Instacart Shoppers logo

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews in Greater Toronto Area, ON

2.3Pay & benefits

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,607 reviews

Good work for moms

I was going to rate at 5 stars, but today I had unpleasant issue that I hadn't before. Usually my phone starts to beep when you have the order, but today Instacart send notification that I am out of zone and I have to drive to working zone location so I did. It took me half an hour to drive there and guess what? I had to seat in my car and wait for order to come for several hours! So I spend all my schedule in a car with NO orders! Now question: who is going to pay for my gas and parts for my car? Plus they didn't count half an hour that I was driving!!! In general there's more issues like: - hard to find the right product, especially if it is ethnic product that you never seen before, but probably with the time you will get it. - some app issues happens from time to time. - sometimes you need to contact with help center urgently and there's no hot lines so you have to send a message and wait for couple days them to contact you back. So you going back and forth, back and forth... - you have to work on time. If you are facing with difficult client who is taking your time by texting you back and forth because they are changing their mind regarding their order you will run out of time and your rating at Instacart will be lower so next time you won't be able to get more hours and so on.

Pros

flexible hours and easy to schedule.

Cons

poor or no tips, salary wish to be higher (they pay less than minimum wage), most of the times you have to carry heavy bags, sometimes it is hard to find the customers location, some places don't have parking or paid parking, gas and parts for your car on your own expences.

Time management is crucial. Being well oriented is important

Shopping became serious while serving the customer. The product availability is an obstacles to finish on time grabbing the lists though in some stores it is easy to visualize the organization.

Pros

Accepting your own batches at your ease with no supervision.

Cons

Low compensation for full shoppers.

Doing Instacart for almost 3 yrs.

Well since Instacart has been in Canada for almost 3 years it has gone downhill in the way they pay the independent contractor. I am not even able to get any decent orders anymore and yet I should be seniority as opposed to new people just signing on to do the work. They’ve added more stores but took away the quality bonus. I am now having to go out and apply for other jobs to make the income that I used to make with Instacart. Very very sad as I loved doing the job.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low pay on orders or no orders when star rating is low

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Instacart Shoppers?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8