Inovata Foods Employee Reviews

good reliable position
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON15 January 2019
This is an excellent company to work for. Co-workers and managers are very friendly. Pay is good and hours are consistent. Managers and HR care about the staff.
Pros
no Sundays
Cons
repetitive work
Demanding but fair. If you don't want to work then this is the wrong company
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON14 January 2019
A typical day like any other production type company. Worked for many. The work is repetitive which is what I had expected. A lot of people waste time and stand around a lot. I find they also complain the most. If you aren't afraid of working hard for a decent day of pay then this company will reward you. There has been a bit of turnover lately, but mostly the people that should have been let go or have left to begin with. The people are friendly and the management cares about the staff.
Pros
Good pay relative to the area, ability to work overtime
Cons
Repetitive work
Good Luck
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON12 January 2019
Nobody knows what’s going on
Constant shortages forcing full line shut down
Everybody is fighting to have the most authority
NO APPRECIATION WHATSOEVER
Lack of communication, teamwork and respect
There is no organization anywhere (if you’ve worked there you know what I mean)
Company relies on employees (NOT lead-hands, supervisors or mangers) to make everything run/problem solve and when a problem does occur they are the first to crack down on the employees. (When in reality they don’t even know what’s going on)
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Everything else
Worst place to work no knowledge no one knows what to do
Inventory coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON8 January 2019
Treat people like they are dumb managers are dictators no knowledge but have know clue what’s going on ! Just work and shut up .no safety in place ministries always in there violating all the time and New management team from seimems! They know nothing about food Industry! They are there to shut the place down !! Get out while u can and don’t work there .your just a number and the owners have no say ! They gave up there rights and haven’t a clue what this New team is going to do to this company !! No knowledge no skills know heart ! And close door policy!!!
A horrible work environment
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON28 November 2018
I have never worked for such a terrible facility in my 30 years In the work force. The worst management and supervisors i have ever seen.After a year of nonsense working there it was time to resign. A very unorganized company. Do yourself a favour and do not apply here.
Pros
Taste entrees at lunch.
Cons
No appreciation for hard wokers, butt kissers will go far tho.
Do yourself a favour ...work elsewhere!
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Production7 November 2018
At first this seemed like a good place to work. There was a family atmosphere and people were happy to be there.

New management took over and proceeded to make one bad decision after another. And they then proceeded to blame and punish all the workers for their missteps. Hours were cut, people demoted, fired....the HR department was certainly no friend of the worker.

The new management have destroyed the moral that used to be good.

There were a couple of newly promoted supervisors who are very overbearing and rude to many employees to the point of bullying.
Many people have been victimized by these two. Many complaints have been filed and they are all swept under the carpet by the HR department. For some reason these two have carte blanche to bully whoever they want and get away with it.

This company does not care one iota about their workers and will discard you at a whim.

The only saving grace is the workers. These people were fantastic and a joy to work with. It hurt to see them so badly treated and mismanaged. They deserve so much better.

I will miss them.
Pros
The people ( except for management )
Cons
Just about everything else.
Worst place to work ever
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON29 October 2018
I've never seen such horrible management. Extremely high turnover. Very low morale and even less training. The ONLY upside is the pay is decent but not enough to endure working there.
Pros
The money is good
Cons
Everything else
Stressful work place with no appreciation for individuals
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON27 October 2018
This place is a revolving door for supervisors, manager and line employees. HR is non existent, not listening to employees and everyone is stressed because nothing is done. People are fired and the next day new ones are starting, no proper training provided
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No job security
Inovata
Recent Leadhand (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON27 September 2018
Had an amazing time working there just wasn’t for me, trying to balance work and personal life was very difficult, time off was hard to get when needed
Pros
Amazing people to work with, meet a lot of new friend, always willing to train
Cons
Inconsistent hours, personal life doesn’t exist.
Great in the beginning, not so much in the end
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON14 September 2018
I had worked here for little under a year when I decided to resign due to a number of different reasons...

My first few weeks, and even months, following the start of my employment period were very enjoyable. All of my co-workers and supervisors were a pleasure to be around and the 'drama' was very minimal if it existed at all. There were a few co-workers that were going through a rough time and everyone was generally very supportive of them. On Fridays there would be a 'dessert potluck' where many people would bring sweets into the cafeteria, but it wasn't mandatory. The hours were steady and the machines would break down on occasion, but not too often. In short, the first few months were a great experience.

The last three months I had worked there were on the complete opposite end of the scale. Absolutely terrible in every aspect. The hours became unpredictable. Sometimes it was because we were missing a specific ingredient for the product we were making, but mostly it was because of the increasing down-time due to maintenance. There were quite a few days where we would sit in the cafeteria waiting for one of the machines to be fixed, often times for over five or six hours.

I also began experiencing issues with management. There was one person in particular who had recently been promoted to supervisor and was extremely rude, not only to myself but also to many of my co-workers. Every interaction with this individual was unpleasant. I recall there was an incident with my co-worker who had broken her finger outside of work and was unable to do any sort of heavy lifting.
  more... Upon her return to work, this supervisor sent her to boxing (which is mainly heavy lifting) telling her to "figure it out".

Towards the end of my employment period, I was appalled by the overwhelming lack of communication. One example of this being that new rules or practices would be introduced but not openly announced. When it became obvious that the overall morale of the plant was deteriorating, I thought it best to resign. Despite all of this, however, my co-workers remained awesome and wonderful until the end of the employment period.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers with a wonderful sense of humor
Cons
Unpredictable hours, extreme lack of communication, deteriorating morale
Cleaning
Sanitation worker (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON25 June 2018
I enjoy cleaning very much and the way I was always able to come in and get to work right away. The problem I had was that management did everything they could to keep everything from being thrown away including cut corners and making unsanitary choices and actions such as handling products without gloves and using dirty food bins to catch fresh food for production.
Fast Paced food production
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON23 June 2018
Produce frozen food entrees for big clients, management demands high production, stressful but worthwhile at times. Small town attitude, need to become more worldly and open up if they want to grow.
Pros
employee store, bonus
Cons
no life work balance
Poor opportunity
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON9 October 2017
A place that will lay you off during weekdays and mandate you for weekends.
Daily harrassment no management skills aside from bottom line.
No support from HR Zero follow up of any issues
Nice atmosphor
Factory Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON22 September 2017
employees are great and the boss is easy to get along with. I especially enjoyed the faster pace days because the time went so quickly but I didn't get the hours I was told id get
Pros
long breaks
Cons
the food smelled rotten
Repetitive with friendly people.
Leadhand (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON27 June 2017
Most of the people are friendly, and easy to get along with. Day-shift has their standard hours, whereas afternoons work until the product is finished. Fairly standard workplace.
Pros
Test the product on lunch.
Cons
Waiting around when there is a breakdown.
Fast Paced
Packaging Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2015
It is a fast paced environment where you must be ontop of your work. Everyone is really nice. Hardest part of the job is standing long hours on the production line.
Pros
Good pay
Productive and fun environment
Lead Hand Packaging Department/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2014
Inovata foods was an excellent place to work. Staff is friendly, management cares about their employees and wasn't above anyone.
Productive and Fun
Account Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2014
Co-workers are vibrant and have a lot of sense of humor. I have gained a lot of skills in this company specially in the field of accounting.
Pros
Flexible