Instacart Shoppers logo
Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,610 reviews

Instacart delivery driver

Great company to work for if you need a flexible job especially in a pandemic, however there is no security with Instacart. I’ve worked with them since the very first day they started in Toronto over 3 years ago and always did my best to deliver on time, provide excellent customer service, and pick the best possible items for the customer. I would literally go above and beyond for my customers, However due the pandemic I feel that a lot of customers became dishonest and claimed they did not receive their orders. Due to this I was deactivated suddenly while in the process of delivering an order. I tried to explain and provide proof for all deliveries but they did not accept any of my appeals. Please have a back up plan and understand that these gig jobs are temporary. You may be loyal to them, but they are not loyal to you, because you can be very easily replaced.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No job security

An addiction, not a job

Constantly stressing about ratings. Unfair access to loads are based on the rating system. You have to be glued to your phone for hours to catch a good order. Once you do start getting good orders, you get addicted and it's very hard to stop for the day. The company does not care about its workers at all. We are an expendable commodity to them, and any feedback we give is ignored at best. Instacart only cares about profits.Do not fall into this trap unless you are truly desperate for income.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, addictive work, metrics reduce income, apathetic corporation

Worst place to work

Took them a month to decide. Worst company to work for. Would never recommend to anyone. JUST STAY AWAY from this company. They are scammers from another part of the world.

Pros

Cons

Lots

Don't count on them to have your back, they won't

The review system needs to be overhauled. The customer can give you a one-star and mark down that you didn't find all the items they wanted even though that's out of your control most of time when the store is sold out of something customers don't care and they still give you a lower StarsHow my card was deactivated due to an alleged glitch and now I have been able to instacart in almost a month and I'm getting nowhere with them.No answers no help nothing whatsoever.So don't rely upon this job as a maintenance source of income because if something goes wrong they will not help you.

Pros

Work when I want

Cons

Completely horrible support for shoppers

Instacart shopper

I started working with instacart as of Feb 2020 as a store shopper and delivery. Their pay structure is not transparent and they started to pay less for big batches. You would see $7 payout for 30 items and you still have to wait for 30mins in the cold weather at the store lineup. They didn’t give the shoppers who are the front line of the business during the covid-19 better pay instead they reduce the pay and they didn’t send out any protective equipment like masks and gloves.

Pros

Make your own hours but there are no batches because of the surplus of shoppers

Cons

Pay is terrible

Bad earnings

This company charge customer allot, but the don’t pay there shoppers enough. You need to work 7 days a week 10 hours a day to make a living. This company use your assets (car) to make money. And they pay you penny.

A Great Side-Gig

I have a full time job and instacart after work and on weekends. If you don't mind doing people's groceries a good job. I accept all orders and make between $16-22 per hour before taxes and vehicle maintenance. If you are into stats based games you may enjoy the experience. You work on a timer, and orders have to get done before the expiry time. Think about it like timed quests for money. Your performance is rated through a number or metrics and the app gives you feedback. This is great if you are doing well, but pretty disheartening when you aren't. The whole system is automated so don't be surprised to find a robot is writing you up for Customers can be a bit picky, and sometimes it gets stressful when there's some item you haven't heard of and the clock is running out, but overall not the scam everyone seems to be saying.

Pros

Easy to use app, good process flow.

Cons

Vehicle maintenance cut into profits

Better than inabuggy 100 percent

I was doing inabuggy for about 6 months and getting paid okay butt they didn't really have a lot of customers and some times the pay did not come on time and they had very little support for their shoppers. Instacart thas been so much better. i always get paid every week same time and if i have any issues there is support right in the app.

Pros

best grocery shopping job

Cons

unsure about career progress long term

A really easy job to make good money

This gig is defenately my preference vs sitting in my car all day doing uber. With instacart you get to do some customer service work and be more active, and the pay is pretty good (about 600 per week) if you put in a decent but not overly large amount of time. The app is really good and makes shopping like a game. And there are lots of other shoppers who you can learn from.

Pros

fun, goood work

Cons

use your own gas and data plan

Horrable

Terrible company to work with. Decreases payments as you work with them. Doesn't care about the safety of the people who work with them. It's all about the bottom buck and NOTHING else.

Pros

Cons

Everything!

Instacart canada

Instacart ig great but the driving is too long and customers are very demanding.i literally start work after school 4-11 pm hours are flexible. and on the weekend I work all day

Pros

no lunches

Cons

long hour

Like being paid to shop

Overall I have liked working for Instacart. I like how flexible it is to work but the work load to how much we get paid is unreasonable. I also think that top performs should be given an opportunity to advance with the company but management makes no effort in this regards which is disappointing.

Pros

You get paid weekly

Cons

It gets slow, time is wasted and the batches are low in pay not worth taking

Official response from Instacart Shoppers

21 March 2019
As we continue to grow we're excited about more and more opportunities for Full Service Shoppers to grow their careers at Instacart! We'll continue to let all our Shoppers know about opportunities as they arise.

Unfortunately shoppers won’t last longer if this new payment continues to be in place

Worse than worst experience. The new payment system is awful and unfair. The refferal claims huge amount and end of the day you get get the amount that doesn’t even worth truffles box. This ain’t worth reffering. Loads other apps are much better try ‘em. I quit and spread the word for others betterment too. You can earn way better on uber, uber eats, lyft etc..

Pros

Lamentably None

Cons

Everything...

The old structure to pay was way better, the structure is awful, you don’t make money, Instacart offers very flexible hours but the pay is not good. Aalso the zones are not clear . For Example: I’m zone to work in Brampton Ontario and the only Wal-mart is in Mississauga and the delivery is back in Brampton for a $10.00 batch. Over a half of hour drive.

Pros

Good work hours

Great pay and fun job

Started as a shopper after seeing the posting on indeed. Found the payments to be very good for the amount of time and effort involved. Some customers tip very well, which makes a big difference. And it gets me out of my car and on my feet.

Pros

Active, Fun, Flexible

Cons

Use your own car and phhone

Official response from Instacart Shoppers

21 March 2019
Great to hear you're enjoying the experience, and getting your steps in along the way!

New warning structure is absolutely a nightmare for shoppers

First Day of Experience on New Earning Structure (Absolutely Nightmare) I have to say this is absolutely nightmare for us on this new earning structure. This is not a incentive program but a absolutely driving-shopper-away program. Before I explain why this doesn’t make sense to me, let me give you some figures which also a calculation that matter to me or to most of shoppers the most. After a year working with Instacart, i have slowly built up experience and familiarity in the whole system and with all superstores in my area. My average in my area is around 70 sec per item and this has been contributing to my earning a lot before they changed the whole structure. and i could earn at least 25 per hour according to my last 4 weeks report. I had just finished my first shift of 3 hours since the new structure imposed, my earning was 25 for two batches (one 10 and the other one 15). Let me convert to my preferred calculation is 8.3 per hour without deduction of gas, car deprecation. And you are telling me this is FAIR?? About the new earning structure, I really have no idea why they advertised this is better than the previous one. There are lots of factors affecting the incentive like store location, layout, difficulty of item, time of day store size, checkout type, etc. i have no understanding about why these matter that much to the whole earning structure. First of all, the store size, checkout type has really less impact on our shopping experience because once we get familiar with the store layout we basically know where to get the items our customer requested. -

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Huge cut in pay, unfair pay

Flexible hours. Income not quaranteed

Mobile app usage. Need to have cell phone with large data plan and roaming. Sometimes the server connection can be troublesome. Ie. You might lose wifi connection during a job. App is inflexible regarding cancel of shifts or work schedules. They penalize for cancelling shifts and ending work early.

Pros

Flexible. Simple work. Comfortable work environment as a shopper

Cons

No guarantee of income. Shifts maybe slow due to lack of online shoppers

Overall it’s an ok job but very inconsistent fighting for hours

I love working for this company but the hours are inconsistent because the way they have it set up we have beat other drivers to the hours we want and the areas we want to work. I enjoy meeting new people every day. I also try to help to the best of my knowledge.

Pros

We’re able to set our own hours

Cons

It’s very inconsistent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8