Instacart Employee Review

Good work for moms
full service shopper (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON9 January 2018
I was going to rate at 5 stars, but today I had unpleasant issue that I hadn't before. Usually my phone starts to beep when you have the order, but today Instacart send notification that I am out of zone and I have to drive to working zone location so I did. It took me half an hour to drive there and guess what? I had to seat in my car and wait for order to come for several hours! So I spend all my schedule in a car with NO orders! Now question: who is going to pay for my gas and parts for my car? Plus they didn't count half an hour that I was driving!!! In general there's more issues like:
- hard to find the right product, especially if it is ethnic product that you never seen before, but probably with the time you will get it.
- some app issues happens from time to time.
- sometimes you need to contact with help center urgently and there's no hot lines so you have to send a message and wait for couple days them to contact you back. So you going back and forth, back and forth...
- you have to work on time. If you are facing with difficult client who is taking your time by texting you back and forth because they are changing their mind regarding their order you will run out of time and your rating at Instacart will be lower so next time you won't be able to get more hours and so on.
Pros
flexible hours and easy to schedule.
Cons
poor or no tips, salary wish to be higher (they pay less than minimum wage), most of the times you have to carry heavy bags, sometimes it is hard to find the customers location, some places don't have parking or paid parking, gas and parts for your car on your own expences.

Other Instacart Employee Reviews

Instacart
Instacart shopper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 July 2018
The app is easy to understand install which is good. The layout over is well displayed, but the payout is terrible. This is not Ideal or promising at all. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Customer service sucks it does not get back to you with requires to meet the need of the employee. The promised hourly rate is never received upon doing the hours that is required. Do not look into wasting or investing your time into this company it’s not worth the time.
Pros
Cons
No payout & bad costumer service
Takes Advantage of It's Employees
Instacart Shopper (Current Employee) –  Canada22 May 2018
I've worked one shift as an instacart shopper and I already hate it. I signed up for an 8-hour shift thinking I would be paid at least minimum wage for those hours. Turns out you only get paid depending on how many deliveries you do and I only did one. So I sat around for 8 hours and got paid $11.80.
Pros
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7