Instacart Shoppers
Happiness score is 55 out of 100
View all Instacart Shoppers reviews

Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Review

Working for less than minimum wage

Pay structure used to be great. Now the pay is less thank minimum wage and they change it without notice. You are Using your own vehicle and the driving distances with the double and triple orders are ridiculous. Lots of wear and tear on your vehicle. I used to love working as an Independent contractor because of the flexibility. Now you are heavily dependent on the generosity from customers tips to earn anything decent. No longer sustainable as a full time gig. Eg. Instacart pays $10 to drive to the store, shop for 50+ items and then deliver to the customer. This can take 1.5 hours depending on the customers location and your proximity to the store. They no longer pay for kilometres. The new CEO is pushing this company into the ground and it’s being felt by both shoppers and customers alike. This job is for the desperate and they know that and fully take advantage.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Long hours for less than min wage

1.0Job security/advancement

Less than minimum wage

I worked retail when I was younger, but I have never seen so much corruption on the side of the customer. Even if you think you're doing a great job, customers can report you for completely false accusations. You're then stuck with it on your rating record.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Skimpy pay, corrupt customer base, poor rating system

Awful company

Instacart is an awful company. I must admit I was beyond excited to work for them, and it would have been really good for my bank account if it worked the way it was suppose to. They set you up with an apple pay card to begin before you get your physical card, however the number to verify it is disconnected. I did an entire shop (3 customers) it took me 2 hours, when I got to the till the card would not work. It took me 20 minutes to even figure out how to contact customer service. All of their numbers are out of service and once I found the text chat they were no help. Basically either I paid hundreds of dollars for the orders myself, to be reimbursed in min 7 days, or I give up the order and someone else does it. So I wasted 2 hours, and lost $40. I DO NOT recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

long hours, no customer service
Same role

They care less about employees

Bad rating system which makes you earn less, they don’t seem to recognize the efforts of the shoppers. It was fair at the beginning but down the line…… it’s a no no

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.2Job security/advancement

Compare Instacart Shoppers with

• Instacart Shoppers
  • Working for less than minimum wage