Instacart

Instacart Employee Reviews

I really liked instacart at first but as I worked longer and longer the issues with this company and app started to really get to me. First of all, the rating system for work. Its all good until some random gives you a 1 star for no reason and no explanation then you spend hours on the app trying to not get dropped by support. Everyday they tell you something different and every support specialist handles you differently and does more or less depending on who you get. They told us months ago customers could not leave below 5 stars without an explanation but here we are months later and still this has not happened.
Pros
Make Money, Flexible
Cons
Stress, No support, High mileage on your vehicle, very monotonous, company only cares about money so your just a number
Excellent place to work for people who: like to work alone, prefer not to deal with lots of customers, like to drive/deliver and like to shop! I suggest this job to anyone I know who needs a little (or a lot depending on how much you work) extra cash! It's amazing for an extra job on the side to pick up a few orders, or work 20 hours a week like me and rely on it for my income! I love doing it!
Pros
Freelance, customers appreciate your work, not working with lots of people in the public, feels good to help those who cannot get their own groceries, like shopping but you get paid for it!, you can wear whatever you'd like and even listen to music, after a while you become familiar with the store workers and they will become more friendly with you, excellent employee services/chat help - they basically have a solution to every problem
Cons
Hard to get batches over certain amounts because some workers have "batch stealing bots", some days are not as busy so less money can be made, can get lonely with no coworkers!
Well since Instacart has been in Canada for almost 3 years it has gone downhill in the way they pay the independent contractor. I am not even able to get any decent orders anymore and yet I should be seniority as opposed to new people just signing on to do the work. They’ve added more stores but took away the quality bonus. I am now having to go out and apply for other jobs to make the income that I used to make with Instacart. Very very sad as I loved doing the job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay on orders or no orders when star rating is low
I signed up for Instacart about a year ago, at first my area was not busy at all, therefore I wasn’t making money and stopped. Since Covid everyone in my area has been doing online groceries so I started about a month ago and it’s busy all day everyday. The pay is what you want it to be, work longer, pick up batches that benefit you, amount, distance and product knowledge and location are key.
Pros
Working on your own time, A lot of customers tip well
Cons
Delivering to apartments and industrial areas
I recently became a shopper with insta cart and my first order was a batch order of 3 orders. I had paid almost 600 dollars from my pocket as the google pay did not wrk. The help line told me submit the receipt for reimbursement which I did. I got paid only for one order of $224.00 but remaining 2 orders they have been constantly declining and declined with reason like unable to verify. No phone number and no live person can call u. This is horrendous and I have lost 280 dollars of my money. This is the greatest mistake of my.life. Please do not join Insta cart and never pay from ur pocket they will never give the money.
I was hired on as an in-store shopper in February before the pandemic hit, this seemed like a fantastic job for me as a full time studdnt - the company promised that you would be in full control of your schedule and you could work as much or as little as you wanted. There were big errors in the company, you were unable to go-to the washroom during your shift. Management happened remotely so most problems would have to be solved by you. And each action you did was fined. They poached the full time employee from our in store shopping team to become management, she began to breath down everyone's neck and refer to us as robot's. I was ready to look past this poor management when an email was released stating we had to give a MINIMUM of 20 hours a week availability with 12 of those hours falling in Saturday, Sunday or Monday. They told us this on August 25th , after I had selected back to back Monday classes for my school semester. When I brought this up to management they asked me to resign. Terrible company that does not respect humans lol. Don't work here
Pros
Can't think of one.
Cons
You are apart of an algorithm
I spent over a week speaking with customer service. They don’t understand their own glitches in the app. Try explaining it to them So they can fix them but they rather transfer you around their team, timing the chats out, emailing you with emails that say are no longer active. Try asking for the manager but they won’t let you speak to them. If the owner cares about their company, they should look at the team that’s running it.
Pros
App is free
Cons
It's good as an extra way to make money, flexible to your schedule but very competitive. A stressful and fast-paced environment. However, you are your own boss and you pick the type of service that best fits you
Unfortunately working with Instacart, in the beginning, was awesome, but step by step they hired a lot of shoppers so now we don't have even the minimum wage !!! it became so hard to get a good batch!! Batches now with $15 or less to shop around 20 items and travel around 30km from your place to the store which is not paid definitely, and distributed to 2 or 3 customers far with another 30km !!!! Gas, car maintenance, effort, driving, etc.... DOESN'T WORTH
I recently work with instacart...I would spend hours trying to get a batch...when I do get a batch the payment is very low...below the minimum wage...I brought a batch to the given address...the woman said she ordered nothing...by the time I went to check the address my account was deactivated so I returned the good to storeaddress given
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Good batches are hard to get and support is low for employees...you are penalized for admin mistakes
This used to be a well paying job. Since COVID so many people are now working that they dropped the wages to below minimum. Also there are bots you have to pay for to get batches. It pays so bad you don't make min wage.
I have been asked to use my Personal card when the instacart card isint working. I used it and reimbursement has become an issue. They send generic message, the receipt can not be verified, or this or that. I have gone ahead to scan the receipt, sent the order amount on my weekly payment statement. Finally they say its duplicate request, that its been paid. aresimplTerrible.
It's like Management don't listen to the complaints. I gave out my whole heart to the company, I have 5-star excellent rating, but of late, they have cut down on the pay. They don't post batches that are close to you, and they will say there are no batches close to where you live. But you go to the grocery stores near you and there are Instacart shoppers shopping! "Whom you know" Unfair!!
Work when you want, and get paid weekly! Not bad paycheques, and the company is easy enough to reach out to get support when you need it. Would definitely recommend!
Pros
Flexibility, support
Cons
Job security, advancement
My experience with Instacart was very good. I was trained well and I manage to learn a lot from this job. The management was good as well. Workplace culture was also a fun part of the job.
Was a good experience working with their dedicated team for our Halifax region, Management was just above ok, not very good, Discretion was not their at all as system used to distribute task among the work force.
pays employee less then minimum wedge, management is disaster. You work well - no appreciation. day by day they reduce payment. company just eats big commission in between. suggestion. Try to be fair
Great as a survival job. Don't expect to earn a lot but it's great for a temporary or an extra income. They used to pay fair amount of payments when I first started working in October, 2018. However, a lot of payment strategies have changed since December 10, 2018 which is way less then before.
Buen salario equitativo y competitivo comparado con mercado laboral Canadiense Falta de transparencia por parte del equipo directivo Escasez de posibilidad promocional y claridad de progreso profesional
Pros
paquete de compensacion
Cons
falta de vision de progreso a nivel individual
I tried to install their app on my iPhone and Apple says that I cannot finish installing it as it is not a trusted app until they have been verified by apple. To me this says they are sketchy at best. This makes me question thier legitimacy if they are not verified by Apple inc.