Inovata Foods

Inovata Foods Employee Reviews

Great products but terrible pay.

Low end of the pay scale. A lot of turnover in staff as a result. They do make great food for a variety of retailers. No room to advance either.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Low pay.

16 August 2021
I am sorry that you feel that the rate of pay at Inovata Foods is "terrible". We strive to be competitive with our pay rates and our entry level hourly rate for a Production Associate is $16.00 per hour for Day Shift and there is a $1.50 per hour Afternoon Shift Premium for those employees working on Afternoons. Payscale Canada, states the following "The average production associate salary in Canada is $31,200 per year or $16 per hour". So, I don't believe that our rates are so far out of line for this entry level role. Production Supervisors are on a salary rate that is significantly higher, they receive overtime pay for any Saturdays that are worked, can earn up to 20% of their salary in Incentive Pay quarterly, have the ability to earn extra RRSP through a Deferred Profit Share Plan and this compensation again are in line or above local pay for similar roles in our industry.

Horrendous place to work.

Most of the people are extremely nice to work with! Management is a p**s poor excuse of a management team(some, not all have a stick up there bums) Don’t waste your time applying here. Seriously, you’ll never get back the amount of time you wasted on this job. Also every shift has a “kill” time. Meaning if you are getting fired, they make you work the whole day or the whole week until about 15-30 before your shift ends. And half the time there reasoning is bull! No wonder there turnout rate is so high. They’d rather be extremely short staffed and make more work for the ones working. Than to keep some employees. In the time I worked there, I watched them walk out about 20-30 employees. Most of which were ridiculous reason. Honestly if you love your life and enjoy being happy. I sincerely suggest you not work here.

Pros

Free food sometimes, hot beverages were .50cents

Cons

Catty, cold, unrealistic expectations, management is awful, they work their team leaders to the bone

16 August 2021
I am sorry you had a bad experience as a Sanitation Worker here at Inovata Foods. You are correct when you state that the Sanitation role is very demanding and that it is extremely time sensitive. We rely on our Sanitation Turn to turn around the production areas/lines between shifts and this is generally a 7 hour window, to ensure that everything is spotless, passes all the QA tests and is available to set up for the next days production. Part of the struggle with the Sanitation Department is a retention issue and we do take this seriously. We conduct Exit Interviews where appropriate to try and find out why employees leave and for those that you state we "walk out" are terminated for legitimate reasons. They may be a poor fit for our culture, may have significant attendance issues, they may not get on with other employees and have created harassment of employee relations issues and what I can say is, we have no issues with late starts if it is down to not having enough members in the team. I obviously can't address your personal complaints about management and it may be that the issues you have mentioned have given you a bad impression. What I can say with solid conviction, is that this management team places our employees as our number one asset and production is secondary to this priority. Again, I apologise that you had a less than acceptable experience from your perspective.

Good job

Seen lots of sanitation workers come and go. Also see alot of hard working dedicated amazing people here. Good honest wage. People are like family.Great overall place to work. I love my job.

Pros

50 cent coffee, free food, gift card incentives..

Cons

I honestly cant thing of one...

17 August 2021
It is very rewarding when an employee of Inovata Foods takes the time to recognize the positive aspects of working at Inovata Foods. There is always room for improvement and not all previous or existing employees are going to be happy with their job, their employer, their manager/supervisor, their compensation or the environment in which they work, but it is good to see a more balanced perspective of what it is like to work at Inovata Foods. I am so please that you are enjoying your time working here and long may it continue.

The worst place to work in Ontario

I would just stay away from a company like this unless you like 10 dollar gift cards for Christmas. On top of it the card only works for places you can buy their garbage. Can’t find work and innovata is hiring like usual. Just apply for ei.

Pros

Ain’t one pro

Cons

You’ll hate your life.

17 August 2021
It is extremely disappointing to see such a negative review and clearly you did not have a positive experience working at Inovata Foods. If I can speak to your comment about the gift card; (which was a PC gift card that could be used to purchase anything from this grocery group), this was given in addition to a $25 gift card issued personally by the owner to all our hourly employees, because due to COVID we were unable to provide our employees with a Christmas Lunch. I apologise that for you this was not seen in a favorable light, but Inovata Foods shows appreciation to our employees in many ways outside of the Christmas period. Employee recognition and reward is very important to us, but it is obvious that we have missed the mark for you. We wish you well in your future endeavors, in the hope that you find a workplace that provides you with what you are looking for.

Excellent work culture

Inovata Foods is a great company to work with. They have excellent work culture and very dedicated and helpful employees. Everybody works as a family.

Hostile Environment

There are great people here to work with and very hostile people that you have to work with. Unfortunately the bad over weighs the good, with bullying not addressed by management. Additionally, a stressful work environment being responsible for food safety with production managers only caring about the output numbers.

Pros

wage was ok

Cons

hostile

17 August 2021
I apologize that you have experienced some hostility when you were working at Inovata Foods. We have a very strict Violence & Harassment Policy and Procedure and we have zero tolerance for employees being mistreated in any way. Anytime there are complaints of bullying or harassment brought forward, the company has a legal responsibility under Bill 168 to investigate and to officially report back to the victim in writing regarding the outcome. However, this process is confidential and often this leads to those observing believing that nothing is being done. I can assure you that anything that is reported is investigated thoroughly, but on many occasions it comes down to one persons word against the other and this is difficult to resolve. Regarding your comment about "output numbers", there is no doubt that all businesses rely on efficient output to survive and to maintain job security for the employees. Fast paced manufacturing can be stressful, but Inovata Foods does not compromise on employee safety or wellbeing, or food safety and quality, just to hit the numbers. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to try and improve wherever we can.

This is a fun place to work. I enjoy cleaning and working with the team. Management

It is a fun place to work as a sanitation employee. I have been working there for 29years allready. I am looking forwords to continue to work as a sanitation employee.

Great place to advance

Working with the production team I’ve had the opportunity to advance in my roll and work hand in hand with the leaders of the company to make change for the better of the business.

Hard but fun

Was great but changed for me personally You get a paid one hour break You sometimes have to work Saturdays There are times were you don’t know what to do because of lack of training and no supervisor at time you start working

Do yourself a favour and don't work here!! Not worth it!!

Beyond horrible place to work at! Everything is wrong with this place! They only positive thing about this place is a few great line ladies and lead hands! I could go on for days about why anyone shouldn't accept a job from here...

Pros

a few nice line ladies and lead hands

Cons

Want to Work for a Company that Cares About You? DO NOT work here.

When I first started at Inovata Foods, things seemed amazing, almost like I was being overpaid for the job that that I was doing. Let months go by, with almost everyone higher up being replaced by people who had no idea what they are doing. The company has almost gone under several times with no information given to employees about what was going on. The attitude that you are given by your higher ups is almost scarily bad. If you enter on afternoon shift, production, you start at 2:30pm. Expect to get your first break one hour and ten minutes into your shift. Try to refuse, and you will get the response "Go for break now or don't get one at all" By not only your lead hands but also all supervisors. Breaks/ rotation do not come at appropriate times, but times that are convenient for the boss. They tell you not to come into work sick but yet you will get written up for calling in more than twice a year, threatened that you will get fired. A typical day is supposed to be 8 and a half hours but don't worry they will keep you much longer and when you ask what time you will be done, it is "non of your business." You will be challenged everyday with horrible situations that make it virtually impossible to do your job, but when you are not doing perfect within these horrible situations you are to blame, not faulty machinery, bad noodles, or maintenance issues. If you want to live a good life stay as far away from this place as you can.

Pros

ONLY your fellow workers.

Cons

everything

Complete Nightmare to work for!

I worked here for 3 years and it’s the most ridiculous, unprofessional and unorganized place I’ve worked for. One Supervisor is verbally abusive, constantly screaming and yelling at everyone. When I quit she walked me out like she was firing me.The others were easy to get along with and friendly. A majority of the lady’s on the line are great to work with and a few amazing lead hands..but overall the this place is not worth your time or the pay check..I wouldn’t recommend it to my worst enemy .I previously injured myself at work and the guy in charge of health and safety was extremely rude and drilled me with questions like I had committed a crime...absolutely unprofessional! This place drains you emotionally, mentally and physically. There have been so many days I’ve went home crying over this place. HR is absolutely no existent, you go to them with an issue and it gets swept under the rug like it never happened...they will move you around to different departments and expect you to do work you have no idea how to do and don’t get the same wages as that department.. this place is slowly going under, losing contracts with companies. “Employee insentive” we’ve gotten it once in 3 years but they worked us like dogs for months on end to get an extra $40...this place is horrible!!

Pros

Some friendly line ladies

Cons

Absolutely everything

Quality

Great supervisors. Knowledgeable, fair. Quality products . Keen eye on house keeping. Enjoyable to work for experienced work force. They are friendly and help each other

Ridiculous.

The place just gets worse and worse. Constantly changing stuff around. Constantly short staffed. People don't stay. It's normal for people to literally leave on their first break, their first day and not return, in all departments.

Pros

Most co workers are good people

Cons

Most supervisors are thick headed and rude (not all), messed up hours. Very disorganized most days. Stressful

DON’T Go there ..

Inconsistent hours. They give you a day off during the week then mandate you all weekend. No extra pay for working in other departments. (Kitchen,porter). You are sent all over the plant at any time. Sent home early lots of days. No ingredient for your shifts product. Sent home early again. Mean line operator. & one supervisor. Brutal. Terrible HR they don’t support employees. No one up higher knows what they are doing. If something goes wrong it is productions fault. Not higher up. Too stressful. An endless list of problems to deal with EVERY day.

Pros

Seem nice when you start but. ....

Cons

Almost everything.

good reliable position

This is an excellent company to work for. Co-workers and managers are very friendly. Pay is good and hours are consistent. Managers and HR care about the staff.

Pros

no Sundays

Cons

repetitive work

Look elsewhere

Very clicky place to work,hr is non existent, management is very judgemental and training is poor. Computer system is out of date and takes forever to process one shipment, if you want to hear what's goin on just go to the smoke area,bitchin,you name it. After a week and a half you are expected to know everything and if not you are talked down to. This place needs better training for their managers Don't waste your time there. Most staff members where nice.

Pros

Nice staff

Cons

Poor shifts

Demanding but fair. If you don't want to work then this is the wrong company

A typical day like any other production type company. Worked for many. The work is repetitive which is what I had expected. A lot of people waste time and stand around a lot. I find they also complain the most. If you aren't afraid of working hard for a decent day of pay then this company will reward you. There has been a bit of turnover lately, but mostly the people that should have been let go or have left to begin with. The people are friendly and the management cares about the staff.

Pros

Good pay relative to the area, ability to work overtime

Cons

Repetitive work

Good Luck

Nobody knows what’s going on Constant shortages forcing full line shut down Everybody is fighting to have the most authority NO APPRECIATION WHATSOEVER Lack of communication, teamwork and respect There is no organization anywhere (if you’ve worked there you know what I mean) Company relies on employees (NOT lead-hands, supervisors or mangers) to make everything run/problem solve and when a problem does occur they are the first to crack down on the employees. (When in reality they don’t even know what’s going on)

Pros

Pay rate

Cons

Everything else

Worst place to work no knowledge no one knows what to do

Treat people like they are dumb managers are dictators no knowledge but have know clue what’s going on ! Just work and shut up .no safety in place ministries always in there violating all the time and New management team from seimems! They know nothing about food Industry! They are there to shut the place down !! Get out while u can and don’t work there .your just a number and the owners have no say ! They gave up there rights and haven’t a clue what this New team is going to do to this company !! No knowledge no skills know heart ! And close door policy!!!

A horrible work environment

I have never worked for such a terrible facility in my 30 years In the work force. The worst management and supervisors i have ever seen.After a year of nonsense working there it was time to resign. A very unorganized company. Do yourself a favour and do not apply here.

Pros

Taste entrees at lunch.

Cons

No appreciation for hard wokers, butt kissers will go far tho.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inovata Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7