Instacart Shoppers
View all Instacart Shoppers reviews

Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Review

Time management is crucial. Being well oriented is important

Shopping became serious while serving the customer. The product availability is an obstacles to finish on time grabbing the lists though in some stores it is easy to visualize the organization.

Pros

Accepting your own batches at your ease with no supervision.

Cons

Low compensation for full shoppers.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Wouldn't reccomend

At Instacart you are a "independant contractor", meaning everything you make isn't taxed yet and so if you take that in account plus gas you generally end up making less than minimum wage depending on the day. It also puts a lot more wear & tear on your car. On the bright side, as a contractor you are your own boss; you can (in theory) work whenever you want, for however long you want. However, that must be taken with a grain of salt because at times there will be no jobs in your area depending on your location. You can also see what each job pays, how many items it will be and how long it should take before you accept them so you can wait for the "good" ones if you want to. Overall I wouldn't reccomend attempting to do this as a full time job to support a family or anyhthing, as most of the time the pay that is shown to you is nearly halfed by taxes and gas (at least in my experience). I would recommend it to someone who a) has a very reliable car that will not be expensive to service (i.e. older model civics or corollas), and b) already has a full-time job, or doesn't need to independently support a household.

Pros

You get to work whenever you want, in a refrigerated store then you can drive your car and listen to music, you can earn credits towards your own deliveries

Cons

Long hours for good pay
Same role

It WAS good

If you are signing up for instacart end of Aug 21, the avegae pay is about 10$ per hour. Only rarlely you can get decent paying jobs(if customer leave a good tip). If you are new then it will take longer to shop. The only benefit is that your brain is engaged. Otherwise right now its instantslavery.

Pros

You are getting those steps

Cons

Slavery
Same roleSame location

Doing Instacart for almost 3 yrs.

Well since Instacart has been in Canada for almost 3 years it has gone downhill in the way they pay the independent contractor. I am not even able to get any decent orders anymore and yet I should be seniority as opposed to new people just signing on to do the work. They’ve added more stores but took away the quality bonus. I am now having to go out and apply for other jobs to make the income that I used to make with Instacart. Very very sad as I loved doing the job.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Low pay on orders or no orders when star rating is low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8