Instacart

Instacart Employee Reviews

They hire everyone and anyone , which means people accept awful orders with awful pay because they are desperate to get an order. Pay used to be way better and quality of other shoppers used to be way better. I just recently moved and now no batches show up on my phone so I haven’t been able to work.
Pros
Own hours
Cons
Awful pay
You can pick and choose which ones you want to do. It's a great job to supliment income. For the most part you just get the order, fill it and deliver it. Easy to communicate with the customers
I cant stand the company and the management is very poor,no feeling for the employees, and employees are like disposable to the instacart company, they treat the employees with no respect .
Pros
Poor
Cons
Poor
You will be making minimum wage or less. Somedays there are barely any orders (batches) to accept, or all of the batches are under $10. Some batches are only a $7 earning which is very degrading. The only positive about this job is that you can work whenever you want.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, vehicle deterioration, limited orders, undervalued by management
I spent over a week speaking with customer service. They don’t understand their own glitches in the app. Try explaining it to them So they can fix them but they rather transfer you around their team, timing the chats out, emailing you with emails that say are no longer active. Try asking for the manager but they won’t let you speak to them. If the owner cares about their company, they should look at the team that’s running it.
Pros
App is free
Cons
It's good as an extra way to make money, flexible to your schedule but very competitive. A stressful and fast-paced environment. However, you are your own boss and you pick the type of service that best fits you
Unfortunately working with Instacart, in the beginning, was awesome, but step by step they hired a lot of shoppers so now we don't have even the minimum wage !!! it became so hard to get a good batch!! Batches now with $15 or less to shop around 20 items and travel around 30km from your place to the store which is not paid definitely, and distributed to 2 or 3 customers far with another 30km !!!! Gas, car maintenance, effort, driving, etc.... DOESN'T WORTH
I recently work with instacart...I would spend hours trying to get a batch...when I do get a batch the payment is very low...below the minimum wage...I brought a batch to the given address...the woman said she ordered nothing...by the time I went to check the address my account was deactivated so I returned the good to storeaddress given
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Good batches are hard to get and support is low for employees...you are penalized for admin mistakes
This used to be a well paying job. Since COVID so many people are now working that they dropped the wages to below minimum. Also there are bots you have to pay for to get batches. It pays so bad you don't make min wage.
I have been asked to use my Personal card when the instacart card isint working. I used it and reimbursement has become an issue. They send generic message, the receipt can not be verified, or this or that. I have gone ahead to scan the receipt, sent the order amount on my weekly payment statement. Finally they say its duplicate request, that its been paid. aresimplTerrible.
It's like Management don't listen to the complaints. I gave out my whole heart to the company, I have 5-star excellent rating, but of late, they have cut down on the pay. They don't post batches that are close to you, and they will say there are no batches close to where you live. But you go to the grocery stores near you and there are Instacart shoppers shopping! "Whom you know" Unfair!!
Work when you want, and get paid weekly! Not bad paycheques, and the company is easy enough to reach out to get support when you need it. Would definitely recommend!
Pros
Flexibility, support
Cons
Job security, advancement
My experience with Instacart was very good. I was trained well and I manage to learn a lot from this job. The management was good as well. Workplace culture was also a fun part of the job.
Was a good experience working with their dedicated team for our Halifax region, Management was just above ok, not very good, Discretion was not their at all as system used to distribute task among the work force.
pays employee less then minimum wedge, management is disaster. You work well - no appreciation. day by day they reduce payment. company just eats big commission in between. suggestion. Try to be fair
Great as a survival job. Don't expect to earn a lot but it's great for a temporary or an extra income. They used to pay fair amount of payments when I first started working in October, 2018. However, a lot of payment strategies have changed since December 10, 2018 which is way less then before.
Buen salario equitativo y competitivo comparado con mercado laboral Canadiense Falta de transparencia por parte del equipo directivo Escasez de posibilidad promocional y claridad de progreso profesional
Pros
paquete de compensacion
Cons
falta de vision de progreso a nivel individual
I tried to install their app on my iPhone and Apple says that I cannot finish installing it as it is not a trusted app until they have been verified by apple. To me this says they are sketchy at best. This makes me question thier legitimacy if they are not verified by Apple inc.