Instacart
Instacart Employee Review

Great for a side job

20 May 2020
Work when you want, and get paid weekly! Not bad paycheques, and the company is easy enough to reach out to get support when you need it. Would definitely recommend!
Pros
Flexibility, support
Cons
Job security, advancement
27 June 2020
All it requires is a car and a grocery list, it is so simple and you can make a ton of money from it and meet some nice regular customers too. The pay is insane if you drive a gas efficient car, I do not but I can still make tons.
Pros
Your own boss, high pay, nice customers
Cons
Gas
23 June 2020
While I definitely enjoyed doing Instacart in the few months I was between jobs, the pay can be incredibly low most of the time (below minimum wage + expenses of driving insane distances) and tips vary wildly. You get to pick your own hours or work on-demand, and the more active/higher rated you are, the earlier you get allowed into the schedule pick. Getting hours can be very competitive in some areas, so you might need to watch the schedule page like a hawk. I really did NOT like their penalty system...I was penalized when my car broke down once, even though I called them to explain there was nothing I could do and could not reasonably continue my shift. You could accumulate penalties for refusing the low pay/high distance batches or impossible orders (10 huge cases of pop/waterbottles don't fit in the average car), and eventually get prevented from picking hours. The bright side was that customers are generally super grateful and happy to have your help, lots of elderly customers and new moms, can be super rewarding that way.
Pros
Set your own schedule, can earn bonus pay
Cons
Low pay, highly competitive, gig economy
9 June 2020
I recently work with instacart...I would spend hours trying to get a batch...when I do get a batch the payment is very low...below the minimum wage...I brought a batch to the given address...the woman said she ordered nothing...by the time I went to check the address my account was deactivated so I returned the good to storeaddress given
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Good batches are hard to get and support is low for employees...you are penalized for admin mistakes