Instacart Shoppers logo

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 91 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,540 reviews

Underpaid

Based on my experience, for a $20 worth of order without a tip, you will pick up 20 items or more, I spent two hours to get it done. Meaning $10bucks an hour, what about my gasoline, lucky if there’s a tip then it will make it even.

Pros

Work on your own time

Cons

Big tips, max earning $200 for 10hrs

Good casual/part time job

It’s a good job for extra cash, wouldn’t recommend having it as a full time job. Lots of driving and if you’re lucky you will get decent pay. Very competitive, first come first serve for each batch. Half the time you don’t get a tip.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No definite tips

No support for shoppers

There is no phone support for shoppers.... you have to use the online text chat which takes forever and in most cases you get " oh we cant help you with that!~ For a company that builds its fortunes on the backs of shopppers there should be some actual safe phone support!

Not a full time job to live on

I have only worked with Instacart for a while, if you think this is a full time job you can live off you are wrong. This is something to get as a 2nd job the pros is you can work when you want and get off when you want. The cons are if you do not know the shops/products the customer wants it can be time consuming. All in all i have the Shopper app running while doing Doordash so if it's slow on Doordash i grab an Instacart shop.

Pros

work when you want

Cons

not enough to live off

Fun workplace

Good place to work and develop communication skills. Working in a self-the paced environment helps to develop pro-active skills and customer service improvement.

An addiction, not a job

Constantly stressing about ratings. Unfair access to loads are based on the rating system. You have to be glued to your phone for hours to catch a good order. Once you do start getting good orders, you get addicted and it's very hard to stop for the day. The company does not care about its workers at all. We are an expendable commodity to them, and any feedback we give is ignored at best. Instacart only cares about profits.Do not fall into this trap unless you are truly desperate for income.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, addictive work, metrics reduce income, apathetic corporation

Stressful, heavy work load and very fast paced with horrible compensation

Hard work, very fast paced with horrible pay. You dont make enough to live off if unless you have no life and can work all the time to make up for it. Lots of competition.

Pros

Work when you want, take a break when you want.

Cons

Not paid enough for travel time and shopping.

Poor Communication

They never care what you think. The only thing they care is setting barriers for you! You cannot get any help from the service support. They didn’t nothing but waste your time.

Pros

Earn some money

Cons

worst company ever to work with

no matter how good you are, you are paid under minimum wedge, no benifits of doing work, they have hired so many people - you do not get even sufficient shift, management is greedy

A questionable company with poor customer and contractor support

Do not join this slowly eroding work factory that pays you for 1/2 your actual mileage, provides very elementary support and sees customer service as something to be managed, rather than done well. While people literally risk their lives providing this service, Instacart has flooded larger cities with shoppers who now battle it out for diminishing orders. Their shopper rating algorithm is flawed in that only one or two reviews of less than perfect can cost a shopper thousands of dollars in lost orders. Undependable.

Pros

You are on your own schedule

Cons

Long hours and poor overall compensation.

Stressful place

They don’t care about a people who work for this company no good communication and they didn’t do a investigation about some of the clients that lied about to non received their groceries they are preferred to get that for free and instatcart can deactivated your account easily don’t even try to do a good communication with you.They are treated people with no value.I never recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Cons

Longue hour

Instacart delivery driver

Great company to work for if you need a flexible job especially in a pandemic, however there is no security with Instacart. I’ve worked with them since the very first day they started in Toronto over 3 years ago and always did my best to deliver on time, provide excellent customer service, and pick the best possible items for the customer. I would literally go above and beyond for my customers, However due the pandemic I feel that a lot of customers became dishonest and claimed they did not receive their orders. Due to this I was deactivated suddenly while in the process of delivering an order. I tried to explain and provide proof for all deliveries but they did not accept any of my appeals. Please have a back up plan and understand that these gig jobs are temporary. You may be loyal to them, but they are not loyal to you, because you can be very easily replaced.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No job security

Shopping and delivery

Not good enough if you want to make a lot of money in the earlier days it use to be good but instacart increase they shoppers population an after not enough jobs for all shoppers

Pros

Work at your own pace

Cons

Not good paying very little appreciate for your effort from your customers

Worst place to work

Took them a month to decide. Worst company to work for. Would never recommend to anyone. JUST STAY AWAY from this company. They are scammers from another part of the world.

Pros

Cons

Lots

Excellent for those who prefer to work alone, and when they want!

Excellent place to work for people who: like to work alone, prefer not to deal with lots of customers, like to drive/deliver and like to shop! I suggest this job to anyone I know who needs a little (or a lot depending on how much you work) extra cash! It's amazing for an extra job on the side to pick up a few orders, or work 20 hours a week like me and rely on it for my income! I love doing it!

Pros

Freelance, customers appreciate your work, not working with lots of people in the public, feels good to help those who cannot get their own groceries, like shopping but you get paid for it!, you can wear whatever you'd like and even listen to music, after a while you become familiar with the store workers and they will become more friendly with you, excellent employee services/chat help - they basically have a solution to every problem

Cons

Hard to get batches over certain amounts because some workers have "batch stealing bots", some days are not as busy so less money can be made, can get lonely with no coworkers!

Don't count on them to have your back, they won't

The review system needs to be overhauled. The customer can give you a one-star and mark down that you didn't find all the items they wanted even though that's out of your control most of time when the store is sold out of something customers don't care and they still give you a lower StarsHow my card was deactivated due to an alleged glitch and now I have been able to instacart in almost a month and I'm getting nowhere with them.No answers no help nothing whatsoever.So don't rely upon this job as a maintenance source of income because if something goes wrong they will not help you.

Pros

Work when I want

Cons

Completely horrible support for shoppers

Nightmare

People lie to get free groceries and Instacart punishes for it, allowing low ratings that cut your income. They don’t respect shoppers, or value your work.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Everything. Hard work. Low payment. Your work won’t be value by the company.

Doing Instacart for almost 3 yrs.

Well since Instacart has been in Canada for almost 3 years it has gone downhill in the way they pay the independent contractor. I am not even able to get any decent orders anymore and yet I should be seniority as opposed to new people just signing on to do the work. They’ve added more stores but took away the quality bonus. I am now having to go out and apply for other jobs to make the income that I used to make with Instacart. Very very sad as I loved doing the job.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low pay on orders or no orders when star rating is low

Instacart trust and safety

Theyre deactivating accounts without give shopper any truly explanation! Looks like tricks to ahoppers ! Theyre not really comunicating and sometimes helpless

Pros

Alternwtibe income

Cons

Payment starts get less when its more than 200 batches finelized

Not a Great Place to Work

Instacart doesn't care about it's workers. They try and pay you as little as possible and hope that someone will do it. They constantly change the rate at which they pay you.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Low pay

One week in, so far...

So far so good (ish). Just finished my first week working for InstaCart. Total of 14 batches over the course of 4 days. Pay worked out to just over $20/hour. However this doesn't take in to account the literal hours you spend on the app trying to get that first batch of the day. I echo most reviews...this would be a great part time gig, but far too stressful if it's your only source of income. So far after 14 batches I am still a 5 star shopper. I did receive one 3 star rating (forgiven), of course no reason provided, however I know it's because Walmart did not have any corn on the cob. It's ridiculous that we are rated based on something we literally have NO control over. In any case I'll continue on this road until I find something better.

Pros

Make your own hours, fairly easy work

Cons

Rating system is a joke

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8