Instacart

Instacart Employee Reviews in Lower Mainland, BC

Lower Mainland, BC1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
While I definitely enjoyed doing Instacart in the few months I was between jobs, the pay can be incredibly low most of the time (below minimum wage + expenses of driving insane distances) and tips vary wildly. You get to pick your own hours or work on-demand, and the more active/higher rated you are, the earlier you get allowed into the schedule pick. Getting hours can be very competitive in some areas, so you might need to watch the schedule page like a hawk. I really did NOT like their penalty system...I was penalized when my car broke down once, even though I called them to explain there was nothing I could do and could not reasonably continue my shift. You could accumulate penalties for refusing the low pay/high distance batches or impossible orders (10 huge cases of pop/waterbottles don't fit in the average car), and eventually get prevented from picking hours. The bright side was that customers are generally super grateful and happy to have your help, lots of elderly customers and new moms, can be super rewarding that way.
Pros
Set your own schedule, can earn bonus pay
Cons
Low pay, highly competitive, gig economy