Instacart Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Stay Away
Shopper (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 March 2018
If you are a shopper for this company, stay away!
There are a lot other mystery shopping and food delivery companies that is MUCH more pay than this.

I worked for 3 months and I realized this company now has the WORST payout in the history of all the delivery company I know.

Stay away, it is not worth it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low Pay
Good experience in Customer Service
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  BC., Canada16 March 2018
Can pick your hours and zone that is convenient for you. Good experience for store shopping and pick of replacements item of not available

Good to improve navigation skills and app software.
Pros
Free Launchers
Cons
No benifits and hourly rate
Not worth your time
shopper (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON27 February 2018
it took forever to set up the app, get the card in the mail and have my background check go through.

Just to realize they want me to deliver groceries North York ... I'm still not sure how 'getting hours' works on the app.
Overall it’s an ok job but very inconsistent fighting for hours
Shopper / delivery/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto west, Mississauga, Oakville5 February 2018
I love working for this company but the hours are inconsistent because the way they have it set up we have beat other drivers to the hours we want and the areas we want to work. I enjoy meeting new people every day. I also try to help to the best of my knowledge.
Pros
We’re able to set our own hours
Cons
It’s very inconsistent.
Good work for moms
full service shopper (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON9 January 2018
I was going to rate at 5 stars, but today I had unpleasant issue that I hadn't before. Usually my phone starts to beep when you have the order, but today Instacart send notification that I am out of zone and I have to drive to working zone location so I did. It took me half an hour to drive there and guess what? I had to seat in my car and wait for order to come for several hours! So I spend all my schedule in a car with NO orders! Now question: who is going to pay for my gas and parts for my car? Plus they didn't count half an hour that I was driving!!! In general there's more issues like:
- hard to find the right product, especially if it is ethnic product that you never seen before, but probably with the time you will get it.
- some app issues happens from time to time.
- sometimes you need to contact with help center urgently and there's no hot lines so you have to send a message and wait for couple days them to contact you back. So you going back and forth, back and forth...
- you have to work on time. If you are facing with difficult client who is taking your time by texting you back and forth because they are changing their mind regarding their order you will run out of time and your rating at Instacart will be lower so next time you won't be able to get more hours and so on.
Pros
flexible hours and easy to schedule.
Cons
poor or no tips, salary wish to be higher (they pay less than minimum wage), most of the times you have to carry heavy bags, sometimes it is hard to find the customers location, some places don't have parking or paid parking, gas and parts for your car on your own expences.