Instacart Shoppers
View all Instacart Shoppers reviews

Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Review

Ok money if you work really long days

I really liked instacart at first but as I worked longer and longer the issues with this company and app started to really get to me. First of all, the rating system for work. Its all good until some random gives you a 1 star for no reason and no explanation then you spend hours on the app trying to not get dropped by support. Everyday they tell you something different and every support specialist handles you differently and does more or less depending on who you get. They told us months ago customers could not leave below 5 stars without an explanation but here we are months later and still this has not happened.

Pros

Make Money, Flexible

Cons

Stress, No support, High mileage on your vehicle, very monotonous, company only cares about money so your just a number

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Wouldn't reccomend

At Instacart you are a "independant contractor", meaning everything you make isn't taxed yet and so if you take that in account plus gas you generally end up making less than minimum wage depending on the day. It also puts a lot more wear & tear on your car. On the bright side, as a contractor you are your own boss; you can (in theory) work whenever you want, for however long you want. However, that must be taken with a grain of salt because at times there will be no jobs in your area depending on your location. You can also see what each job pays, how many items it will be and how long it should take before you accept them so you can wait for the "good" ones if you want to. Overall I wouldn't reccomend attempting to do this as a full time job to support a family or anyhthing, as most of the time the pay that is shown to you is nearly halfed by taxes and gas (at least in my experience). I would recommend it to someone who a) has a very reliable car that will not be expensive to service (i.e. older model civics or corollas), and b) already has a full-time job, or doesn't need to independently support a household.

Pros

You get to work whenever you want, in a refrigerated store then you can drive your car and listen to music, you can earn credits towards your own deliveries

Cons

Long hours for good pay
Same role

It WAS good

If you are signing up for instacart end of Aug 21, the avegae pay is about 10$ per hour. Only rarlely you can get decent paying jobs(if customer leave a good tip). If you are new then it will take longer to shop. The only benefit is that your brain is engaged. Otherwise right now its instantslavery.

Pros

You are getting those steps

Cons

Slavery
Same location

Frustrating

Interview process super easy no experience necessary no references necessary gave basic information allowed them to do criminal record check. Never able to speak to an actual human being any problems I am left standing in its store texting messages back and forth. Pay was great in the beginning over the last year and a half it has gone down down with no explanation and good honest breakdown of payment to a point where I'm more likely spending $ not coming out ahead the only way to really come out ahead now is if you accept an order because you're already at a grocery store and it is close by for delivery. When gas prices increased instacart still only gave shopper /delivery workers $0.40 per kilometer at times you would look to see how many kilometers before accepting a batch and if we're okay accept you'd accept the batch then come to find kilometers were actually more.

Pros

Like a scavenger hunt, doesn't feel like work, good to be helping others

Cons

Forever changing without explanation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.1Job security/advancement

Compare Instacart Shoppers with

• Instacart Shoppers
  • Ok money if you work really long days
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?