Innovative Fitness Employee Reviews

Takes advantage of new grad trainers
Professional Training Coach (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 June 2018
Very structured with little room for creativity. Lots of split shifts and no paid breaks. You only get paid for the hours you are on the floor with a client, but they ask you to fold towels and clean up during the hours between clients. Forced mentor-ship program where you don't get to pick your mentor. They also don't keep clients with the same trainers, but ask you to participate in community events on your own time to get more clients.
Pros
Great intro job to get experience and clean professional gym
Cons
Mandatory workout structure and poor management
Amazing place to further yourself as a coach and individual
Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitsilano, BC18 July 2017
The thing so unique about IF is its energy. The coaches you work with are driven, high energy, passionate and HAPPY! I have learned so much as a coach that has improved my skills in training, personal relationships, and my own personal fitness.

This is not a place where you check in and check out. This is a place where people with a passion for awesome experiences and a healthy lifestyle get paid to play! There is a lot of work involved in being a great coach, but Innovative Fitness is structured so that you learn everything you need to know in real-time so you can apply it on the training floor. Plus, there are lots of opportunities to be trained into management positions as well.

I have never worked in a place that energizes me and challenges me this much! Plus, you get to travel the WORLD and lead people to their personal fitness destinations!
Pros
Coworkers, great events, support, energy
Motivating and cultural workplace
Professional Training Coach (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC20 May 2015
Have you ever seen the tv series, Cheers? Innovatie Fitness is just like that! Every time someone enters the facility, they are personally greeted, the staff all shout their name and say hello. Great atmosphere, with exciting music, happy faces and a lot of sweaty customers working hard!

Working there has been amazing, I've learned more about myself in these past three years than I could have ever iagined. My co-workers are all so supportive and encouraging, taking a sincere interest in myself and everyone else.

The hardest part of working at IF, is finding balance between work and personal life. With participating in and training for weekend events, and having all of our clients tag along it can be difficult to catch a day off. But the excitement and gratefulness of everyone exceeds all else.

Having a heart to heart with a client and having them overjoice with happiness is one of the best feelings I could have experience. I've learned that being genuine and kind to everyone I meet goes further than the eye can see. I plan on using these experiences in my future endeavors.
Pros
Friendly and exciting atmosphere. great people.
Cons
Long hours.
Great co workers
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2014
Great place to meet great people, interact and reach lifestyle goals
Friendly place to work
Administration & Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver17 September 2014
Great place to work where everyone knows your name. The place has upbeat music and you will never feel unwelcome there.
Pros
Everyone is friendly, flexible hours
Cons
not stable