Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Management reviews

Clear

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,830 reviews

Nothing special

They hire everyone and anyone , which means people accept awful orders with awful pay because they are desperate to get an order. Pay used to be way better and quality of other shoppers used to be way better. I just recently moved and now no batches show up on my phone so I haven’t been able to work.

Pros

Own hours

Cons

Awful pay

Working for less than minimum wage

Pay structure used to be great. Now the pay is less thank minimum wage and they change it without notice. You are Using your own vehicle and the driving distances with the double and triple orders are ridiculous. Lots of wear and tear on your vehicle. I used to love working as an Independent contractor because of the flexibility. Now you are heavily dependent on the generosity from customers tips to earn anything decent. No longer sustainable as a full time gig. Eg. Instacart pays $10 to drive to the store, shop for 50+ items and then deliver to the customer. This can take 1.5 hours depending on the customers location and your proximity to the store. They no longer pay for kilometres. The new CEO is pushing this company into the ground and it’s being felt by both shoppers and customers alike. This job is for the desperate and they know that and fully take advantage.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Long hours for less than min wage

This company can't last

There is no way a company run like this can survive. The only people making money are the stores and the CEO of Instacart. It's one of the worst things I've ever done in life.

Pros

Cons

everything

An addiction, not a job

Constantly stressing about ratings. Unfair access to loads are based on the rating system. You have to be glued to your phone for hours to catch a good order. Once you do start getting good orders, you get addicted and it's very hard to stop for the day. The company does not care about its workers at all. We are an expendable commodity to them, and any feedback we give is ignored at best. Instacart only cares about profits.Do not fall into this trap unless you are truly desperate for income.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, addictive work, metrics reduce income, apathetic corporation

Poor Communication

They never care what you think. The only thing they care is setting barriers for you! You cannot get any help from the service support. They didn’t nothing but waste your time.

Pros

Earn some money

Cons

worst company ever to work with

no matter how good you are, you are paid under minimum wedge, no benifits of doing work, they have hired so many people - you do not get even sufficient shift, management is greedy

Stressful place

They don’t care about a people who work for this company no good communication and they didn’t do a investigation about some of the clients that lied about to non received their groceries they are preferred to get that for free and instatcart can deactivated your account easily don’t even try to do a good communication with you.They are treated people with no value.I never recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Cons

Longue hour

Extremely underpaid and undervalued

You will be making minimum wage or less. Somedays there are barely any orders (batches) to accept, or all of the batches are under $10. Some batches are only a $7 earning which is very degrading. The only positive about this job is that you can work whenever you want.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Low pay, vehicle deterioration, limited orders, undervalued by management

Nightmare

People lie to get free groceries and Instacart punishes for it, allowing low ratings that cut your income. They don’t respect shoppers, or value your work.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Everything. Hard work. Low payment. Your work won’t be value by the company.

In Store Shopper

I was hired on as an in-store shopper in February before the pandemic hit, this seemed like a fantastic job for me as a full time studdnt - the company promised that you would be in full control of your schedule and you could work as much or as little as you wanted. There were big errors in the company, you were unable to go-to the washroom during your shift. Management happened remotely so most problems would have to be solved by you. And each action you did was fined. They poached the full time employee from our in store shopping team to become management, she began to breath down everyone's neck and refer to us as robot's. I was ready to look past this poor management when an email was released stating we had to give a MINIMUM of 20 hours a week availability with 12 of those hours falling in Saturday, Sunday or Monday. They told us this on August 25th , after I had selected back to back Monday classes for my school semester. When I brought this up to management they asked me to resign. Terrible company that does not respect humans lol. Don't work here

Pros

Can't think of one.

Cons

You are apart of an algorithm

Jobs at Instacart Shoppers

See more jobs

Extremely low. Waste of time

I compliant to Instacart management about the extremely low pay and low rewards for using my car. Instacart ignored the issues of their shoppers and instead constantly advertise for more drivers. Instacart only care about making money using drivers for their business instead of treating shoppers with respect.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Extremely low pay. Waste of gas and time

They dont care about shoppers

People are using bots to auto accept batches. I have comlained many time but Instacart doesn’t care. All they care is about making money and filling their own pockets. I wake up at 6 and sit with the phone in one hand till 6 in the evening so i can get a batch. All i get is left over when the cheaters are tired. Let me mention that I am one of the top rated shoppers in my region. People are also using multiple accounts but the Instacart doesn’t care about its own policies

Pros

None until they start caring about us

Cons

Cheating shoppers.

They don’t guarantee tip pay when system is down

Okay when the system is down they tell you that they will not pay the tip since the tip was unassigned. Should the shopper struggle because hoping to be tipped and not be paid? Can’t instacart correct this than them telling you sorry we can’t pay the full amount? Please don’t rob the struggling shopper or don’t post the tip if it’s not a guarantee.

Very fast paced, have to be fast in every aspect for this job

Typical day at work is hectic, if you want to earn good. A good customer service is needed. Management is ok to work with. Hardest is to get work done from customer care person at a fast pace. They are really slow. you can earn as much as you want if yo are working in a good area.

Just trouble

They under pay per job. They treat employees like garbage. They only good thing is your own boss but it’s not worth working for them. The most a week I made it’s barely $300.00 and that’s beyond 40 hours a week

Great hours

Its great to be able to chose shifts and work the exact amount of hour I can spare. It taught me great time management skills as i had to complete my deliveries in a specified time span.

Instacart is the worst Scam

Instacart will force you to work for less than minimum wage. They have terrible CS and the force CS agents to lie. You will earn less money and lose money while working with this company. Stay away!

Pros

You get hired

Cons

You get sucked in

Horrable

Terrible company to work with. Decreases payments as you work with them. Doesn't care about the safety of the people who work with them. It's all about the bottom buck and NOTHING else.

Pros

Cons

Everything!

Like being paid to shop

Overall I have liked working for Instacart. I like how flexible it is to work but the work load to how much we get paid is unreasonable. I also think that top performs should be given an opportunity to advance with the company but management makes no effort in this regards which is disappointing.

Pros

You get paid weekly

Cons

It gets slow, time is wasted and the batches are low in pay not worth taking

Official response from Instacart Shoppers

21 March 2019
As we continue to grow we're excited about more and more opportunities for Full Service Shoppers to grow their careers at Instacart! We'll continue to let all our Shoppers know about opportunities as they arise.

Silly Pay

Extremely low pay. I don't expect to make as much as a trades person but I should be making more than min wage ...no? Stick around the zone and wait 3 hours to get some fat basement dweller to ask for no name brand processed foods and give you a poor tip. Avoid it unless you like burning you gas to make $20/day if that much

Pros

No boss

Cons

Everything else

Unfortunately shoppers won’t last longer if this new payment continues to be in place

Worse than worst experience. The new payment system is awful and unfair. The refferal claims huge amount and end of the day you get get the amount that doesn’t even worth truffles box. This ain’t worth reffering. Loads other apps are much better try ‘em. I quit and spread the word for others betterment too. You can earn way better on uber, uber eats, lyft etc..

Pros

Lamentably None

Cons

Everything...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8