Instacart Shoppers logo
Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews

Found 94 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,600 reviews

Underpaid

Based on my experience, for a $20 worth of order without a tip, you will pick up 20 items or more, I spent two hours to get it done. Meaning $10bucks an hour, what about my gasoline, lucky if there’s a tip then it will make it even.

Pros

Work on your own time

Cons

Big tips, max earning $200 for 10hrs

Make less than the legal minimum wage

Worked for 3 hours made $25 no including gas and expenses and taxes. It shouldn’t even be legal. Pay is well below the minimum wage that’s including tips. Without tips it would be even worse. It should be illegal what they’re getting away with. Not paying there employees fair.

Bad earnings

This company charge customer allot, but the don’t pay there shoppers enough. You need to work 7 days a week 10 hours a day to make a living. This company use your assets (car) to make money. And they pay you penny.

Working for Instacart

I enjoyed working with instacart it is great getting paid once a week and the rate of pay for the hours put in is great there support staff is easy to work with also.

Terrible work scheduling

Just a few weeks ago they changed the way the program worked. Prior to the change they would send out shift hours and you would chose which worked for you and as you completed your shifts you would get more seniority. Now the shifts have changed and instead of it being made by specific shifts, they randomly send you orders and if you don't accept them then you are put on like a "black list" and you never have the chance to complete any orders, unless every single person ahead of you says no to the order (which can be dozens) and even so its sent out randomly. I find this ridiculous because this is suppose to be a chance at earning some additional money not a steady job and if once you deny an order they put you on this black list then you never have the chance of earring that additional cash. They should simply hire people for permanent positions or release the order for absolutely everyone in the area and whoever is the first to answer gets the order.

Good When You Can Get Enough Orders

I've worked instacart full time for about 3 months now and I've decided to move on simply due to unreliability of hours. $60 for an hour's work is nice but It's hard to guarantee enough hours to live. Great money as a side gig or for a student if you can swing the good orders. I'll definitely continue working orders occasionally when I get another full time gig.

Pros

Freedom to work when you please

Cons

Inconsistent Frequency of Hours

Great job

This is a great job very independent work when you want you can take on as much or as little only complaint is customer cannot recommend you personally lots of long driving distances with no pay gas to earnings sometime not the best overall a great job easy to do

Picking your own hours is great

Time frames are sometimes not long enough to complete the order, driving distances are sometimes to far for too little money. I wish I could respond to some of the customer complaints because some of them bold face lie.

Great for when you need cash fast

I use Instacart to supplement my family's income. Work isn't always guaranteed. There are slow times. Pay isn't great, it ranges from $7 to up to $75 per job, but the larger paying jobs are rare. If you're able to commit and like to shop and drive you could make a decent amount of money. Not great if you don't have a fuel efficient vehicle. You'd end up spending more on gas than you're earning.

It's What You Make of It

I didn't expect this to be a high paying job so I wasn't disappointed. However, it can be a decently paying job if you if you work fast and manage yourself in an efficient matter. I am able to make above minimum wage. I would say $16-$18 an hour. People will complain that there are no hours, but if you pick up hours at the right time (you will have to research the best time) then hours are not an issue. Overall a decent job.

Jobs at Instacart Shoppers

See more jobs

Very fast paced, have to be fast in every aspect for this job

Typical day at work is hectic, if you want to earn good. A good customer service is needed. Management is ok to work with. Hardest is to get work done from customer care person at a fast pace. They are really slow. you can earn as much as you want if yo are working in a good area.

Just trouble

They under pay per job. They treat employees like garbage. They only good thing is your own boss but it’s not worth working for them. The most a week I made it’s barely $300.00 and that’s beyond 40 hours a week

Very good would recommend

You get to pick your own hours, how often u want to work and if you work often enough it can be better then a minimum wage full time job. Super flexible,casual and honestly fun! I was nervous at first but am soooo glad that I went through with it! I made $200 in 2 days only working 3 hours a day that’s very good if I ask me:) good luck!

Instacart works hard to line CEO pockets on backs of Shoppers

Since starting with Instacart they have made multiple changes to Shoppers earnings making it so we barely make enough to survive while they make big bucks including taking away bonuses, lowering per order payments and lowering the minimum tip amount customers are to pay as well as allowing customers to cancel tips once orders are shopped and delivered regardless of great quality of service

Extremely disappointed

Signed up for Instacart last week and I still haven't had one single job. There seems to be some sort of trick to getting hours. Not able to contact anyone either. The app won't let you speak with a live company rep. I thought this would be a fun part time job. But...there seems to be something less than genuine going on with the hours. Personally, I do not want to scratch and claw with countless others for a few measly jobs- if they didn't have work in my area- why didn't they say so? Be honest! Be genuine! Or may the wrath of the Better Business Bureau and the Labor Board come down upon you!

you pay more for gas

They don't pay for travel or insurance. you wait for jobs and they aren't guaranteed work. customer service is hard to work along side with and often their application would crash. timing is important but they don't count for real world timing of what it is like to shop in a busy store.

Horrible$! Do not do it

Their claim in 740 a week is ludicrous!!i worked hard and actually cared about my work and customer feedback... yet the company still screwed me when I went on vacation....i had a 4.96 customer satisfaction rating out of 5 and almost always got a five star rating because i went above and beyond. This company has something called early access which gives you first choice and to choose hours. If you are not on it at the exact minute nothing left for you to get. ... I kept early access by working a minimum of 25 hours over a three week period. When i went on vacation for 2 weeks it wouldn’t let me block off the week even though the rep said it would be fine and all would be good. EVEN with early access you will MAX make 130 a day but that’s if you work a 12 hour day... you do the math. This company is a joke. Not only am I going to tell everybody I know that it is completely horrible and not worth it but they do not value people who actually care enough about the customers like myself. The time limits are completely unrealistic and the customer support staff is a joke. They were all outsourced and had no training.. so if you had an issue good luck finding anybody useful to help. For example one day my i accidentally delivered when the delivery was not complete, and i called right away to ask them to give the address info and it literally took the rep 15 minutes to find the address; all the while the groceries were melting. Do yourself a favour and don’t out yourself through this .... You will make less than minimum wage... oh and that’s on a good Day. This company will not -

Pros

Cons

Stress, no reward for effort, horrible pay, horrible customer service

Treat you like an employee but without the “perks”

Used to be a great company. Drastically cut pay by over 50%. App had many glitches, we get penalized for not accepting “batches” even though the app isn’t functioning.

Pros

Cons

Bad pay

Great hours

Its great to be able to chose shifts and work the exact amount of hour I can spare. It taught me great time management skills as i had to complete my deliveries in a specified time span.

It's what you make of it.

Uber Eats meets click and collect. Great part time job for me, enjoy the flexibility, independence and constant feedback of the App. Paid by the order rather than hour means income is variable.

irregular hours, overall under minimum wage hours

with insta cart you are on an independent contract which allows them to pay you under minimum wage. irregular hours and while on shift you arent paid hourly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8