Instacart

Instacart Employee Reviews

Batches are not well compensated for but if you are looking to get out of the house it can be a fun experience. Knowing you are helping people with challenges that prevent them from going to a store to shop for themselves is rewarding so tgat is how you should look at it during COVID19
Pros
Work a few hours earn some money, can opt for instant payout or weekly pay
Cons
Not well paid for some of the deliveries. Under minimum wage, not sure how that is legal
On a typical day, one would wake up early and get ready to shop for the day. You drive all over creation and can spend hours in a single store for a single order. I like that you can choose which batches to take but with the wear and tear on the car, it's hard to keep up financially and I believe you'd break even unless if by some miracle you can scoop up a nice paying batch.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Wear and tear on vehicle
The best thing about Instacart was knowing I was helping my customer. I felt appreciated by most customers. Unfortunately, I did not feel appreciated by Instacart. I loved the flexibility but the pay is low.
If you want to work for $ 6.00 dollars an hour and drive extremely long distances between gigs this job is for you, not to mention the highly glithy app that locs up at check out, I suggest if you want poor wages and love driving go work for Doordash.
Pros
someone is making money
Cons
you will not make money not even part time.
The good you can pick your hours the bad standing for 4-6 hrs straight. The company really isn’t loyal, however you can get hours if you do the job right.
One of the benefits I've experienced from working for Instacart is ultimate flexibility. I can work just about every day of the week, from morning to the evening and from almost anywhere I drive to.
A typical day starts out with accepting orders close to me. Location is highly important and critical. In my area the prices are higher if your area doesn't offer order over $20 then go to a nearby city or to a known area with higher order values. I started this after losing my internship. I have done it for 2 months and I make 2k a month. My hourly average for the past 2 months: 1 month-18/hour 2 month 21/hour. Once you get used to working you learn the tips and tricks behind it. I also recommend watching youtube videos on how to succeed in instacart. Be sure to work 4-6 hour shifts and be quick and don't take breaks. Listening to music or podcasts helps as well or calling someone helps. MAKE SURE TO BE NICE AND COMMUNICATE WELL LEADS TO HIGHER TIPS
Pros
Good side hustle, Set your own hours, Cash-out any time
Cons
None really
-When a customer gives bad review for no reason ! Insta cart will pretty much say "tough luck" than you will see less of the bigger batches because your rating is low. You have to than get 100 batches (all being 5 to get in removed)
-I call support and 3 different reps at 3 different time gave me three different direction to get it removed but when I get to the supervisor he tell me nothing I can do about it.

- Insta cart doesn't care about there shoppers it just wants its money.

- Since they can hire everyone ! They could care less about shoppers problem.
Pros
With 5 star, Money is good!
Cons
Look at review
The job was very easy and I enjoyed shopping and serving people. It is a good in between job, but I don’t see it as profitable. Most of my money that I earned was put back into gas so I could keep working.
Pros
Go at own pace, your own supervisor, wear what you want, friendly customers
Cons
Too much competition to get orders, orders were too far from store, not a profitable job, no training on how to properly bag and deliver groceries
If you’re an independent contractor you have to make sure to keep enough aside for quarterly taxes. Also, job security is awful after the corona virus.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
No batches, no work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Instacart?
Everything about this company and job reeks of a scam. Things start out great. You have fun, get lots of jobs to choose from and make good money. Then it all quickly falls apart. In essence, everything about this job hinges on keeping a perfect 5 star rating. The catch? It’s impossible to maintain for more than a week or two of steady work because of so many fatal flaws within the design of the app. You think you’re getting a big tip and instead end up with a sub 5 star rating based on some bogus customer excuse and the tip reduced drastically. Then when your rating falls below 5 you no longer see any batches that are worth taking in the app because only those with a higher rating see them first and they are quickly gobbled up leaving you with garbage jobs that aren’t worth taking. And it gets worse, you are stuck with that rating until you complete another 100 orders. Which, obviously is next to impossible to do since you no longer see many orders that are worth the time and effort. There are other shopper platforms far better than this. Instacart punishes people who work hard and who are dedicated. This company is destined for the scrap heap.
Pros
Make your own hours, potentially decent pay, fun job
Cons
Zero support for workers, jobs are booby trapped, system is set-up for failure, company does absolutely nothing to protect its shoppers from customers exploiting the system, workers are at the mercy of an automated workplace
Unbelievable that I tapped into the app recently to resume shopping during and after this Covid Stay Home and discovered what used to be $20-$30 full service shops got reduced to $10-$13! Less than minimum wage for an hours work. I know I don't work for free.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Less than min. wage pay
there are absolutely why to many outfits restrictions for just a shopping company. The shift leaves give constant additude for inconveniences that are out of ur control.
Due to COVID, i am not making my regular salary so I thought I would try this to make some extra money. It is a great little job in the sense that you can just turn on the app when you have some time and do a few batches. I love the flexibility. That being said, you really need to see where these batches are going and look at the pay/tip breakdown. You could be driving quite a distance for little pay when you break it all down. Delivering in cities is stressful because the navigation doesn't always work correctly and when parking is difficult. Instacart will also reduce your tip if you need to refund an item that is out of stock. Even with this, as long as you don't mind food shopping, it's not too bad. My main complaint is that there is absolutely no phone support available...they offer "helpful" videos for you to watch and a chat option. I don't know about anyone else, but I am not really able to utilize a chat option while driving. There absolutely, no question about it needs to be the ability for employees to call someone if they need assistance and there is none. There have been several times that there have been issues with orders and whatnot and it is difficult and time-consuming to utilize the chat feature which involves more of our time that is unpaid.
Pros
Flexibility of hours you can work
Cons
Low pay, wear and tear on your car, Minimal support
I work as a full-service shopper. Instacart refers to full-service shoppers as independent contractors, so I am my own boss. Overall, I enjoy the job, but there are too many technical issues. The pay is good sometimes, depending on the tips, but from Instacart, it's not much at all.
Pros
tips
It gives me something to look forward to besides just sitting at home. I love this job and the way it works, I listen to peoples complaints on facebook an try to just go with it, This job gives me a purpose in life to help the other people some that don't have a way to get to the store.
Pros
work whenever, make your own hours
Cons
not having people with you in this time an age, you need to feel comfortable to do this job on your own, but some areas you wish you had someone with you.
you will be putting a ton of miles on your personal vehicle, and instacart only pays a minimum amount for mileage fro. the store to the customer...they do not pay for the miles and time it takes to get from the customer you just completed to the new job/task. the only good thing is that you can you can pick your own hours and get paid instantly after each job/task is completed. (cash out up to 5x [i believe] per day.) The In-Store shoppers are of no help and are rude. Full Service shoppers can work as many hours per week as they like, unlike in-store shoppers who only work 28 hours max. also...once you are let go/fired/terminated/etc., that is it.. you have a chance to explain yourself and plead your case, but their reply is that you broke the terms of the contract so see ya later.
Pros
work your own set hours, drive your personal vehicle.
Cons
very short breaks; rare, small tips; extensive wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
It's very bad experience they dont have their staff trained they dont know what's happening in their company.pay is very less .they even dont pay minimum wages.They only make their own profits not caring for people .They have their computers glitch and they are least bothered to fix it .some times they have account problems payment is not going through shoppers waste their time fwaiting for hours
Pros
All pros and cond
Cons
Filled with negative things
They base the batches they give you on the ratings that you have. This would be a great strategy if we were not going through a pandemic at the moment. The supermarket are still very low in stock and whenever there is not an item in the store, the customer gets upset at you and gives you a bad rating and even takes away your tips. Once they do that, if you do not have a five star rating, the people that have a higher rating than you, get the better batches way before you. The new people they just started working there, do not get rated until they reach those 50 batches. Meaning, thhat they get the better batches than us people that have been working there for over a year and have done over 1,000 batches. Extremely unfair and this is why a lot of people are leaving this business and applying somewhere else.
Pros
You get to work whenever you want.
Cons
They can care less about their employees.
They need to pay more for shoppers and allow shoppers in store to get tips. They also will punish you for trying to avoid bringing sickness.in the store by cutting your hours
Pros
Flexible
Cons
The job
All I do is go into stores and shop for people. It’s not a bad job just need something that pays more. And more hours. Have bills to pay and kids to take care of.