Insight Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Featured review
Insight Enterprises, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Great Learning
Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 February 2019
I worked at Insight for my internship for my PC Technical Support program at John Abbott College.

At Insight I learned how to work with a team of professionals who love working in their field of technology and was shown how to do things properly. They let me learn how to do things that I said that I was interested in learning and helped me understand why things where set a certain way in servers.

I got to work with a wide range of laptops, computers and servers. From setting them up with software to hardware configurations. Also got to work with Windows tablets and setup Apple iPads and laptops too.
Pros
Free snacks, great people
Cons
Long travel commute
excellent place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 September 2018
good benefits, good team, helpful coworkers, good training. ability to earn more. management is great. pay is good. no micromanagement. healthy atmosphere overall to work
Environnement Correcte
Directeur de Compte (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2018
Les journées de travaille sont très discipliné. Vous devez arriver à des heures précises avec une chemise a col au minimum. Il y a beaucoup d'opportunités de développement pour les employés, surtout pour ce qu'ils sont motivés. L'aspect le plus difficile du poste est l'organisation. L'aspect le plus agréable du poste est l’indépendance. Les supérieurs laissent les employés gérer leur portefeuille de clients.
Compagnie International Respecter
Coordinatrice de service et administration (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 July 2018
C'est une bonne compagnie pour travailler qui as les intérêts des employees.
A lovely and fun place to work...for a call centre based business.
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 July 2018
I adored my time at Insight but I didn't work on the sales floor. I've gathered that it can be rather challenging! My job was fast paced and very demanding but the team I worked with was fantastic and kind. We actually did team building activities and had regular group meetings to share knowledge and ideas. It is a great place to work and I am normally rather negative about my jobs!
Pros
Decent pay, reasonable hours, great teamwork
Cons
Fast paced, incredibly fast paced, did I mention it is fast paced?
Micro Managed to death
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
Unrealistic expectations selling in an environment that is toxic, trying to sell a product that nobody wants to purchase. More chiefs than Indians/ Every move is watched.
Pros
Insurance if you can last 6 months
Cons
Revolving Door
You felt like a number
Sales Account Executive IT (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 October 2017
Insight was a very high demand work environment. You were treated like a number there. The kept upping your targets to unrealistic levels so making commission was very hard. They would take account you built up and give them away to head office reps but would never lower your target.
A good place start carreer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada5 July 2017
fast mooving
good opportunity to learn
Good people to work with
Pros
good culture
Cons
Benefits and management
internship
Network/System Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2017
as an intern I've got to work with most advanced technology and expand my knowledge but the pressure was at its highest. they were short staffed and could double their employees and still have more than enough work for everyone
Aggressive selling atmosphere
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 May 2017
Constant changes in the market and in Insights response to challenges makes the culture and job difficult to grow and build relationships with clients or with co-workers. If you thrive in a transactional atmosphere you will do well.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Challenging culture
Official response from Insight Enterprises, Inc.
13 June 2017

Thank you for acknowledging our great teammates! We think they are one of the IT factors for Insight. Technologies are ever changing and Insight wants to make sure we stay ahead of the market. We're sorry that you had challenges with this. Could you email us at jobs@insight.com and let us know any specifics? We appreciate your time to write a review.

Fast Paced
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2017
It can be a fast paced environment, depending on the role that you have.
HR tries to bring fun events to work to make it more uplifting.
The most enjoyable part about my job is my day to day interactions with the reps that I support.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great team. I enjoyed my time there.
It Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 March 2017
I worked there as an intern. I was really sorry to leave because it was an enjoyable place to work and to perfect myself.
Overall it's a great company.
Pros
Free snacks ;), Free Parking
Cons
Official response from Insight Enterprises, Inc.
13 June 2017

Thank you for your review! We're glad you had a great time at Insight. We wish you the best!

Amazing Environment with Opportunities for Success
Sales Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 March 2017
An amazing place to work. I love the people, the environment, and the culture. Lots of fun events. We work hard but we also play hard, and I couldn't recommend it enough.
Pros
Great Events, Great People, Great Environment
excellent management
Security and Networking Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
Insight Canada is probably one of the better VAR to work for in the Montreal area.
Management is very supportive in helping technical individuals gain knowledge and experience in their particular filed of expertise.
Pros
great people
Cons
location
Good People
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 February 2017
Good Group of people and very supportive.
The culture is employee friendly.
Management helps support their teammates.
Fast paced and a lot of activity on a daily basis.
Ok but not exemplary
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 January 2017
An OK place to work. The Work environment is good but they do not appreciate the efforts that you put in. the culture is good over there and you get to eat a lot of free food due to onsite vendors. They have favoritism. If they like you and you're a part of their inner circle, they'll sing for you on your Birthday. If they don't like you, your hard work will never be noticed. They do not like giving monetary appreciation to their hard workers.
Pros
Work environment
Insight
Executive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2017
Had the opportunity to work with many great people.
Little room for advancement left me looking for somewhere else to work.

Learned many things about opening doors and creating lasting relationships.
Pros
The chance to work with so many great people
Cons
Little room for advancement
a good place to learn and develop yourself
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 September 2016
I love the corporate culture at Insight. the management is result-oriented and does not believe in micro management. the team is strong and focused and therefore gets the desired results most of the times. the management does not cause panic and stress without a reason. in times good and bad, motivating employees is the prime goal of management.
Pros
good management
Cons
lack of career development
productive place and great team
Senior Pre-Sales Engineer & Network Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2016
productive and fun work place with great team and management to work with . I have added to the Cisco business at insight a lot when I came in by adding the Collaboration portfolio as well as the networking switching, routing, wireless , security and data center.
Fun place to work
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2016
I would still be working there if not for cut backs. I enjoyed my years at Insight gaining experience and great friendships.
Pros
Free breakfasts, lunches from Vendors
Cons
Low salary
Grate place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 February 2016
Insight is a great learning place for any individual willing to learn sales, there are tough times with budgets and numbers but the motivation portion of sales is completely satisfying.
Pros
Employee Benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insight Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Insight Enterprises, Inc. Reviews by Location