Intact Employee Reviews

Claims Intake Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2018
I loved every minute of my job working for Intact Insurance. My job was to process new claims, and the training was amazing and the staff was amazing.
Bel environnement de travail
Agente de bureau (Index et transfert) (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC5 April 2018
J'occupais un poste à contrat, alors j'ai dû chercher autre chose pour la suite au marché du travail.
Pros
Grande famille
If you don't care about your job / You'll fit right in.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 March 2018
- Customer Service Etiquette not up to the standards it should be.
- Certain agents raise their voice to customers, are rude and condescending.
- Took about a month to get all my resources after training period to be able to fully do my job.
- Manager are often MIA, have to fend for yourself on difficult situations.
- Toxic work environment.
- If you strive for customer service, you will be disappointed working here.
- If you don't care for your job, great place to work.
- Salary is horrible for the work that you do, they train you to do the job of the claims adjustor but don't get paid their salary.
- The people who do their jobs the right way tend to not be promoted when they should be or they simply get let go right before their probation period is up.
I don't recommend working here. I you have the experience and qualifications that this position requires, I highly suggest looking for employment with another company where you will be appreciated and rewarded for doing great work.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Low salary for the work actually being done.
Not a nice place to work
CLAIMS ADJUSTER/CALL CENTRE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2018
No work balance. Unpaid overtime is expected daily. Opinions are considered as negative and are never taken into account. Not very good management. Very low moral. Management took the enjoyment out of work.
Cons
Long hours.
Souscripteur
Agent d'assurance (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 March 2018
répondre aux courtiers
analyser les risques
proposer des produits d'assurance
Aucun
Très bonne ambiance de travail
Pros
sécurité de l'emploi et avantages
Cons
aucun
Good Company to work with.
Sr. ETL Developer/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Intact is the best employer to work with. The coworkers and management are always helpful. The company is always adaptive of new technologies to be a leader.
Pros
Good work environment
fun place
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2018
Great place to work!!! Staff and management are nice. Pay is on par with the Toronto downtown core area. Fun events and great working environment - overall good!
fun workplace
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2018
very fun, food hours, friendly coworkers, good location, free parking, pay is really good. chances to grow and move up with the company.never gets boring, always have something to do.
OK place to work
Commercial Lines Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON27 February 2018
I did not work for a long time in this position - I think if there was a different position for me to work in, it would have worked out better at the time.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Seems there is office politics
Great Work life Balance
Business Analyst II, Financial Systems (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2018
The company has a dynamic environment and great opportunities! I worked for belairdirect which is subsidiary of Intact and decided to stay and look for opportunities within the company instead of applying elsewhere.
20 February 2018

Thank you for sharing such a positive review! Intact is about people and we are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

lot of acquired knowledge
Administrateur de sécurité informatique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 January 2018
Great place to learn about IT security and work with different levels of management. Learned a lot about ID tokens and VPN access and different IT security systems.
20 February 2018

Thank you for writing this review. We are doubly impressed that you took the time as a former employee to write it!

Procurement
ACHETEUR SERVICES IT ET PROFESSIONNELS (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2018
Was at the procurement for only few months.
Intact strategy is very interesting and his position over competitor is well established.
In the procurement, it was interesting to understand their process.
20 February 2018

Thank you for writing this positive review. We are doubly impressed that you took the time as a former employee to write it.

Customer driven company
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Helpful management
Great employee benefits
Fitness subsidy available
Good oppurtuniy to move up
Great training programs
Always improving to satisfy customer needs
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
N/a
15 January 2018

Thank you for sharing such a positive review. Intact is about people and we are happy to hear that you are having a great experience with us!

Workplace culture
Client Centre Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 January 2018
Culture is very engaging and supportive beginning from day one. Multiple opportunities to acquire new skills and learn new qualifications to help advance in the workplace. Great work life balance, wonderful staff and management.
15 January 2018

Thank you for your kind review! Our promise to both our candidates and customers is supporting each other with teamwork, respect and integrity. Glad that you are having a great experience with us!

great company
Equipment Breakdown Underwriter, (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2017
I think this is an amazing company to work for. I've been on contract & I found it very difficult to come on full time. Other than that it's been great. I have the best boss you could ask for.
15 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review! We appreciate your kind words and happy to hear that you have a great leader!

Great foundational start for me
Accounting Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
I worked here very young in the beginning of my career. I learned a lot about typical office life and demands.

The management and colleagues were very friendly.
15 January 2018

Thank you for sharing a review. Intact is about people and we are happy to hear that you had a great experience with us!

Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Good place to work. Plenty of work to keep you busy. Not cutting edge technology, but sound processes and methodologies.

Management are not micromanagers.
Very fun and organized place to work
Senior Mid-Market Commercial Lines Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Handled mid market underwriting risks in a team environment. Great incentives for premium volumes and new business. The management was very good to all employees.
The best Place to work With
(I) Senior Test Analyst /Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2017
Work Life Balance is good
Good Communication between Management and Team
Good Learning about the Company Products
Giving Opportunities for learning
Engaging work environment
wfm specialist (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC8 November 2017
I enjoyed my exposure to the financial industry, and more specifically the IT department.
- Excellent company
- Socially and environmentally responsile
- encourages diversity in all position in the organization
- well educated and experienced management team
- wonderfull work environment
- unparalled work life balance (work from home program)
Over all, it was an excellent exposure and experience working at Intact.
Pros
work life balance, work environment, engaged management
Cons
I have no cons