Instacart Employee Review

Good work for moms
full service shopper (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON9 January 2018
I was going to rate at 5 stars, but today I had unpleasant issue that I hadn't before. Usually my phone starts to beep when you have the order, but today Instacart send notification that I am out of zone and I have to drive to working zone location so I did. It took me half an hour to drive there and guess what? I had to seat in my car and wait for order to come for several hours! So I spend all my schedule in a car with NO orders! Now question: who is going to pay for my gas and parts for my car? Plus they didn't count half an hour that I was driving!!! In general there's more issues like:
- hard to find the right product, especially if it is ethnic product that you never seen before, but probably with the time you will get it.
- some app issues happens from time to time.
- sometimes you need to contact with help center urgently and there's no hot lines so you have to send a message and wait for couple days them to contact you back. So you going back and forth, back and forth...
- you have to work on time. If you are facing with difficult client who is taking your time by texting you back and forth because they are changing their mind regarding their order you will run out of time and your rating at Instacart will be lower so next time you won't be able to get more hours and so on.
Pros
flexible hours and easy to schedule.
Cons
poor or no tips, salary wish to be higher (they pay less than minimum wage), most of the times you have to carry heavy bags, sometimes it is hard to find the customers location, some places don't have parking or paid parking, gas and parts for your car on your own expences.

Other Instacart Employee Reviews

Takes Advantage of It's Employees
Instacart Shopper (Current Employee) –  Canada22 May 2018
I've worked one shift as an instacart shopper and I already hate it. I signed up for an 8-hour shift thinking I would be paid at least minimum wage for those hours. Turns out you only get paid depending on how many deliveries you do and I only did one. So I sat around for 8 hours and got paid $11.80.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Stay Away
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 March 2018
If you are a shopper for this company, stay away!
There are a lot other mystery shopping and food delivery companies that is MUCH more pay than this.

I worked for 3 months and I realized this company now has the WORST payout in the history of all the delivery company I know.

Stay away, it is not worth it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8