Instacart Shoppers logo
View all Instacart Shoppers reviews

Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Review

Instacart delivery driver

Great company to work for if you need a flexible job especially in a pandemic, however there is no security with Instacart. I’ve worked with them since the very first day they started in Toronto over 3 years ago and always did my best to deliver on time, provide excellent customer service, and pick the best possible items for the customer. I would literally go above and beyond for my customers, However due the pandemic I feel that a lot of customers became dishonest and claimed they did not receive their orders. Due to this I was deactivated suddenly while in the process of delivering an order. I tried to explain and provide proof for all deliveries but they did not accept any of my appeals. Please have a back up plan and understand that these gig jobs are temporary. You may be loyal to them, but they are not loyal to you, because you can be very easily replaced.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No job security

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

On your own time but underpaid

Instacart started decent. It's now turned into an underpaid, overworked gig. You are at the mercy of customers mood. If you are rated anything lower then 5 stars you aren't able to see as much work and in turn don't make as much money. The money you make does not balance out between wear and tear, gas or your time, plus having to pay your own taxes at the end of the year. The support staff are completely unaware of anything going on and spend alot of time copy and pasting their responses. You are better off finding a facebook group with other shoppers if you need actual help. You get the hit if the store is out of stock of product (between tip reductions and customer complaints). Their app updates many times do not help the app and instead end up lagging or completely crashing their own service. Work skip the dishes instead. Its less work and in the end the pay comes out higher.

Pros

You make your own schedule

Cons

Long hours, low pay, miserable customers, unhelpful support staff
Same role

Good casual/part time job

It’s a good job for extra cash, wouldn’t recommend having it as a full time job. Lots of driving and if you’re lucky you will get decent pay. Very competitive, first come first serve for each batch. Half the time you don’t get a tip.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No definite tips
Same location

An addiction, not a job

Constantly stressing about ratings. Unfair access to loads are based on the rating system. You have to be glued to your phone for hours to catch a good order. Once you do start getting good orders, you get addicted and it's very hard to stop for the day. The company does not care about its workers at all. We are an expendable commodity to them, and any feedback we give is ignored at best. Instacart only cares about profits.Do not fall into this trap unless you are truly desperate for income.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, addictive work, metrics reduce income, apathetic corporation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8