Instacart Shoppers
View all Instacart Shoppers reviews

Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Review

Instacart

The app is easy to understand install which is good. The layout over is well displayed, but the payout is terrible. This is not Ideal or promising at all. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Customer service sucks it does not get back to you with requires to meet the need of the employee. The promised hourly rate is never received upon doing the hours that is required. Do not look into wasting or investing your time into this company it’s not worth the time.

Pros

Cons

No payout & bad costumer service

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Less than minimum wage

I worked retail when I was younger, but I have never seen so much corruption on the side of the customer. Even if you think you're doing a great job, customers can report you for completely false accusations. You're then stuck with it on your rating record.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Skimpy pay, corrupt customer base, poor rating system
Same role

Awful company

Instacart is an awful company. I must admit I was beyond excited to work for them, and it would have been really good for my bank account if it worked the way it was suppose to. They set you up with an apple pay card to begin before you get your physical card, however the number to verify it is disconnected. I did an entire shop (3 customers) it took me 2 hours, when I got to the till the card would not work. It took me 20 minutes to even figure out how to contact customer service. All of their numbers are out of service and once I found the text chat they were no help. Basically either I paid hundreds of dollars for the orders myself, to be reimbursed in min 7 days, or I give up the order and someone else does it. So I wasted 2 hours, and lost $40. I DO NOT recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

long hours, no customer service
Same roleSame location

Wouldn't reccomend

At Instacart you are a "independant contractor", meaning everything you make isn't taxed yet and so if you take that in account plus gas you generally end up making less than minimum wage depending on the day. It also puts a lot more wear & tear on your car. On the bright side, as a contractor you are your own boss; you can (in theory) work whenever you want, for however long you want. However, that must be taken with a grain of salt because at times there will be no jobs in your area depending on your location. You can also see what each job pays, how many items it will be and how long it should take before you accept them so you can wait for the "good" ones if you want to. Overall I wouldn't reccomend attempting to do this as a full time job to support a family or anyhthing, as most of the time the pay that is shown to you is nearly halfed by taxes and gas (at least in my experience). I would recommend it to someone who a) has a very reliable car that will not be expensive to service (i.e. older model civics or corollas), and b) already has a full-time job, or doesn't need to independently support a household.

Pros

You get to work whenever you want, in a refrigerated store then you can drive your car and listen to music, you can earn credits towards your own deliveries

Cons

Long hours for good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9