employés

Great company
Unit Manager IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 November 2018
Allows me to learn and better by skills:
Develop Service Level Agreements (SLOs) with our business partners and clients.
• Develop policies and procedures that outline how incidents are identified, documented, assigned and
corrected.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk
technology procurement and development efforts.
• Plan and perform staff performance evaluations.
• Ensure appropriate training initiatives for agents.
• Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via telephone, chat and e-mail to ensure
courteous, timely and effective resolution.
• Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
• Track and analyze client trends through requests and incident ticket reports.
• Attend Change Management and Steering Committee meetings as requested.
• Undertaking HR activities as needed.
• Producing statistics and Executive reports to be presented and explained during meetings with our
business partners.
• Regular meetings with business partners to discuss trends and needs.
1 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review! We are happy to hear that your role allows you to grow and learn--great leaders make a huge difference!

très bon employeur
Commis à la saisie de données (Former Employee) –  St.-Hyacinthe, QC5 November 2018
Horaire flexible, bel environnement de travail. Beaucoup d'employés a contrat.

Mediocre
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2018
Pros
-CIP courses offered and paid for by employer
-In house personal development courses
-Tuition reimbursement

Cons
-Average pay
-Limited opportunities for growth
1 February 2019

Thank you for your review. People are our biggest strength and culture is our most prized asset so we will continue to invest in people and create a diverse and inspired workplace. We hope that you can speak with your Manager or HR on how we can help with your career development.