Instacart Shoppers logo
View all Instacart Shoppers reviews

Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Review

One week in, so far...

So far so good (ish). Just finished my first week working for InstaCart. Total of 14 batches over the course of 4 days. Pay worked out to just over $20/hour. However this doesn't take in to account the literal hours you spend on the app trying to get that first batch of the day. I echo most reviews...this would be a great part time gig, but far too stressful if it's your only source of income. So far after 14 batches I am still a 5 star shopper. I did receive one 3 star rating (forgiven), of course no reason provided, however I know it's because Walmart did not have any corn on the cob. It's ridiculous that we are rated based on something we literally have NO control over. In any case I'll continue on this road until I find something better.

Pros

Make your own hours, fairly easy work

Cons

Rating system is a joke

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Time management is crucial. Being well oriented is important

Shopping became serious while serving the customer. The product availability is an obstacles to finish on time grabbing the lists though in some stores it is easy to visualize the organization.

Pros

Accepting your own batches at your ease with no supervision.

Cons

Low compensation for full shoppers.

This company can't last

There is no way a company run like this can survive. The only people making money are the stores and the CEO of Instacart. It's one of the worst things I've ever done in life.

Pros

Cons

everything

Underpaid

Based on my experience, for a $20 worth of order without a tip, you will pick up 20 items or more, I spent two hours to get it done. Meaning $10bucks an hour, what about my gasoline, lucky if there’s a tip then it will make it even.

Pros

Work on your own time

Cons

Big tips, max earning $200 for 10hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.1Job security/advancement

Compare Instacart Shoppers with

• Instacart Shoppers
  • One week in, so far...