Insurity Employee Reviews

Peaks and Valleys
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT19 February 2019
I loved it. I felt like a part of something and had responsibility and autonomy. Be ready to work hard. It's worth it. If you are O.K. with putting in long hours when needed to meet client expectations or exceed them, there shouldn't be a problem.

I felt I had a voice in the way we delivered the work to accounts and managed the projects. Expectation setting between the various practice areas can be a struggle as there are numerous clients to serve, but I enjoyed the negotiation and played an active role in my career while there. I learned a lot and could have learned more.

There is still time to get to the bank or attend to a family matter when needed. The schedule and success of it is really up to the individual. Be open and candid with your teams about any time constraints and just do what's needed to get things done.
Pros
Engaging work
Cons
Lots of engaging work
Not what is used to be
Developer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CT18 February 2019
The company does not take care of its people. Morale is very low. People are wearing multiple hats, overworked and stretched way too thin. Salary is not competitive in the market place. High turnover.
Mis-management Nightmare
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT25 November 2018
The company started out seeming to really care about their employees. After about 6 months there, the way the projects were managed was driven too much by one customer, who kept changing their minds; for a supposed Agile shop, we constantly had to change what we were expected to deliver in the middle of a sprint. Classic sign that management doesn't know how to run a software project. I would not recommend my enemies go work here.
Upper management disconnected from reality
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CT1 November 2018
Poorly managed. Employees are hard working but upper management is disconnected from reality. While they say they wanted to things the right way, things are usually done in a haphazard fashion.

Project deadline is a joke. Sometimes estimate can be magnitudes off, and the poor worker bees had to do whatever they can to make sure projects are done in a timely fashion.
Pros
Nice coworker, casual working environment
Cons
Stressful, long hours, had to beg to get any raises
New Management means no direction
Doesn't Matter (Former Employee) –  Doesn't Matter25 October 2018
Unfortunately, too many old managers trying to save their skin so no real managing happening. Great talent has been slowly walking away from the table, while poor talent is coveted. If you have been in the insurance industry for years with an abundance of experience then this is probably not that place for you. Bottom line, long hours and no real rewards.
poor communication, inexperienced managers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT30 July 2018
completely dissatisfied working at this company. Management was poor, communication was horrible. I referred several people to this company and now regret it.
Time to retire
Senior Business Analyst, Forms Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT29 July 2018
Insurity was a great place to work when I started there back in 1999. Over the years and through different buyouts, the culture changed. With the most recent one that I was involved in and the exit of the original owner of the company, I decided it was time for me to retire.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High cost of healthcare
Awful
employee (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT8 March 2018
A truly awful place to work. I pity anyone forced to work there in order to make a living. I don't understand how they remain in business. The management is so bad it's almost unimaginable.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
everything.
Good company
Programmer Analyst Lead (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT2 February 2018
It was a long time ago, so it would be difficult for me to right an actual review. I remember the employees as conscientious and working well as a team.
Benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
stressful, very fast paced, no resources
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CT27 October 2017
Very fast paced; sales over commits and just throws projects over the wall expecting us to deliver without resources. No mentoring. They talk a good talk to get you in the door then you quickly realize what a joke it is. Great people to work with but the stress is not worth it.
Pros
the people are great
Cons
no mentoring, unrealistic expectations, no resources
High paced, constantly changing work priorities
Executive Assistant / Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT20 October 2017
a typical day at work would include constant changes in work priority.
Starting out the day focused on one project, and having to quickly and accurately jump to another project..
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Reorganization/Reduction in Staff/Layoffs
Not a place for job security
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CT3 October 2017
Co-workers, benefits, office setting all great. No formal training program for new hires. Annual layoffs ("reduction in force") seem to be their thing to balance the annual budget.
Pros
Free coffee/tea. Discounted snacks.
Cons
Lack of job security.
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon28 September 2017
Too many non technical people , hiring people with just domain knowledge is not enough , ever changing priorities will lead to very stressful and political environment , head of IT does not have CS degree go figure
Pros
Cons
ever chainging priorties, no process is place, playing favourites, feel like working for a senator
Tech smart Insurance based company.
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CT2 August 2017
Working at Insurity is exciting. Everyday is new and full of new experiences. Don't worry about being "micromanaged". Lots of work to do, the day fly's by. Comfortable work environment.
Pros
Free Coffee, tea, and popcorn. Quarterly employee events.
Cons
Pay for performance - has opportunities.
Good balanced environment.
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MN31 July 2017
My typical day at Insurity involved both extensive phone and email communication with clients. These calls/emails are the front line response with clients and are either resolved at this front line or moved up to second level technical support. My days contained assignments of resetting passwords, obtaining detailed information from clients to relay to second level support and setting up new users with access to their policy, claims, reporting and billing applicatioins.
Pros
Casual atmosphere and great benefits.
Nice People and Accommodating Clients
Business Analyst / Forms Analysts (Current Employee) –  RCG, Philippines31 July 2017
The people in the office are great to work with. Everyone's sharing what they know and knowing that we handle different clients and enhancement/support logs every 2 weeks, people are willing to lend a hand once needed. Working is light and fun in the office with these people. Clients on the other end are very accommodating with our queries so it's easily to sort out clarifications when arises.
Pros
Great People, Accommodating Clients
Cons
Nightshift
Insurity Review
Senior Business Analyst - Regulatory Department (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT19 July 2017
Great company to work for. As a vendor company providing insurance software solutions for many clients, the creativity and expertise of the employees gives the company a competitive edge.
Good fast paced environment, poor leadership
That Guy (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT6 April 2017
The people are the best in the industry to work with. The leaders during my tenure were not the best and very greedy. Salary remained flat during my tenure.
Pros
Free parking in Hartford
stressful
Sr. Business Analyst - Forms Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT8 March 2017
Developed great relationships with many individuals
7:30 to 3:30 then took work home
required to make impossible deadlines
lack of communication
lack of resources to meet deadlines
2 week releases
Pros
2 volunteer days
Cons
not same processes followed amongst depts
Very friendly and collaborative coworkers and very good working environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT22 December 2016
As a new employee, I didn't get very big projects or assignments. The assignments I got were just big enough to keep me busy. Busy, although, I didn't feel pressured.
Even though the technology the company used was not the latest, I learned a lot about how to write efficient, reusable, and polymorphic code. Also, I learned how a big company maintain their huge code base.
The hardest part of most challenges is the start, this job was not an exception.
Pros
Very friendly and collaborative coworkers, good working environment
Cons
mentor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insurity. Our community is ready to answer.