Instacart

Instacart Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Delivery Driver4 reviews
Canada4 reviews
Batches are not well compensated for but if you are looking to get out of the house it can be a fun experience. Knowing you are helping people with challenges that prevent them from going to a store to shop for themselves is rewarding so tgat is how you should look at it during COVID19
Pros
Work a few hours earn some money, can opt for instant payout or weekly pay
Cons
Not well paid for some of the deliveries. Under minimum wage, not sure how that is legal
It's very bad experience they dont have their staff trained they dont know what's happening in their company.pay is very less .they even dont pay minimum wages.They only make their own profits not caring for people .They have their computers glitch and they are least bothered to fix it .some times they have account problems payment is not going through shoppers waste their time fwaiting for hours
Pros
All pros and cond
Cons
Filled with negative things
All it requires is a car and a grocery list, it is so simple and you can make a ton of money from it and meet some nice regular customers too. The pay is insane if you drive a gas efficient car, I do not but I can still make tons.
Pros
Your own boss, high pay, nice customers
Cons
Gas
While I definitely enjoyed doing Instacart in the few months I was between jobs, the pay can be incredibly low most of the time (below minimum wage + expenses of driving insane distances) and tips vary wildly. You get to pick your own hours or work on-demand, and the more active/higher rated you are, the earlier you get allowed into the schedule pick. Getting hours can be very competitive in some areas, so you might need to watch the schedule page like a hawk. I really did NOT like their penalty system...I was penalized when my car broke down once, even though I called them to explain there was nothing I could do and could not reasonably continue my shift. You could accumulate penalties for refusing the low pay/high distance batches or impossible orders (10 huge cases of pop/waterbottles don't fit in the average car), and eventually get prevented from picking hours. The bright side was that customers are generally super grateful and happy to have your help, lots of elderly customers and new moms, can be super rewarding that way.
Pros
Set your own schedule, can earn bonus pay
Cons
Low pay, highly competitive, gig economy