Instacart Shoppers

Instacart Shoppers Employee Reviews

Canada146 reviews

Found 146 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,347 reviews

no batches available

how can you work when there is literally no batches available... the company has failed its shoppers by hiring too much of them but not caring as much on customer services for actual customers who order. I sometimes wait in the walmart/superstore parking lot for 2 hours waiting for an order that is worth my time. In most orders, you will get approximately $10 per hour which is still below the Canadian minimum wage. It is better to work at other app gig jobs like doordash/uber where you can get a few orders in an hour. On Wednesdays-Fridays, expect to not get a single order from 12pm-3pm. The only good thing about this job is sometimes you will get really lucky about big orders and how you can start and finish taking batches whenever you want.

Underpaid, overworked, next to no chance of a good day's work

Every time I launch the app and go online, it's a roulette game trying to find a good batch (work order). Either they go halfway across the province, or are too large to fit in my car, or are absolutely not worth the money paid. There are workers who apparently utilize third-party programs to swipe jobs before they even show up on the list. This job is far too competitive for what it is worth, I don't even get enough to survive.

Pros

Work on your own time

Cons

Barely any work. Jobs that do show up pay beans for the total time spent.

Deactivated account

ABSOLUTELY A TERRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. I got my account deactivated with no explanation on what went wrong with a customer. I followed every instruction and was a 5 star shopper. Instacart has terrible customer service and are rude and ignorant towards shoppers, when I worked my butt off to provide excellent services to every customer under their company. I will be transferring to another grocery shopper company. If I could rate them 0 star I would. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO NO ONE.

Cons

Poor pay, horrible management, rude

Flexible work

It’s good for earning extra income when you are free. The work is flexible. You are your own boss. Only con is they pay less for delivery fee according to fuel prices increasing

Keeps u busy if u don't have a job that works for ur babies school hours

It's hard to find work instacart is the place but if people don't see it the way we do.. it becomes harder wit no vehicle . Instacart is great! Make $,

Convenient

Better then a minimum wage job but expenses of gas and car problems add up. They have pretty good promotions sometimes but don’t forget to put away savings for tax season

Good but rating system is horrible

You can be a great shopper , with a 5 star rating but that only makes for problems. They reward lower star ratings more then higher star rating The system is flawed but explained to me by an customer service representative this is the reason Lower star shoppers have access to more batches for the chance to improve their rating over all As a higher rated shopper you have access to less batches but to customers who have had great experience on the platform The one problem os you have to sit and stare at your phone for ever and jobs will flash within seconds , the batch pay os not the best and with rising cost of gas it’s nearly impossible to balance the books

Easy way to make money, flexible hours you choose

Definitely not a job for people that cannot deal with fast-paced environments. Choose when you work and what batches you accept. Paid weekly. Self gratification from being able to manage your time and the workers in participating stores are always kind to help out. Taxing could be implemented so you don't have to do it yourself. Otherwise, love this company!

Pros

Paid weekly, tips.

Cons

Wait times for batches can be long.

Treatment of Shoppers.

While I appreciate the fact that instacart is helping a lot of family either as a shopper or a customer, the company should be magnums enough with the shoppers. Shoppers are not treated fairly at all, we shoppers suffer from both ends. In most cases, instacart as organization tends to exploit the shoppers by appropriating very ridiculous pay to batches. There’s no standard rates for batches either by distance or by weight or by number of items. The most annoying aspect is by using the ridiculous ratings of a nasty/rude (hard to satisfy) customer to determine the actual performance of a very good and excellent shopper thereby limiting his access to batches, which frustrates such a hard working shopper.Ratings of customers should not be used as measures to access batches especially to juicy batches, everyone should have equal access to batches or by rate of acceptance of batches. Batches can be posted to a shopper and if he doesn’t accept within 60secs should be passed to next available shopper in that location.

Pros

Flexibility.

Cons

Not certain or guaranteed.

Unreliable, but generally easy.

Better for supplementary income in your spare time. Doesn't pay well consistently, tips very volatile. Not always functional, or no orders show up while others are still getting them, but you're 5 star & they're <4 star...App design is lacking, showing that people in charge are out of touch with Shoppers.

Pros

Flexible.

Cons

Unreliable.

Good side job

Batches are pretty inconsistent some days are a lot busier than others. You work when you want which is a plus. Batches with a lot of items can take awhile to complete

Overall Average

Not the worst company to work for. Really enjoyed it during the beginning then they decreased pay significantly. Super flexible but no guaranteed work.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Non-guaranteed hours

Flexibility

You work on your own time and pace. You choose what orders you want to do. It is transparent about the distance to travel, location of pick up and drop off.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Inconsistent days

Literally, I can't find anything good to say about Instacart.

The whole process is half backed, and so many things can go wrong and does go wrong on the long run. The communication is only text based and takes very long to get (if) solved. If there is a loss in the process, the policies makes the shopper to be the looser even if the shopper does a perfect job and all 5 star ratings. At the end you don't really make any money, at best may be half the minimum wage assuming your car doesn't cause extra cost, which will do on the long run. The app doesn't work properly.

Pros

Choice of work time, at the cost of having no/less orders

Cons

No real income, Car usage increases cost, No real support, Customers can be dishonest, Wasted time everywhere when you wait and search, The need to use of Mobile data and long battery usage, The app has lots of bugs and is not adequate for the task.

Love the job and flexibility, pay is TOO LOW. Simply impossible!

When I started doing Instacart I loved it. And I still do! But soon I realized that the pay is absolutely not fair. So, no matter how much I loved it, I simply cannot anymore. If you consider all the time, effort, and expenses that YOU have to cover (car insurance, gas, etc.) it is absolutely not worth it.It is good if you have literally no other option, like me when I started, or if you love it and do it as a side gig. I would LOVE it to be my full-time job, I actually got ready for that, bought good cooler bags, a WAGON to carry the products, I tried to be very professional, but unfortunately, there is also not much demand in my area. And when there is demand, usually the pay is disappointing, I do it more for fun and a bit extra money. It is practically impossible to rely on that. Also, it is super frustrating seeing people working in pairs while you are doing a huge batch by yourself, it is not fair.

Pros

Flexibility, no boss.

Cons

Unfair pay, too much work, and expenses for little compensation

As a shopper you will have flexible time to manage your day, its a nice job

Insta cart is good company to work with, its a freelance job that you cn relay on your efforts to earn.you ahve to maintin good customer sastifaction in addtion on being organized and delivering on time.

Cons

Carrying very heavy weights sometimes, and the job requires a lot walking around 6 hours a day which can very healthy. In additon, to a lot of driving.

Waste your time

Doesnt worth it . Company never support their workers. You are working with your own. Customers are liar. You chose the batches then they cancel tips with no reason.

Fast-paced, fun yet stressful environment to shop for groceries for your customers at select stores.

The job in itself was a good experience, I never thought I would’ve enjoyed grocery shopping but overall it was an awesome part-time job. Only issues I have is the pay. Very difficult to make good money the day of as you spend half if not more (in my case) of your earnings on fueling up. A lot of customers don’t tip, especially orders where their house is 20km away from the store which isn’t worth the orders pay whatsoever due to high gas consumption.

Pros

Flexible, work when you want (literally), fun environment.

Cons

Pay is in no way enough, App glitchy and at times very slow, Shopping list is confusing and disorganized, Overall not a dependent job sadly.

shoppers

over all ok for a gig workPart time job onlyToo much uncertain about the income Some day higher some day nothingSometime customer are not that niceMost of time customer are very nice especially the elder

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Income are not that stable Depends on how fast you grab the batch

Relaxed place to work.

Being a shopper is a relaxed experience. Take a few orders, make a little cash on the side.If you do it full time, then you will be stressed because it can be difficult to make enough money.

Pros

Easy job. Shopping and driving.

Cons

Pay depends on the area. Bigger cities have more orders, and generally pay better.

No way to contact support if your a driver must be by text only delayed responses

Used to be great pay and busy in 2019 now its more items and less pay and longer distance is not worth it anymore. Too competitive cuz of so many shoppers.

Pros

Was easy to apply

Cons

To lie off pay and to competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instacart Shoppers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement