Instacart logo
Instacart

Instacart Employee Reviews

Is fun to work for

If you are looking for a full time job or making a living with it is very hard now, there is not en batches, there is to many shoppers, the app get 2 or 3 bar together with higher km snd lower pAyment. The rating system is some kind terrible, as some of the clients do not answer and if they don’t do it they should not rate the shopper. Shopper get rated wrong if he/she can’t fulfill an order and some times there is not knven in the stores.

Pros

You can work at your own time. As much or as little as you wsnt

Cons

Not enou batches to work every day a waste of time and gas in the oSrking lot

Management does help

It’s a ok company to work for, only issue I find is management doesn’t help solve a problem and when they do they they take for ever. Most of the customer service people are incompetent, they don’t read notes then they ask a question or say something when you explan somethjng a few seconds before. They also won’t step up as I find customers have too much power with what batches you get, a few tend to want free items and rate the shoppers poorly not knowing it affects them with how good of a batch the shoppers get.

Pros

Pick your own hours

Great for a side gig

You can pick and choose which ones you want to do. It's a great job to supliment income. For the most part you just get the order, fill it and deliver it. Easy to communicate with the customers

Nothing special

They hire everyone and anyone , which means people accept awful orders with awful pay because they are desperate to get an order. Pay used to be way better and quality of other shoppers used to be way better. I just recently moved and now no batches show up on my phone so I haven’t been able to work.

Pros

Own hours

Cons

Awful pay

Very bad experienced

I cant stand the company and the management is very poor,no feeling for the employees, and employees are like disposable to the instacart company, they treat the employees with no respect .

Pros

Poor

Cons

Poor

Extremely underpaid and undervalued

You will be making minimum wage or less. Somedays there are barely any orders (batches) to accept, or all of the batches are under $10. Some batches are only a $7 earning which is very degrading. The only positive about this job is that you can work whenever you want.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low pay, vehicle deterioration, limited orders, undervalued by management

Don’t bother

I spent over a week speaking with customer service. They don’t understand their own glitches in the app. Try explaining it to them So they can fix them but they rather transfer you around their team, timing the chats out, emailing you with emails that say are no longer active. Try asking for the manager but they won’t let you speak to them. If the owner cares about their company, they should look at the team that’s running it.

Pros

App is free

Cons

Shopping experience and customer service

It's good as an extra way to make money, flexible to your schedule but very competitive. A stressful and fast-paced environment. However, you are your own boss and you pick the type of service that best fits you

so frustrating !

Unfortunately working with Instacart, in the beginning, was awesome, but step by step they hired a lot of shoppers so now we don't have even the minimum wage !!! it became so hard to get a good batch!! Batches now with $15 or less to shop around 20 items and travel around 30km from your place to the store which is not paid definitely, and distributed to 2 or 3 customers far with another 30km !!!! Gas, car maintenance, effort, driving, etc.... DOESN'T WORTH

Unfair treatment to employees

I recently work with instacart...I would spend hours trying to get a batch...when I do get a batch the payment is very low...below the minimum wage...I brought a batch to the given address...the woman said she ordered nothing...by the time I went to check the address my account was deactivated so I returned the good to storeaddress given

Pros

Choose your own hours

Cons

Good batches are hard to get and support is low for employees...you are penalized for admin mistakes

Jobs at Instacart

See more jobs

Started great

This used to be a well paying job. Since COVID so many people are now working that they dropped the wages to below minimum. Also there are bots you have to pay for to get batches. It pays so bad you don't make min wage.

Reimbursement

I have been asked to use my Personal card when the instacart card isint working. I used it and reimbursement has become an issue. They send generic message, the receipt can not be verified, or this or that. I have gone ahead to scan the receipt, sent the order amount on my weekly payment statement. Finally they say its duplicate request, that its been paid. aresimplTerrible.

The company is bad

It's like Management don't listen to the complaints. I gave out my whole heart to the company, I have 5-star excellent rating, but of late, they have cut down on the pay. They don't post batches that are close to you, and they will say there are no batches close to where you live. But you go to the grocery stores near you and there are Instacart shoppers shopping! "Whom you know" Unfair!!

Great for a side job

Work when you want, and get paid weekly! Not bad paycheques, and the company is easy enough to reach out to get support when you need it. Would definitely recommend!

Pros

Flexibility, support

Cons

Job security, advancement

Great Environment

My experience with Instacart was very good. I was trained well and I manage to learn a lot from this job. The management was good as well. Workplace culture was also a fun part of the job.

Was a good experience

Was a good experience working with their dedicated team for our Halifax region, Management was just above ok, not very good, Discretion was not their at all as system used to distribute task among the work force.

it is rip off company

pays employee less then minimum wedge, management is disaster. You work well - no appreciation. day by day they reduce payment. company just eats big commission in between. suggestion. Try to be fair

Very fixable working hours

Great as a survival job. Don't expect to earn a lot but it's great for a temporary or an extra income. They used to pay fair amount of payments when I first started working in October, 2018. However, a lot of payment strategies have changed since December 10, 2018 which is way less then before.

Compensacion competitiva con pobre gestion & comunicacion

Buen salario equitativo y competitivo comparado con mercado laboral Canadiense Falta de transparencia por parte del equipo directivo Escasez de posibilidad promocional y claridad de progreso profesional

Pros

paquete de compensacion

Cons

falta de vision de progreso a nivel individual

iPhone doesn’t support app

I tried to install their app on my iPhone and Apple says that I cannot finish installing it as it is not a trusted app until they have been verified by apple. To me this says they are sketchy at best. This makes me question thier legitimacy if they are not verified by Apple inc.