Instacart Shoppers logo
Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,613 reviews

Instacart delivery driver

Great company to work for if you need a flexible job especially in a pandemic, however there is no security with Instacart. I’ve worked with them since the very first day they started in Toronto over 3 years ago and always did my best to deliver on time, provide excellent customer service, and pick the best possible items for the customer. I would literally go above and beyond for my customers, However due the pandemic I feel that a lot of customers became dishonest and claimed they did not receive their orders. Due to this I was deactivated suddenly while in the process of delivering an order. I tried to explain and provide proof for all deliveries but they did not accept any of my appeals. Please have a back up plan and understand that these gig jobs are temporary. You may be loyal to them, but they are not loyal to you, because you can be very easily replaced.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No job security

On your own time but underpaid

Instacart started decent. It's now turned into an underpaid, overworked gig. You are at the mercy of customers mood. If you are rated anything lower then 5 stars you aren't able to see as much work and in turn don't make as much money. The money you make does not balance out between wear and tear, gas or your time, plus having to pay your own taxes at the end of the year. The support staff are completely unaware of anything going on and spend alot of time copy and pasting their responses. You are better off finding a facebook group with other shoppers if you need actual help. You get the hit if the store is out of stock of product (between tip reductions and customer complaints). Their app updates many times do not help the app and instead end up lagging or completely crashing their own service. Work skip the dishes instead. Its less work and in the end the pay comes out higher.

Pros

You make your own schedule

Cons

Long hours, low pay, miserable customers, unhelpful support staff

Good casual/part time job

It’s a good job for extra cash, wouldn’t recommend having it as a full time job. Lots of driving and if you’re lucky you will get decent pay. Very competitive, first come first serve for each batch. Half the time you don’t get a tip.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No definite tips

Not a Great Place to Work

Instacart doesn't care about it's workers. They try and pay you as little as possible and hope that someone will do it. They constantly change the rate at which they pay you.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Low pay

Very very Bad experience

It's very bad experience they dont have their staff trained they dont know what's happening in their company.pay is very less .they even dont pay minimum wages.They only make their own profits not caring for people .They have their computers glitch and they are least bothered to fix it .some times they have account problems payment is not going through shoppers waste their time fwaiting for hours

Pros

All pros and cond

Cons

Filled with negative things

Good for extra income

Batches are not well compensated for but if you are looking to get out of the house it can be a fun experience. Knowing you are helping people with challenges that prevent them from going to a store to shop for themselves is rewarding so tgat is how you should look at it during COVID19

Pros

Work a few hours earn some money, can opt for instant payout or weekly pay

Cons

Not well paid for some of the deliveries. Under minimum wage, not sure how that is legal

Fun and easy job

All it requires is a car and a grocery list, it is so simple and you can make a ton of money from it and meet some nice regular customers too. The pay is insane if you drive a gas efficient car, I do not but I can still make tons.

Pros

Your own boss, high pay, nice customers

Cons

Gas

Gig economy at it's finest

While I definitely enjoyed doing Instacart in the few months I was between jobs, the pay can be incredibly low most of the time (below minimum wage + expenses of driving insane distances) and tips vary wildly. You get to pick your own hours or work on-demand, and the more active/higher rated you are, the earlier you get allowed into the schedule pick. Getting hours can be very competitive in some areas, so you might need to watch the schedule page like a hawk. I really did NOT like their penalty system...I was penalized when my car broke down once, even though I called them to explain there was nothing I could do and could not reasonably continue my shift. You could accumulate penalties for refusing the low pay/high distance batches or impossible orders (10 huge cases of pop/waterbottles don't fit in the average car), and eventually get prevented from picking hours. The bright side was that customers are generally super grateful and happy to have your help, lots of elderly customers and new moms, can be super rewarding that way.

Pros

Set your own schedule, can earn bonus pay

Cons

Low pay, highly competitive, gig economy

Good When You Can Get Enough Orders

I've worked instacart full time for about 3 months now and I've decided to move on simply due to unreliability of hours. $60 for an hour's work is nice but It's hard to guarantee enough hours to live. Great money as a side gig or for a student if you can swing the good orders. I'll definitely continue working orders occasionally when I get another full time gig.

Pros

Freedom to work when you please

Cons

Inconsistent Frequency of Hours

you pay more for gas

They don't pay for travel or insurance. you wait for jobs and they aren't guaranteed work. customer service is hard to work along side with and often their application would crash. timing is important but they don't count for real world timing of what it is like to shop in a busy store.

Jobs at Instacart Shoppers

Delivery Driver positions
See more jobs

Great hours

Its great to be able to chose shifts and work the exact amount of hour I can spare. It taught me great time management skills as i had to complete my deliveries in a specified time span.

Flexible hours. Income not quaranteed

Mobile app usage. Need to have cell phone with large data plan and roaming. Sometimes the server connection can be troublesome. Ie. You might lose wifi connection during a job. App is inflexible regarding cancel of shifts or work schedules. They penalize for cancelling shifts and ending work early.

Pros

Flexible. Simple work. Comfortable work environment as a shopper

Cons

No guarantee of income. Shifts maybe slow due to lack of online shoppers

Good experience in Customer Service

Can pick your hours and zone that is convenient for you. Good experience for store shopping and pick of replacements item of not availableGood to improve navigation skills and app software.

Pros

Free Launchers

Cons

No benifits and hourly rate

Overall it’s an ok job but very inconsistent fighting for hours

I love working for this company but the hours are inconsistent because the way they have it set up we have beat other drivers to the hours we want and the areas we want to work. I enjoy meeting new people every day. I also try to help to the best of my knowledge.

Pros

We’re able to set our own hours

Cons

It’s very inconsistent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8