Instacart
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Instacart Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
The company is bad
It's like Management don't listen to the complaints. I gave out my whole heart to the company, I have 5-star excellent rating, but of late, they have cut down on the pay. They don't post batches that are close to you, and they will say there are no batches close to where you live.
But you go to the grocery stores near you and there are Instacart shoppers shopping! "Whom you know" Unfair!!
Great for a side job
Work when you want, and get paid weekly! Not bad paycheques, and the company is easy enough to reach out to get support when you need it. Would definitely recommend!
Pros
Flexibility, support
Cons
Job security, advancement
Instacart shopper
I started working with instacart as of Feb 2020 as a store shopper and delivery. Their pay structure is not transparent and they started to pay less for big batches. You would see $7 payout for 30 items and you still have to wait for 30mins in the cold weather at the store lineup. They didn’t give the shoppers who are the front line of the business during the covid-19 better pay instead they reduce the pay and they didn’t send out any protective equipment like masks and gloves.
Pros
Make your own hours but there are no batches because of the surplus of shoppers
Cons
Pay is terrible
Great Environment
My experience with Instacart was very good. I was trained well and I manage to learn a lot from this job. The management was good as well. Workplace culture was also a fun part of the job.
Was a good experience
Was a good experience working with their dedicated team for our Halifax region, Management was just above ok, not very good, Discretion was not their at all as system used to distribute task among the work force.
it is rip off company
pays employee less then minimum wedge, management is disaster.
You work well - no appreciation. day by day they reduce payment.

company just eats big commission in between.

suggestion.

Try to be fair
Very fixable working hours
Great as a survival job. Don't expect to earn a lot but it's great for a temporary or an extra income. They used to pay fair amount of payments when I first started working in October, 2018. However, a lot of payment strategies have changed since December 10, 2018 which is way less then before.
Compensacion competitiva con pobre gestion & comunicacion
Buen salario equitativo y competitivo comparado con mercado laboral Canadiense
Falta de transparencia por parte del equipo directivo

Escasez de posibilidad promocional y claridad de progreso profesional
Pros
paquete de compensacion
Cons
falta de vision de progreso a nivel individual
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Instacart?
iPhone doesn’t support app
I tried to install their app on my iPhone and Apple says that I cannot finish installing it as it is not a trusted app until they have been verified by apple. To me this says they are sketchy at best. This makes me question thier legitimacy if they are not verified by Apple inc.