Instacart Shoppers
Coronavirus update
Information from Instacart Shoppers:

Instacart Shoppers Pay & benefits reviews

Canada61 reviews
I did register as a shopper, hoping to earn a few extra dollars. But so far it has been disappointing.
Rate of pay is quite low - 2 hrs work earning less than $30.
While the job itself is easy it seems like a lot of hassle for the money.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
low pay with little support
I compliant to Instacart management about the extremely low pay and low rewards for using my car. Instacart ignored the issues of their shoppers and instead constantly advertise for more drivers. Instacart only care about making money using drivers for their business instead of treating shoppers with respect.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Extremely low pay. Waste of gas and time
Okay when the system is down they tell you that they will not pay the tip since the tip was unassigned. Should the shopper struggle because hoping to be tipped and not be paid? Can’t instacart correct this than them telling you sorry we can’t pay the full amount? Please don’t rob the struggling shopper or don’t post the tip if it’s not a guarantee.
no body cares if you do good or bad, there is no priority for experience shopper. they will keep introducing new shoppers in your area until to the point of saturation where they dont have to give you extra incentive to work both in value per batch or number of order to choose from. there is always bottom feeders taking order with ZERO tips and ZERO boost...

the more shoppers the less they pay; the more delivery per batch the less they pay.

the shopper's app are full of bugs. server error 500 / 502 are not uncommon, it might last for mins or hours while you are working. address might not be accurate so as pay. some support staff are great but most dont care... just too much. let me know if you disagree...

ohhh....for 17-22 per hour as a contractor???
no other benefit, use your own car, fuel, no insurance for you nor your vehicle equals to below minimum wage...but bottom feeders will always do it for 8-14 per hour or less...
Worked for 3 hours made $25 no including gas and expenses and taxes. It shouldn’t even be legal. Pay is well below the minimum wage that’s including tips. Without tips it would be even worse. It should be illegal what they’re getting away with. Not paying there employees fair.
This company charge customer allot, but the don’t pay there shoppers enough.

You need to work 7 days a week 10 hours a day to make a living. This company use your assets (car) to make money. And they pay you penny.
I enjoyed working with instacart it is great getting paid once a week and the rate of pay for the hours put in is great there support staff is easy to work with also.
I've worked instacart full time for about 3 months now and I've decided to move on simply due to unreliability of hours. $60 for an hour's work is nice but It's hard to guarantee enough hours to live. Great money as a side gig or for a student if you can swing the good orders. I'll definitely continue working orders occasionally when I get another full time gig.
Pros
Freedom to work when you please
Cons
Inconsistent Frequency of Hours
This is a great job
very independent work when you want

you can take on as much or as little

only complaint is customer cannot recommend you personally

lots of long driving distances with no pay
gas to earnings sometime not the best
overall a great job easy to do
I use Instacart to supplement my family's income. Work isn't always guaranteed. There are slow times. Pay isn't great, it ranges from $7 to up to $75 per job, but the larger paying jobs are rare. If you're able to commit and like to shop and drive you could make a decent amount of money.

Not great if you don't have a fuel efficient vehicle. You'd end up spending more on gas than you're earning.
I didn't expect this to be a high paying job so I wasn't disappointed. However, it can be a decently paying job if you if you work fast and manage yourself in an efficient matter. I am able to make above minimum wage. I would say $16-$18 an hour.

People will complain that there are no hours, but if you pick up hours at the right time (you will have to research the best time) then hours are not an issue.

Overall a decent job.
They under pay per job. They treat employees like garbage. They only good thing is your own boss but it’s not worth working for them. The most a week I made it’s barely $300.00 and that’s beyond 40 hours a week
You get to pick your own hours, how often u want to work and if you work often enough it can be better then a minimum wage full time job. Super flexible,casual and honestly fun! I was nervous at first but am soooo glad that I went through with it! I made $200 in 2 days only working 3 hours a day that’s very good if I ask me:) good luck!
Since starting with Instacart they have made multiple changes to Shoppers earnings making it so we barely make enough to survive while they make big bucks including taking away bonuses, lowering per order payments and lowering the minimum tip amount customers are to pay as well as allowing customers to cancel tips once orders are shopped and delivered regardless of great quality of service
They don't pay for travel or insurance. you wait for jobs and they aren't guaranteed work. customer service is hard to work along side with and often their application would crash. timing is important but they don't count for real world timing of what it is like to shop in a busy store.
Used to be a great company. Drastically cut pay by over 50%. App had many glitches, we get penalized for not accepting “batches” even though the app isn’t functioning.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay
with insta cart you are on an independent contract which allows them to pay you under minimum wage. irregular hours and while on shift you arent paid hourly.
They are oversaturating the market with drivers when there are no customers. Unless you live in downtown Toronto, it isn't worth it. Durham Region has no available jobs as I am waitlisted at number 20 all the time. You need to have enough drivers, but not to have 20 of us sitting around doing nothing!
Pros
Seemed like a good idea at the time
Cons
No hours!
I have a full time job and instacart after work and on weekends. If you don't mind doing people's groceries a good job. I accept all orders and make between $16-22 per hour before taxes and vehicle maintenance.

If you are into stats based games you may enjoy the experience. You work on a timer, and orders have to get done before the expiry time. Think about it like timed quests for money.

Your performance is rated through a number or metrics and the app gives you feedback. This is great if you are doing well, but pretty disheartening when you aren't. The whole system is automated so don't be surprised to find a robot is writing you up for

Customers can be a bit picky, and sometimes it gets stressful when there's some item you haven't heard of and the clock is running out, but overall not the scam everyone seems to be saying.
Pros
Easy to use app, good process flow.
Cons
Vehicle maintenance cut into profits
Instacart will force you to work for less than minimum wage. They have terrible CS and the force CS agents to lie. You will earn less money and lose money while working with this company. Stay away!
Pros
You get hired
Cons
You get sucked in
I was doing inabuggy for about 6 months and getting paid okay butt they didn't really have a lot of customers and some times the pay did not come on time and they had very little support for their shoppers. Instacart thas been so much better. i always get paid every week same time and if i have any issues there is support right in the app.
Pros
best grocery shopping job
Cons
unsure about career progress long term
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7