Instacart Shoppers
Coronavirus update
Information from Instacart Shoppers:

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews

Canada61 reviews
I did register as a shopper, hoping to earn a few extra dollars. But so far it has been disappointing.
Rate of pay is quite low - 2 hrs work earning less than $30.

While the job itself is easy it seems like a lot of hassle for the money.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
low pay with little support
I compliant to Instacart management about the extremely low pay and low rewards for using my car. Instacart ignored the issues of their shoppers and instead constantly advertise for more drivers. Instacart only care about making money using drivers for their business instead of treating shoppers with respect.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Extremely low pay. Waste of gas and time
People are using bots to auto accept batches. I have comlained many time but Instacart doesn’t care. All they care is about making money and filling their own pockets. I wake up at 6 and sit with the phone in one hand till 6 in the evening so i can get a batch. All i get is left over when the cheaters are tired. Let me mention that I am one of the top rated shoppers in my region. People are also using multiple accounts but the Instacart doesn’t care about its own policies
Pros
None until they start caring about us
Cons
Cheating shoppers.
Good Pt work. Good hrs. Must have fuel efficient car. Like to shop. Customers are friendly. Must be able to pick out good stock and able to weight out produce and deli meats.
Get to know about different products out there in stores and makes it easy to find products after a week. people who want to start store jobs must try this first they would get to know more about store
I recommend instacart as a side job. My major issue is just with SOME customers. sometimes, though rarely a customer Mark's an item as " missing,  when they haven't been charged for an item,  someone says I prefer this item as a replacement,  you get it and customer tags it as " Wrong". I dont think the issues are addressed, cause you send your report on the item with no response.  When issues have been sorted it should be taken off ones profile. By the way just so you know, you are not guaranteed batches.  It's more like who picks it first.
Okay when the system is down they tell you that they will not pay the tip since the tip was unassigned. Should the shopper struggle because hoping to be tipped and not be paid? Can’t instacart correct this than them telling you sorry we can’t pay the full amount? Please don’t rob the struggling shopper or don’t post the tip if it’s not a guarantee.
no body cares if you do good or bad, there is no priority for experience shopper. they will keep introducing new shoppers in your area until to the point of saturation where they dont have to give you extra incentive to work both in value per batch or number of order to choose from. there is always bottom feeders taking order with ZERO tips and ZERO boost...

the more shoppers the less they pay; the more delivery per batch the less they pay.

the shopper's app are full of bugs. server error 500 / 502 are not uncommon, it might last for mins or hours while you are working. address might not be accurate so as pay. some support staff are great but most dont care... just too much. let me know if you disagree...

ohhh....for 17-22 per hour as a contractor??? no other benefit, use your own car, fuel, no insurance for you nor your vehicle equals to below minimum wage...but bottom feeders will always do it for 8-14 per hour or less...
Worked for 3 hours made $25 no including gas and expenses and taxes. It shouldn’t even be legal. Pay is well below the minimum wage that’s including tips. Without tips it would be even worse. It should be illegal what they’re getting away with. Not paying there employees fair.
This company charge customer allot, but the don’t pay there shoppers enough.

You need to work 7 days a week 10 hours a day to make a living. This company use your assets (car) to make money. And they pay you penny.
I enjoyed working with instacart it is great getting paid once a week and the rate of pay for the hours put in is great there support staff is easy to work with also.
Just a few weeks ago they changed the way the program worked. Prior to the change they would send out shift hours and you would chose which worked for you and as you completed your shifts you would get more seniority. Now the shifts have changed and instead of it being made by specific shifts, they randomly send you orders and if you don't accept them then you are put on like a "black list" and you never have the chance to complete any orders, unless every single person ahead of you says no to the order (which can be dozens) and even so its sent out randomly. I find this ridiculous because this is suppose to be a chance at earning some additional money not a steady job and if once you deny an order they put you on this black list then you never have the chance of earring that additional cash. They should simply hire people for permanent positions or release the order for absolutely everyone in the area and whoever is the first to answer gets the order.
I've worked instacart full time for about 3 months now and I've decided to move on simply due to unreliability of hours. $60 for an hour's work is nice but It's hard to guarantee enough hours to live. Great money as a side gig or for a student if you can swing the good orders. I'll definitely continue working orders occasionally when I get another full time gig.
Pros
Freedom to work when you please
Cons
Inconsistent Frequency of Hours
This is a great job
very independent work when you want

you can take on as much or as little

only complaint is customer cannot recommend you personally

lots of long driving distances with no pay

gas to earnings sometime not the best

overall a great job easy to do
Time frames are sometimes not long enough to complete the order, driving distances are sometimes to far for too little money. I wish I could respond to some of the customer complaints because some of them bold face lie.
I use Instacart to supplement my family's income. Work isn't always guaranteed. There are slow times. Pay isn't great, it ranges from $7 to up to $75 per job, but the larger paying jobs are rare. If you're able to commit and like to shop and drive you could make a decent amount of money.

Not great if you don't have a fuel efficient vehicle. You'd end up spending more on gas than you're earning.
I didn't expect this to be a high paying job so I wasn't disappointed. However, it can be a decently paying job if you if you work fast and manage yourself in an efficient matter. I am able to make above minimum wage. I would say $16-$18 an hour.

People will complain that there are no hours, but if you pick up hours at the right time (you will have to research the best time) then hours are not an issue.

Overall a decent job.
Typical day at work is hectic, if you want to earn good.
A good customer service is needed.

Management is ok to work with.

Hardest is to get work done from customer care person at a fast pace. They are really slow.

you can earn as much as you want if yo are working in a good area.
They under pay per job. They treat employees like garbage. They only good thing is your own boss but it’s not worth working for them. The most a week I made it’s barely $300.00 and that’s beyond 40 hours a week
You get to pick your own hours, how often u want to work and if you work often enough it can be better then a minimum wage full time job. Super flexible,casual and honestly fun! I was nervous at first but am soooo glad that I went through with it! I made $200 in 2 days only working 3 hours a day that’s very good if I ask me:) good luck!
Since starting with Instacart they have made multiple changes to Shoppers earnings making it so we barely make enough to survive while they make big bucks including taking away bonuses, lowering per order payments and lowering the minimum tip amount customers are to pay as well as allowing customers to cancel tips once orders are shopped and delivered regardless of great quality of service
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7