Instacart Shoppers logo
Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews

Found 94 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,600 reviews

Underpaid

Based on my experience, for a $20 worth of order without a tip, you will pick up 20 items or more, I spent two hours to get it done. Meaning $10bucks an hour, what about my gasoline, lucky if there’s a tip then it will make it even.

Pros

Work on your own time

Cons

Big tips, max earning $200 for 10hrs

Don't bother!

They are oversaturating the market with drivers when there are no customers. Unless you live in downtown Toronto, it isn't worth it. Durham Region has no available jobs as I am waitlisted at number 20 all the time. You need to have enough drivers, but not to have 20 of us sitting around doing nothing!

Pros

Seemed like a good idea at the time

Cons

No hours!

A Great Side-Gig

I have a full time job and instacart after work and on weekends. If you don't mind doing people's groceries a good job. I accept all orders and make between $16-22 per hour before taxes and vehicle maintenance. If you are into stats based games you may enjoy the experience. You work on a timer, and orders have to get done before the expiry time. Think about it like timed quests for money. Your performance is rated through a number or metrics and the app gives you feedback. This is great if you are doing well, but pretty disheartening when you aren't. The whole system is automated so don't be surprised to find a robot is writing you up for Customers can be a bit picky, and sometimes it gets stressful when there's some item you haven't heard of and the clock is running out, but overall not the scam everyone seems to be saying.

Pros

Easy to use app, good process flow.

Cons

Vehicle maintenance cut into profits

Instacart is the worst Scam

Instacart will force you to work for less than minimum wage. They have terrible CS and the force CS agents to lie. You will earn less money and lose money while working with this company. Stay away!

Pros

You get hired

Cons

You get sucked in

Awful

Very awful job. No hours. App is ok. Customer service is ok. They 'help' you by being so nice on the phone but they never really helped. I asked for a new card, the person i was talking to said ok they will send one asap. Then weeks after I called again because I never got a new card. They said nobody ordered one for me. LIke wow.. Also the reason why I asked for a new card is because, when I was about to pay at the counter, my card got declined because apparently the card that I have is for someone else's card. ?? I was mad. I was on the phone for 45 mins. No shifts as well. Once they offered me one shift on a Saturday and it was like 1 hour away from me. So i didn't take it. Then they never gave me shifts anymore even though I am always picking up hours.

Pros

nothing really

Cons

everything too bad

Better than inabuggy 100 percent

I was doing inabuggy for about 6 months and getting paid okay butt they didn't really have a lot of customers and some times the pay did not come on time and they had very little support for their shoppers. Instacart thas been so much better. i always get paid every week same time and if i have any issues there is support right in the app.

Pros

best grocery shopping job

Cons

unsure about career progress long term

A really easy job to make good money

This gig is defenately my preference vs sitting in my car all day doing uber. With instacart you get to do some customer service work and be more active, and the pay is pretty good (about 600 per week) if you put in a decent but not overly large amount of time. The app is really good and makes shopping like a game. And there are lots of other shoppers who you can learn from.

Pros

fun, goood work

Cons

use your own gas and data plan

Good luck getting any hours

I tried it. Could never get any hours. The hours from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. were always taken. There were always 4 - 12 people waitlisted for the hours. With that many people ahead of you you can't get anything. Tried several times to get a contact in Ottawa to actually talk to someone. Was never able to. They deleted me because I wasn't doing anything. But there was never anything available to fit my schedule.

Pros

Can fit job to your own schedule

Cons

Couldn't get hours

Not Reliable

My sincere advise, please don’t join to the shopper. Helpless staff. While you start your shift, they ask for cancel your shift because of slow. In fact it always slow. ***NOT RECOMMENDED***

Horrable

Terrible company to work with. Decreases payments as you work with them. Doesn't care about the safety of the people who work with them. It's all about the bottom buck and NOTHING else.

Pros

Cons

Everything!

Jobs at Instacart Shoppers

See more jobs

Instacart canada

Instacart ig great but the driving is too long and customers are very demanding.i literally start work after school 4-11 pm hours are flexible. and on the weekend I work all day

Pros

no lunches

Cons

long hour

dont do it!

many times i did shifts where there was not even one order. very wasteful of time. would not recommend as a job as it actually lost me money in driving and waiting for an order

Cons

no customers

15 May 2019
Hope you'll give shopping another try. You can actually be anywhere within your zone to start your shift, so you don't need to head to any store before you receive a batch!

Like being paid to shop

Overall I have liked working for Instacart. I like how flexible it is to work but the work load to how much we get paid is unreasonable. I also think that top performs should be given an opportunity to advance with the company but management makes no effort in this regards which is disappointing.

Pros

You get paid weekly

Cons

It gets slow, time is wasted and the batches are low in pay not worth taking

21 March 2019
As we continue to grow we're excited about more and more opportunities for Full Service Shoppers to grow their careers at Instacart! We'll continue to let all our Shoppers know about opportunities as they arise.

Flexible and great pay!

I have been an Instacart Shopper for about 5 months. In that time I have come to enjoy the very flexible hours (pick when you want to work), the great pay ($25-35 an hour on a slow day and $45-55 an hour on a busy day). I love being my own boss. Deciding what hours I want to do and how busy I want to be. I have kids and being able to work around them and provide for them is great. Instacart has been a fantastic choice for me (yes I was once as sceptical as you are now). Take a chance what do you have to loss. http://inst.cr/t/z5Lqen5bB

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Slow days

Cool app gives customers time back

It's nice to help families with their groceries and meet a lot of the people that you're helping in the community, including families and the elderly.

Pros

Helping community, independence, flexibility

Cons

Limited benefits

Silly Pay

Extremely low pay. I don't expect to make as much as a trades person but I should be making more than min wage ...no? Stick around the zone and wait 3 hours to get some fat basement dweller to ask for no name brand processed foods and give you a poor tip. Avoid it unless you like burning you gas to make $20/day if that much

Pros

No boss

Cons

Everything else

slow moving for a delivery company

Takes forever to get on board to make less than minimum . waste of time, hard to deal with company, no one seems to know what they are doing they move slower than snails

Pros

Cons

everything about them is confusing, no contact person, takes for ever to board

21 March 2019
Sorry to hear you haven't had a great experience. If you're experiencing any issues with onboarding or shopping we're here to help. Please email us at shoppers@instacart.com. We've also introduced in-app support!

Awful Experience

A typical day at work you select your hours in days that you are available then you have 6 hours to cancel your hours otherwise you get reliability incident which damage your reputation

Pros

nothing good about this company

Cons

Longer application process, unfair pay

21 March 2019
We're starting to get very busy in Regina. If your experience was a bit slow around launch then feel free to schedule some hours and see what's changed!

Unfortunately shoppers won’t last longer if this new payment continues to be in place

Worse than worst experience. The new payment system is awful and unfair. The refferal claims huge amount and end of the day you get get the amount that doesn’t even worth truffles box. This ain’t worth reffering. Loads other apps are much better try ‘em. I quit and spread the word for others betterment too. You can earn way better on uber, uber eats, lyft etc..

Pros

Lamentably None

Cons

Everything...

The old structure to pay was way better, the structure is awful, you don’t make money, Instacart offers very flexible hours but the pay is not good. Aalso the zones are not clear . For Example: I’m zone to work in Brampton Ontario and the only Wal-mart is in Mississauga and the delivery is back in Brampton for a $10.00 batch. Over a half of hour drive.

Pros

Good work hours

Great pay and fun job

Started as a shopper after seeing the posting on indeed. Found the payments to be very good for the amount of time and effort involved. Some customers tip very well, which makes a big difference. And it gets me out of my car and on my feet.

Pros

Active, Fun, Flexible

Cons

Use your own car and phhone

21 March 2019
Great to hear you're enjoying the experience, and getting your steps in along the way!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8