Instacart Shoppers
View all Instacart Shoppers reviews

Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Review

Fraud company, poor help center. Zero knowledge

I recently became a shopper with insta cart and my first order was a batch order of 3 orders. I had paid almost 600 dollars from my pocket as the google pay did not wrk. The help line told me submit the receipt for reimbursement which I did. I got paid only for one order of $224.00 but remaining 2 orders they have been constantly declining and declined with reason like unable to verify. No phone number and no live person can call u. This is horrendous and I have lost 280 dollars of my money. This is the greatest mistake of my.life. Please do not join Insta cart and never pay from ur pocket they will never give the money.

Same role

Wouldn't reccomend

At Instacart you are a "independant contractor", meaning everything you make isn't taxed yet and so if you take that in account plus gas you generally end up making less than minimum wage depending on the day. It also puts a lot more wear & tear on your car. On the bright side, as a contractor you are your own boss; you can (in theory) work whenever you want, for however long you want. However, that must be taken with a grain of salt because at times there will be no jobs in your area depending on your location. You can also see what each job pays, how many items it will be and how long it should take before you accept them so you can wait for the "good" ones if you want to. Overall I wouldn't reccomend attempting to do this as a full time job to support a family or anyhthing, as most of the time the pay that is shown to you is nearly halfed by taxes and gas (at least in my experience). I would recommend it to someone who a) has a very reliable car that will not be expensive to service (i.e. older model civics or corollas), and b) already has a full-time job, or doesn't need to independently support a household.

Pros

You get to work whenever you want, in a refrigerated store then you can drive your car and listen to music, you can earn credits towards your own deliveries

Cons

Long hours for good pay
Same role

It WAS good

If you are signing up for instacart end of Aug 21, the avegae pay is about 10$ per hour. Only rarlely you can get decent paying jobs(if customer leave a good tip). If you are new then it will take longer to shop. The only benefit is that your brain is engaged. Otherwise right now its instantslavery.

Pros

You are getting those steps

Cons

Slavery
Same location

Not a Great Place to Work

Instacart doesn't care about it's workers. They try and pay you as little as possible and hope that someone will do it. They constantly change the rate at which they pay you.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8