Instacart Shoppers

Clear
2.1Job security & advancement

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,830 reviews

Frustrating

Interview process super easy no experience necessary no references necessary gave basic information allowed them to do criminal record check. Never able to speak to an actual human being any problems I am left standing in its store texting messages back and forth. Pay was great in the beginning over the last year and a half it has gone down down with no explanation and good honest breakdown of payment to a point where I'm more likely spending $ not coming out ahead the only way to really come out ahead now is if you accept an order because you're already at a grocery store and it is close by for delivery. When gas prices increased instacart still only gave shopper /delivery workers $0.40 per kilometer at times you would look to see how many kilometers before accepting a batch and if we're okay accept you'd accept the batch then come to find kilometers were actually more.

Pros

Like a scavenger hunt, doesn't feel like work, good to be helping others

Cons

Forever changing without explanation

Instacart delivery driver

Great company to work for if you need a flexible job especially in a pandemic, however there is no security with Instacart. I’ve worked with them since the very first day they started in Toronto over 3 years ago and always did my best to deliver on time, provide excellent customer service, and pick the best possible items for the customer. I would literally go above and beyond for my customers, However due the pandemic I feel that a lot of customers became dishonest and claimed they did not receive their orders. Due to this I was deactivated suddenly while in the process of delivering an order. I tried to explain and provide proof for all deliveries but they did not accept any of my appeals. Please have a back up plan and understand that these gig jobs are temporary. You may be loyal to them, but they are not loyal to you, because you can be very easily replaced.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No job security

Worst place to work

Took them a month to decide. Worst company to work for. Would never recommend to anyone. JUST STAY AWAY from this company. They are scammers from another part of the world.

Pros

Cons

Lots

Great Side hustle

I signed up for Instacart about a year ago, at first my area was not busy at all, therefore I wasn’t making money and stopped. Since Covid everyone in my area has been doing online groceries so I started about a month ago and it’s busy all day everyday. The pay is what you want it to be, work longer, pick up batches that benefit you, amount, distance and product knowledge and location are key.

Pros

Working on your own time, A lot of customers tip well

Cons

Delivering to apartments and industrial areas

In Store Shopper

I was hired on as an in-store shopper in February before the pandemic hit, this seemed like a fantastic job for me as a full time studdnt - the company promised that you would be in full control of your schedule and you could work as much or as little as you wanted. There were big errors in the company, you were unable to go-to the washroom during your shift. Management happened remotely so most problems would have to be solved by you. And each action you did was fined. They poached the full time employee from our in store shopping team to become management, she began to breath down everyone's neck and refer to us as robot's. I was ready to look past this poor management when an email was released stating we had to give a MINIMUM of 20 hours a week availability with 12 of those hours falling in Saturday, Sunday or Monday. They told us this on August 25th , after I had selected back to back Monday classes for my school semester. When I brought this up to management they asked me to resign. Terrible company that does not respect humans lol. Don't work here

Pros

Can't think of one.

Cons

You are apart of an algorithm

Ok money if you work really long days

I really liked instacart at first but as I worked longer and longer the issues with this company and app started to really get to me. First of all, the rating system for work. Its all good until some random gives you a 1 star for no reason and no explanation then you spend hours on the app trying to not get dropped by support. Everyday they tell you something different and every support specialist handles you differently and does more or less depending on who you get. They told us months ago customers could not leave below 5 stars without an explanation but here we are months later and still this has not happened.

Pros

Make Money, Flexible

Cons

Stress, No support, High mileage on your vehicle, very monotonous, company only cares about money so your just a number

Terrible work scheduling

Just a few weeks ago they changed the way the program worked. Prior to the change they would send out shift hours and you would chose which worked for you and as you completed your shifts you would get more seniority. Now the shifts have changed and instead of it being made by specific shifts, they randomly send you orders and if you don't accept them then you are put on like a "black list" and you never have the chance to complete any orders, unless every single person ahead of you says no to the order (which can be dozens) and even so its sent out randomly. I find this ridiculous because this is suppose to be a chance at earning some additional money not a steady job and if once you deny an order they put you on this black list then you never have the chance of earring that additional cash. They should simply hire people for permanent positions or release the order for absolutely everyone in the area and whoever is the first to answer gets the order.

Extremely disappointed

Signed up for Instacart last week and I still haven't had one single job. There seems to be some sort of trick to getting hours. Not able to contact anyone either. The app won't let you speak with a live company rep. I thought this would be a fun part time job. But...there seems to be something less than genuine going on with the hours. Personally, I do not want to scratch and claw with countless others for a few measly jobs- if they didn't have work in my area- why didn't they say so? Be honest! Be genuine! Or may the wrath of the Better Business Bureau and the Labor Board come down upon you!

Treat you like an employee but without the “perks”

Used to be a great company. Drastically cut pay by over 50%. App had many glitches, we get penalized for not accepting “batches” even though the app isn’t functioning.

Pros

Cons

Bad pay

Great hours

Its great to be able to chose shifts and work the exact amount of hour I can spare. It taught me great time management skills as i had to complete my deliveries in a specified time span.

Jobs at Instacart Shoppers

See more jobs

Awful

Very awful job. No hours. App is ok. Customer service is ok. They 'help' you by being so nice on the phone but they never really helped. I asked for a new card, the person i was talking to said ok they will send one asap. Then weeks after I called again because I never got a new card. They said nobody ordered one for me. LIke wow.. Also the reason why I asked for a new card is because, when I was about to pay at the counter, my card got declined because apparently the card that I have is for someone else's card. ?? I was mad. I was on the phone for 45 mins. No shifts as well. Once they offered me one shift on a Saturday and it was like 1 hour away from me. So i didn't take it. Then they never gave me shifts anymore even though I am always picking up hours.

Pros

nothing really

Cons

everything too bad

Better than inabuggy 100 percent

I was doing inabuggy for about 6 months and getting paid okay butt they didn't really have a lot of customers and some times the pay did not come on time and they had very little support for their shoppers. Instacart thas been so much better. i always get paid every week same time and if i have any issues there is support right in the app.

Pros

best grocery shopping job

Cons

unsure about career progress long term

Awful Experience

A typical day at work you select your hours in days that you are available then you have 6 hours to cancel your hours otherwise you get reliability incident which damage your reputation

Pros

nothing good about this company

Cons

Longer application process, unfair pay

Official response from Instacart Shoppers

21 March 2019
We're starting to get very busy in Regina. If your experience was a bit slow around launch then feel free to schedule some hours and see what's changed!

Risky sign up

Seems like it could be a good idea. But I’m today’s world of hackers and scammers, you would have to be crazy to think I am going to give you a picture of my drivers license and other banking info before you even explain to me how much I could potentially make. Needless to say I didn’t finish the sign up. Glad I didn’t too, all these other reviews look pretty bad.

Stay Away

If you are a shopper for this company, stay away! There are a lot other mystery shopping and food delivery companies that is MUCH more pay than this. I worked for 3 months and I realized this company now has the WORST payout in the history of all the delivery company I know. Stay away, it is not worth it.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Low Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8