Instacart Shoppers
View all Instacart Shoppers reviews

Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Review

you pay more for gas

They don't pay for travel or insurance. you wait for jobs and they aren't guaranteed work. customer service is hard to work along side with and often their application would crash. timing is important but they don't count for real world timing of what it is like to shop in a busy store.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

A lot of issues of the whole system app.

Their system doesn’t work well , and it’s completely in the favour of the buyers. It would work just for the students who are looking for a little financial helps.

Pros

Flexible time of the work.

Cons

Very very low time wage might be possible!!!
Same role

On your own time but underpaid

Instacart started decent. It's now turned into an underpaid, overworked gig. You are at the mercy of customers mood. If you are rated anything lower then 5 stars you aren't able to see as much work and in turn don't make as much money. The money you make does not balance out between wear and tear, gas or your time, plus having to pay your own taxes at the end of the year. The support staff are completely unaware of anything going on and spend alot of time copy and pasting their responses. You are better off finding a facebook group with other shoppers if you need actual help. You get the hit if the store is out of stock of product (between tip reductions and customer complaints). Their app updates many times do not help the app and instead end up lagging or completely crashing their own service. Work skip the dishes instead. Its less work and in the end the pay comes out higher.

Pros

You make your own schedule

Cons

Long hours, low pay, miserable customers, unhelpful support staff
Same location

Horrible$! Do not do it

Their claim in 740 a week is ludicrous!!i worked hard and actually cared about my work and customer feedback... yet the company still screwed me when I went on vacation....i had a 4.96 customer satisfaction rating out of 5 and almost always got a five star rating because i went above and beyond. This company has something called early access which gives you first choice and to choose hours. If you are not on it at the exact minute nothing left for you to get. ... I kept early access by working a minimum of 25 hours over a three week period. When i went on vacation for 2 weeks it wouldn’t let me block off the week even though the rep said it would be fine and all would be good. EVEN with early access you will MAX make 130 a day but that’s if you work a 12 hour day... you do the math. This company is a joke. Not only am I going to tell everybody I know that it is completely horrible and not worth it but they do not value people who actually care enough about the customers like myself. The time limits are completely unrealistic and the customer support staff is a joke. They were all outsourced and had no training.. so if you had an issue good luck finding anybody useful to help. For example one day my i accidentally delivered when the delivery was not complete, and i called right away to ask them to give the address info and it literally took the rep 15 minutes to find the address; all the while the groceries were melting. Do yourself a favour and don’t out yourself through this .... You will make less than minimum wage... oh and that’s on a good Day. This company will not -

Pros

Cons

Stress, no reward for effort, horrible pay, horrible customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8