Instacart
Instacart Employee Review

Unfair treatment to employees

9 June 2020
I recently work with instacart...I would spend hours trying to get a batch...when I do get a batch the payment is very low...below the minimum wage...I brought a batch to the given address...the woman said she ordered nothing...by the time I went to check the address my account was deactivated so I returned the good to storeaddress given
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Good batches are hard to get and support is low for employees...you are penalized for admin mistakes
6 August 2020
Shopper (Former Employee) - British Columbia
I spent over a week speaking with customer service. They don’t understand their own glitches in the app. Try explaining it to them So they can fix them but they rather transfer you around their team, timing the chats out, emailing you with emails that say are no longer active.
Try asking for the manager but they won’t let you speak to them. If the owner cares about their company, they should look at the team that’s running it.
Pros
App is free
Cons
22 July 2020
Full-Service Shopper (Current Employee) - Durham Region, ON
It's good as an extra way to make money, flexible to your schedule but very competitive. A stressful and fast-paced environment. However, you are your own boss and you pick the type of service that best fits you
20 July 2020
shopper (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
Unfortunately working with Instacart, in the beginning, was awesome, but step by step they hired a lot of shoppers so now we don't have even the minimum wage !!! it became so hard to get a good batch!!
Batches now with $15 or less to shop around 20 items and travel around 30km from your place to the store which is not paid definitely, and distributed to 2 or 3 customers far with another 30km !!!!

Gas, car maintenance, effort, driving, etc....

DOESN'T WORTH