Insurance Bureau of Canada

Insurance Bureau of Canada Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
The people in the organization were very friendly and helpful. It was really fun working there and I learned so much from being around my co-workers and management.
Management was awesome.
Small organization where everyone knows every other person

Interesting projects

Good career growth opportunities

Decent compensation package
Manager is nice and knowledgeable, providing opportunities to learn new software and improve technical skills and actuarial knowledge.
good working environment and working hours
I have learned a lot working at IBC for about 15 years
All I have learned was from the great coworkers

Management need training in their department.
Pros
Flexable with personal doctor apt
Cons
poor managment
IBC provides a great work environment and is really a family orientated company. Management is accommodating to real life complications that may arise.
customer focus company, i enjoyed making a difference in the lives of many, it was a great experience,solving individuals and insurance company's disputes and problems on a daily basis, support from management, work in a group environment shared knowledge and provide a unified conclusion to any problem.
Pros
chance of advancement
Cons
not enough hours in a day
Working in a fast pace environment, learn to multitask time management very important, work with little supervision management supportive, team players work as a team for a productive outcome, every team member's opinion matters I like making a positive difference in my job and providing exceptional customer service to our clients and the public.
I could not wait to go to work. There were only 4 of us for the region but we were an incredible team. I was able to hone my skills and was always respected. Because we fielded consumer complaints, I had my fair share of screamers. It was always interesting. The hardest part of the job came during the Edmonton Tornado. We were the spokes people so I had to set up a command center and those 13 days straight really took it's toll. My co-workers were my family. We shared all the ups and downs.

Again the company wanted to change things so within 6 months 3 of us including the VP were let go. IBC lost 45 years in total with us.
Pros
Ability to expand my skills and the people were awesome
Cons
It all came to an end with restructuring
everything was good about this company, people are happy and well devoted to their jobs
• Assist in preparing standard report for Ontario Health Claims Database (HCDB) and supporting for answering AD Hoc quires
• Provide actuarial analysis for cash flow of P&C insurance companies and prepare the industry loss ratio report

• Assist in preparing the report for Industry exhibit on domestic oil spill claims in Atlantic provinces and replying to questions related to the report

• Supporting analytical work including data management, data compilation, and data analysis

• Fully preparing and maintaining effective documentation for all projects and assist in supporting other needs of work related to the projects