Insurity

Insurity Employee Reviews

They don't offer bonus or raises (employed for 3 years), at the time they didn't offer work from home.
At times I felt management wasn't supportive.
Insurity is highly respected in the Insurance industry. The new management has a clear direction moving from a service provider for the Insurance industry to a product provider of Insurance software.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that has 0 work to life balance with 0 bonus, and 0 recognition, Insurity is the place for you. Management is lacking and it is a cut-throat environment where everyone is only out for themselves.
This is a company where you need to be strong independently. You need the ability to be resourceful and if you need assistance, take the steps to get the training you need.
They have acquired competing companies and they have made mess with general roadmap. Primary focus of the company is to outsouce work leaving customers stranded.
During my two years there were 3 rounds of layoffs which kept morale and the company culture fairly negative. Many people took any opportunity they got to leave. They also forced people to argue and assert themselves to get a raise; no regular discussions of raises or pay change were instituted. Some really great people work there but the culture was miserable.
If you're fresh out of school, this is a good start-up. Typical day can vary - it can be very relaxed or very stressful. Benefits are amazing. Unlimited PTO. HSA account. They match your 401K contribution. And you can work remote... if your manager is cool with it.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
I loved it. I felt like a part of something and had responsibility and autonomy. Be ready to work hard. It's worth it. If you are O.K. with putting in long hours when needed to meet client expectations or exceed them, there shouldn't be a problem.

I felt I had a voice in the way we delivered the work to accounts and managed the projects. Expectation setting between the various practice areas can be a struggle as there are numerous clients to serve, but I enjoyed the negotiation and played an active role in my career while there. I learned a lot and could have learned more.

There is still time to get to the bank or attend to a family matter when needed. The schedule and success of it is really up to the individual. Be open and candid with your teams about any time constraints and just do what's needed to get things done.
Pros
Engaging work
Cons
Lots of engaging work
The company does not take care of its people. Morale is very low. People are wearing multiple hats, overworked and stretched way too thin. Salary is not competitive in the market place. High turnover.
The company started out seeming to really care about their employees. After about 6 months there, the way the projects were managed was driven too much by one customer, who kept changing their minds; for a supposed Agile shop, we constantly had to change what we were expected to deliver in the middle of a sprint. Classic sign that management doesn't know how to run a software project. I would not recommend my enemies go work here.
Poorly managed. Employees are hard working but upper management is disconnected from reality. While they say they wanted to things the right way, things are usually done in a haphazard fashion.

Project deadline is a joke. Sometimes estimate can be magnitudes off, and the poor worker bees had to do whatever they can to make sure projects are done in a timely fashion.
Pros
Nice coworker, casual working environment
Cons
Stressful, long hours, had to beg to get any raises
Unfortunately, too many old managers trying to save their skin so no real managing happening. Great talent has been slowly walking away from the table, while poor talent is coveted. If you have been in the insurance industry for years with an abundance of experience then this is probably not that place for you. Bottom line, long hours and no real rewards.
completely dissatisfied working at this company. Management was poor, communication was horrible. I referred several people to this company and now regret it.
Insurity was a great place to work when I started there back in 1999. Over the years and through different buyouts, the culture changed. With the most recent one that I was involved in and the exit of the original owner of the company, I decided it was time for me to retire.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High cost of healthcare
A truly awful place to work. I pity anyone forced to work there in order to make a living. I don't understand how they remain in business. The management is so bad it's almost unimaginable.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
everything.
It was a long time ago, so it would be difficult for me to right an actual review. I remember the employees as conscientious and working well as a team.
Benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Very fast paced; sales over commits and just throws projects over the wall expecting us to deliver without resources. No mentoring. They talk a good talk to get you in the door then you quickly realize what a joke it is. Great people to work with but the stress is not worth it.
Pros
the people are great
Cons
no mentoring, unrealistic expectations, no resources
a typical day at work would include constant changes in work priority.
Starting out the day focused on one project, and having to quickly and accurately jump to another project..
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Reorganization/Reduction in Staff/Layoffs
Co-workers, benefits, office setting all great. No formal training program for new hires. Annual layoffs ("reduction in force") seem to be their thing to balance the annual budget.
Pros
Free coffee/tea. Discounted snacks.
Cons
Lack of job security.
Too many non technical people , hiring people with just domain knowledge is not enough , ever changing priorities will lead to very stressful and political environment , head of IT does not have CS degree go figure
Pros
Cons
ever chainging priorties, no process is place, playing favourites, feel like working for a senator
Working at Insurity is exciting. Everyday is new and full of new experiences. Don't worry about being "micromanaged". Lots of work to do, the day fly's by. Comfortable work environment.
Pros
Free Coffee, tea, and popcorn. Quarterly employee events.
Cons
Pay for performance - has opportunities.