Intact Employee Reviews

Total autonomy for work schedule
SENIOR LOSS PREVENTION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2018
Excellent company to work for. Lots of latitude provided in conducting work load and scheduling. Company vehicle provided that is usable in both the work and personal arrangements.
Bon
Agent en assurance IARD (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 December 2018
Tres bonne ambiance de travail. Personelle en majorité jeune et dynamique.
Mediocre
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2018
Pros
-CIP courses offered and paid for by employer
-In house personal development courses
-Tuition reimbursement

Cons
-Average pay
-Limited opportunities for growth
Love it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2018
Good work, decent pay. I worked full time for two summers and it was beneficial to hep me save for school. Overall did not benefit me otherwise but was a good eenvironment to work in.
Great people to work with, great company ethics.
Service Centre Representative - Claims Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2018
Intact hires people that care about what they do, people who are honest, hard working and can have fun.

With in the Service Centre is a 1 stop fix-it shop. Our insureds some in after speaking with an adjuster, to get their vehicle repairs. I took appointments, to explain the process at the Service Centre. We provide the insured with a rental car on the spot and try our best to return their vehicle in a timely manner, back to the original state before the incident.
productif et agréable
rapidité d'apprentissage (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2018
l'entraide entre collègue

Ouverture de la direction sur les propositions des employés
Great company
Unit Manager IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 November 2018
Allows me to learn and better by skills:
Develop Service Level Agreements (SLOs) with our business partners and clients.
• Develop policies and procedures that outline how incidents are identified, documented, assigned and
corrected.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk
technology procurement and development efforts.
• Plan and perform staff performance evaluations.
• Ensure appropriate training initiatives for agents.
• Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via telephone, chat and e-mail to ensure
courteous, timely and effective resolution.
• Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
• Track and analyze client trends through requests and incident ticket reports.
• Attend Change Management and Steering Committee meetings as requested.
• Undertaking HR activities as needed.
• Producing statistics and Executive reports to be presented and explained during meetings with our
business partners.
• Regular meetings with business partners to discuss trends and needs.
Used to be a great working environment
Intermediate Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 November 2018
Not sure of when and what changed but within the we have had alot of turnover especially with seasoned adjusters leaving.

They are not promoting the most prime candidates and those that are chosen are struggling as they do not have the capacity to mold them into stronger and better adjusters. The resources are always changing and it is a constant struggle day to day to accomplish what used to be simple tasks.

Hardest part of the job is when a manager does not like. They will make your daily life miserable and purposely hold you back from getting promoted or wanting to move to another department

I have learned my worth just by talking to former employees and going to job interviews and hearing what their day to day is like and what kind of job culture I need to be in to excel at my job and my future career goals

Most enjoyable part of my job is the location and my coworkers. We have formed a second family and are there for one another during the good and the bad times
Pros
Location, employees, work schedule
Cons
Management style, not enough resources and lack of support
très bon employeur
Commis à la saisie de données (Former Employee) –  St.-Hyacinthe, QC5 November 2018
Horaire flexible, bel environnement de travail. Beaucoup d'employés a contrat.
Large company
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 October 2018
Large company. Traditional 9-5 type job. Functional company with management, and great systems in place. It's not like smaller companies where you can have more say in operations. Typically have decent budgets so you're not fully rushed on projects, making it less stressful at times.
great place to work
appraiser (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 October 2018
excellent training and management help full, question and concerns answered in a very reasonable time frame. fellow employees and team members always available to help
Pros
attention to detail
Cons
Awesome people to work with, great management
Catastrophe Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2018
Great place to work. Long hours and broad job expectations. Great for experience and learning within the industry. They give people a chance with no experience.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of hours
travail
Agent APL/ SAC (indemnisation) (Current Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC27 September 2018
téléphone

ouverture réclamation

suivi de dossier

prise en charge immédiate des assurés
Fun place to work with many other benefits
Senior Property/Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2018
Great place to work. Lots of room to move promotion wise. They give you autonomy to make your own decisions on files. They have a lot of fun with during and after hour events.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not really any
Un environnement de travail enviable
Directeur des opérations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 September 2018
Intact offre un environnement de travail enviable en termes de salaires, avantages sociaux et équilibre travail-famille mais aussi en termes de culture, de travail d'équipe et d'opportunité de se dépasser.

Personnellement, je trouve que nous évoluons dans une méritocratie où les gens qui dépassent les attentes sont reconnus et récompensés sur une base individuelle lors de leurs évaluations.

J'ai le sentiment que les nouvelles idées sont encouragées et bien accueillies et je n'hésite donc jamais à dire à quelqu'un de venir travailler ici.
environnement très agréable
Centre d'appel (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 September 2018
Il fallait solicite des personnes avec assurance auto et ou habitation pour leur proposer une soumission au prêt d'un de nos courtiers en assurance.Le management était très sympathique avec les employés ce qui créait une excellente atmosphère de travail.Cette emploi demandait de connaitre les différent cabinet de courtage en assurance et quelque notions dans le domaine. une bonne parti des clients n'étaient content de faire appelé pour des assurances et pouvaient te répondre avec un langage pas très approprié
Pros
ambiance du groupe de travail
Cons
horaire entre 11h - 20h
Best job ever!
Contracted Auto Hail Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
I have never felt more welcome at work, they are extremely supportive and friendly. As long as you fit with the crowd within the company, you will have a good experience.
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
break systems
Intact assurance
Expert en sinistre (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2018
Les salaires sont excellents ainsi que les avantages sociaux et l'évolution de carrière.
No Comment
Administrative Support II (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2018
Worked with some amazing people and who took the time to show me how to process things and to increase my knowledge within the insurance industry.

Enjoyed helping fellow colleges that did not understand our system and tried to guide through the process.
If you are young and intelligent don't waste your time here.
Underwriting Assistant, Commercial Lines (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 August 2018
The company has a great benefits package, but does not promote employees, or management properly. Many people in positions may not actually be the most qualified, but have been determined to be "next in line"

If you are motivated, intelligent and under 40 I highly recommend looking elsewhere. You will be stifled in this environment, and will not advance. The work itself is not difficult, but the work environment will be. You will be asked to take on additional and higher authority tasks with no compensation or title change all while being emerged in a high-school like work environment.

The workplace culture is quite toxic, and difficult to escape as you will quickly learn how immature, and misguided many employees focuses are (spending more time on gossiping and chatting rather than work tasks) which causes imbalanced workloads.

There are some good managers, but unfortunately it is not consistent across this division. Good leaders eat last.
Cons
Toxic work environment
Official response from Intact
29 August 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are so sorry that this was not the right Company or role for you. We have been reviewing our recruitment practices and are about to announce some strong commitments to reinforce an approach that employees can feel good about. We have also shared your feedback with the Management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intact. Our community is ready to answer.