Instacart Shoppers logo
Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,613 reviews

Ok money if you work really long days

I really liked instacart at first but as I worked longer and longer the issues with this company and app started to really get to me. First of all, the rating system for work. Its all good until some random gives you a 1 star for no reason and no explanation then you spend hours on the app trying to not get dropped by support. Everyday they tell you something different and every support specialist handles you differently and does more or less depending on who you get. They told us months ago customers could not leave below 5 stars without an explanation but here we are months later and still this has not happened.

Pros

Make Money, Flexible

Cons

Stress, No support, High mileage on your vehicle, very monotonous, company only cares about money so your just a number

On your own time but underpaid

Instacart started decent. It's now turned into an underpaid, overworked gig. You are at the mercy of customers mood. If you are rated anything lower then 5 stars you aren't able to see as much work and in turn don't make as much money. The money you make does not balance out between wear and tear, gas or your time, plus having to pay your own taxes at the end of the year. The support staff are completely unaware of anything going on and spend alot of time copy and pasting their responses. You are better off finding a facebook group with other shoppers if you need actual help. You get the hit if the store is out of stock of product (between tip reductions and customer complaints). Their app updates many times do not help the app and instead end up lagging or completely crashing their own service. Work skip the dishes instead. Its less work and in the end the pay comes out higher.

Pros

You make your own schedule

Cons

Long hours, low pay, miserable customers, unhelpful support staff

Great job

This is a great job very independent work when you want you can take on as much or as little only complaint is customer cannot recommend you personally lots of long driving distances with no pay gas to earnings sometime not the best overall a great job easy to do

It's What You Make of It

I didn't expect this to be a high paying job so I wasn't disappointed. However, it can be a decently paying job if you if you work fast and manage yourself in an efficient matter. I am able to make above minimum wage. I would say $16-$18 an hour. People will complain that there are no hours, but if you pick up hours at the right time (you will have to research the best time) then hours are not an issue. Overall a decent job.

Flexible and great pay!

I have been an Instacart Shopper for about 5 months. In that time I have come to enjoy the very flexible hours (pick when you want to work), the great pay ($25-35 an hour on a slow day and $45-55 an hour on a busy day). I love being my own boss. Deciding what hours I want to do and how busy I want to be. I have kids and being able to work around them and provide for them is great. Instacart has been a fantastic choice for me (yes I was once as sceptical as you are now). Take a chance what do you have to loss. http://inst.cr/t/z5Lqen5bB

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Slow days

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Instacart Shoppers?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8