Instacart Shoppers
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews

Hard work, very fast paced with horrible pay. You dont make enough to live off if unless you have no life and can work all the time to make up for it. Lots of competition.
Pros
Work when you want, take a break when you want.
Cons
Not paid enough for travel time and shopping.
Good place to work and develop communication skills. Working in a self-the paced environment helps to develop pro-active skills and customer service improvement.
Constantly stressing about ratings. Unfair access to loads are based on the rating system. You have to be glued to your phone for hours to catch a good order. Once you do start getting good orders, you get addicted and it's very hard to stop for the day. The company does not care about its workers at all. We are an expendable commodity to them, and any feedback we give is ignored at best. Instacart only cares about profits.Do not fall into this trap unless you are truly desperate for income.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, addictive work, metrics reduce income, apathetic corporation
They never care what you think. The only thing they care is setting barriers for you! You cannot get any help from the service support. They didn’t nothing but waste your time.
Pros
Earn some money
Cons
no matter how good you are, you are paid under minimum wedge, no benifits of doing work, they have hired so many people - you do not get even sufficient shift, management is greedy
Do not join this slowly eroding work factory that pays you for 1/2 your actual mileage, provides very elementary support and sees customer service as something to be managed, rather than done well. While people literally risk their lives providing this service, Instacart has flooded larger cities with shoppers who now battle it out for diminishing orders. Their shopper rating algorithm is flawed in that only one or two reviews of less than perfect can cost a shopper thousands of dollars in lost orders. Undependable.
Pros
You are on your own schedule
Cons
Long hours and poor overall compensation.
They don’t care about a people who work for this company no good communication and they didn’t do a investigation about some of the clients that lied about to non received their groceries they are preferred to get that for free and instatcart can deactivated your account easily don’t even try to do a good communication with you.They are treated people with no value.I never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Longue hour
Great company to work for if you need a flexible job especially in a pandemic, however there is no security with Instacart. I’ve worked with them since the very first day they started in Toronto over 3 years ago and always did my best to deliver on time, provide excellent customer service, and pick the best possible items for the customer. I would literally go above and beyond for my customers, However due the pandemic I feel that a lot of customers became dishonest and claimed they did not receive their orders. Due to this I was deactivated suddenly while in the process of delivering an order. I tried to explain and provide proof for all deliveries but they did not accept any of my appeals. Please have a back up plan and understand that these gig jobs are temporary. You may be loyal to them, but they are not loyal to you, because you can be very easily replaced.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No job security
Not good enough if you want to make a lot of money in the earlier days it use to be good but instacart increase they shoppers population an after not enough jobs for all shoppers
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Not good paying very little appreciate for your effort from your customers
Took them a month to decide. Worst company to work for. Would never recommend to anyone. JUST STAY AWAY from this company. They are scammers from another part of the world.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Excellent place to work for people who: like to work alone, prefer not to deal with lots of customers, like to drive/deliver and like to shop! I suggest this job to anyone I know who needs a little (or a lot depending on how much you work) extra cash! It's amazing for an extra job on the side to pick up a few orders, or work 20 hours a week like me and rely on it for my income! I love doing it!
Pros
Freelance, customers appreciate your work, not working with lots of people in the public, feels good to help those who cannot get their own groceries, like shopping but you get paid for it!, you can wear whatever you'd like and even listen to music, after a while you become familiar with the store workers and they will become more friendly with you, excellent employee services/chat help - they basically have a solution to every problem
Cons
Hard to get batches over certain amounts because some workers have "batch stealing bots", some days are not as busy so less money can be made, can get lonely with no coworkers!
The review system needs to be overhauled. The customer can give you a one-star and mark down that you didn't find all the items they wanted even though that's out of your control most of time when the store is sold out of something customers don't care and they still give you a lower StarsHow my card was deactivated due to an alleged glitch and now I have been able to instacart in almost a month and I'm getting nowhere with them.No answers no help nothing whatsoever.So don't rely upon this job as a maintenance source of income because if something goes wrong they will not help you.
Pros
Work when I want
Cons
Completely horrible support for shoppers
People lie to get free groceries and Instacart punishes for it, allowing low ratings that cut your income. They don’t respect shoppers, or value your work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Everything. Hard work. Low payment. Your work won’t be value by the company.
Well since Instacart has been in Canada for almost 3 years it has gone downhill in the way they pay the independent contractor. I am not even able to get any decent orders anymore and yet I should be seniority as opposed to new people just signing on to do the work. They’ve added more stores but took away the quality bonus. I am now having to go out and apply for other jobs to make the income that I used to make with Instacart. Very very sad as I loved doing the job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay on orders or no orders when star rating is low
Theyre deactivating accounts without give shopper any truly explanation! Looks like tricks to ahoppers ! Theyre not really comunicating and sometimes helpless
Pros
Alternwtibe income
Cons
Payment starts get less when its more than 200 batches finelized
Instacart doesn't care about it's workers. They try and pay you as little as possible and hope that someone will do it. They constantly change the rate at which they pay you.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low pay
So far so good (ish). Just finished my first week working for InstaCart. Total of 14 batches over the course of 4 days. Pay worked out to just over $20/hour. However this doesn't take in to account the literal hours you spend on the app trying to get that first batch of the day. I echo most reviews...this would be a great part time gig, but far too stressful if it's your only source of income. So far after 14 batches I am still a 5 star shopper. I did receive one 3 star rating (forgiven), of course no reason provided, however I know it's because Walmart did not have any corn on the cob. It's ridiculous that we are rated based on something we literally have NO control over. In any case I'll continue on this road until I find something better.
Pros
Make your own hours, fairly easy work
Cons
Rating system is a joke
I signed up for Instacart about a year ago, at first my area was not busy at all, therefore I wasn’t making money and stopped. Since Covid everyone in my area has been doing online groceries so I started about a month ago and it’s busy all day everyday. The pay is what you want it to be, work longer, pick up batches that benefit you, amount, distance and product knowledge and location are key.
Pros
Working on your own time, A lot of customers tip well
Cons
Delivering to apartments and industrial areas
I recently became a shopper with insta cart and my first order was a batch order of 3 orders. I had paid almost 600 dollars from my pocket as the google pay did not wrk. The help line told me submit the receipt for reimbursement which I did. I got paid only for one order of $224.00 but remaining 2 orders they have been constantly declining and declined with reason like unable to verify. No phone number and no live person can call u. This is horrendous and I have lost 280 dollars of my money. This is the greatest mistake of my.life. Please do not join Insta cart and never pay from ur pocket they will never give the money.
I was hired on as an in-store shopper in February before the pandemic hit, this seemed like a fantastic job for me as a full time studdnt - the company promised that you would be in full control of your schedule and you could work as much or as little as you wanted. There were big errors in the company, you were unable to go-to the washroom during your shift. Management happened remotely so most problems would have to be solved by you. And each action you did was fined. They poached the full time employee from our in store shopping team to become management, she began to breath down everyone's neck and refer to us as robot's. I was ready to look past this poor management when an email was released stating we had to give a MINIMUM of 20 hours a week availability with 12 of those hours falling in Saturday, Sunday or Monday. They told us this on August 25th , after I had selected back to back Monday classes for my school semester. When I brought this up to management they asked me to resign. Terrible company that does not respect humans lol. Don't work here
Pros
Can't think of one.
Cons
You are apart of an algorithm
I really liked instacart at first but as I worked longer and longer the issues with this company and app started to really get to me. First of all, the rating system for work. Its all good until some random gives you a 1 star for no reason and no explanation then you spend hours on the app trying to not get dropped by support. Everyday they tell you something different and every support specialist handles you differently and does more or less depending on who you get. They told us months ago customers could not leave below 5 stars without an explanation but here we are months later and still this has not happened.
Pros
Make Money, Flexible
Cons
Stress, No support, High mileage on your vehicle, very monotonous, company only cares about money so your just a number
  1. Employee reviews