Instacart Shoppers logo
Instacart Shoppers
Happiness score is 52 out of 100Below average

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews for Personal Shopper

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,600 reviews

Stressful, heavy work load and very fast paced with horrible compensation

Hard work, very fast paced with horrible pay. You dont make enough to live off if unless you have no life and can work all the time to make up for it. Lots of competition.

Pros

Work when you want, take a break when you want.

Cons

Not paid enough for travel time and shopping.

Shopping and delivery

Not good enough if you want to make a lot of money in the earlier days it use to be good but instacart increase they shoppers population an after not enough jobs for all shoppers

Pros

Work at your own pace

Cons

Not good paying very little appreciate for your effort from your customers

Excellent for those who prefer to work alone, and when they want!

Excellent place to work for people who: like to work alone, prefer not to deal with lots of customers, like to drive/deliver and like to shop! I suggest this job to anyone I know who needs a little (or a lot depending on how much you work) extra cash! It's amazing for an extra job on the side to pick up a few orders, or work 20 hours a week like me and rely on it for my income! I love doing it!

Pros

Freelance, customers appreciate your work, not working with lots of people in the public, feels good to help those who cannot get their own groceries, like shopping but you get paid for it!, you can wear whatever you'd like and even listen to music, after a while you become familiar with the store workers and they will become more friendly with you, excellent employee services/chat help - they basically have a solution to every problem

Cons

Hard to get batches over certain amounts because some workers have "batch stealing bots", some days are not as busy so less money can be made, can get lonely with no coworkers!

Don't count on them to have your back, they won't

The review system needs to be overhauled. The customer can give you a one-star and mark down that you didn't find all the items they wanted even though that's out of your control most of time when the store is sold out of something customers don't care and they still give you a lower StarsHow my card was deactivated due to an alleged glitch and now I have been able to instacart in almost a month and I'm getting nowhere with them.No answers no help nothing whatsoever.So don't rely upon this job as a maintenance source of income because if something goes wrong they will not help you.

Pros

Work when I want

Cons

Completely horrible support for shoppers

only good for side income!

no body cares if you do good or bad, there is no priority for experience shopper. they will keep introducing new shoppers in your area until to the point of saturation where they dont have to give you extra incentive to work both in value per batch or number of order to choose from. there is always bottom feeders taking order with ZERO tips and ZERO boost... the more shoppers the less they pay; the more delivery per batch the less they pay. the shopper's app are full of bugs. server error 500 / 502 are not uncommon, it might last for mins or hours while you are working. address might not be accurate so as pay. some support staff are great but most dont care... just too much. let me know if you disagree... ohhh....for 17-22 per hour as a contractor??? no other benefit, use your own car, fuel, no insurance for you nor your vehicle equals to below minimum wage...but bottom feeders will always do it for 8-14 per hour or less...

Great job

This is a great job very independent work when you want you can take on as much or as little only complaint is customer cannot recommend you personally lots of long driving distances with no pay gas to earnings sometime not the best overall a great job easy to do

Horrible$! Do not do it

Their claim in 740 a week is ludicrous!!i worked hard and actually cared about my work and customer feedback... yet the company still screwed me when I went on vacation....i had a 4.96 customer satisfaction rating out of 5 and almost always got a five star rating because i went above and beyond. This company has something called early access which gives you first choice and to choose hours. If you are not on it at the exact minute nothing left for you to get. ... I kept early access by working a minimum of 25 hours over a three week period. When i went on vacation for 2 weeks it wouldn’t let me block off the week even though the rep said it would be fine and all would be good. EVEN with early access you will MAX make 130 a day but that’s if you work a 12 hour day... you do the math. This company is a joke. Not only am I going to tell everybody I know that it is completely horrible and not worth it but they do not value people who actually care enough about the customers like myself. The time limits are completely unrealistic and the customer support staff is a joke. They were all outsourced and had no training.. so if you had an issue good luck finding anybody useful to help. For example one day my i accidentally delivered when the delivery was not complete, and i called right away to ask them to give the address info and it literally took the rep 15 minutes to find the address; all the while the groceries were melting. Do yourself a favour and don’t out yourself through this .... You will make less than minimum wage... oh and that’s on a good Day. This company will not -

Pros

Cons

Stress, no reward for effort, horrible pay, horrible customer service

Treat you like an employee but without the “perks”

Used to be a great company. Drastically cut pay by over 50%. App had many glitches, we get penalized for not accepting “batches” even though the app isn’t functioning.

Pros

Cons

Bad pay

It's what you make of it.

Uber Eats meets click and collect. Great part time job for me, enjoy the flexibility, independence and constant feedback of the App. Paid by the order rather than hour means income is variable.

irregular hours, overall under minimum wage hours

with insta cart you are on an independent contract which allows them to pay you under minimum wage. irregular hours and while on shift you arent paid hourly.

Jobs at Instacart Shoppers