Innofit.Inc Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2019
Innofit Inc. is a very poorly run company. Unprofessional, lacking in communication, cheap and seedy.

So - I was on my way to teach a class when I found out that they had replaced me without telling me. And that's just one example out of several..

I was standing there in front of the whole class who ALL knew about it. But I wasn't informed...!

Stay the away from them. They beg you to help them out in a pinch but are UN-appreciative when you do. Move on!
Pros
Some residents are friendly
Cons
Management are SO sleazy. And there is NO respect for Contractors!
Fun job but poorly managed company leads to no future advancement as well as potential job loss
Amenity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2018
My experience with Innofit was unpleasant to say the very least.

I started working at a site but I slowly realized that management was unaware of situations or was not attentive enough to them. The job itself was great because I had the opportunity to work closely with people on an individual basis and I was given the opportunity to create my own shift timetable and manage tasks on my shift at my own pace. However their company loses contracts with buildings as much as they gain them and it seems if they lose one they just try to stick you in another position for the time being. Hours were unreliable as you never know when the company may decide to switch up your schedule.

In conclusion I would only recommend this job as a part time position as I just do not see any room for advancement and managements lack of awareness and the ability to handle situations would encourage you to not have the desire to advance further anyway. You would be better off working for a more realiable company who can at least offer you as much as job security.
Pros
Work on your own, Social Environment
Cons
Poorly managed company, No job security, Unstable hours
Poorly managed company
Amenity Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2018
Working for Innofit I realized that management just doesn't have their stuff together. Alot of the time they don't even know whats going on and the location I worked eventually ended up ending their contract with Innoft. I wasn't given any notice or email detailing what was happening. Also the paycheques were always off and I would have to email them and chase them to pay me what was owed.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Poor management, not honest
Positive Work Culture!
Amenity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
I was given he opportunity to work from many different innofit inc. sites. I love the consistency of positive work culture and the organized training guides. I have had the chance to work with many site managers and most of them have started off as amenity coordinators. Innofit is a fun and loving organization to work for!
Pros
positive vibes, great pay, flexibility
Potential employees and customers should be careful.
Amenity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
If you have hired Innofit, make sure to get all promises in writing and set STRICT timelines in order for tasks to be complete or they will be left unfinished. As a long time employee here I witnessed the owner lie to numerous customers and employees. He would also make outlandish promises to condominium boards that never get delivered on. As an employee you can expect to be promised everything, but delivered nothing. Any promises of advancement are fictitious. One thing you CAN count on with Innofit is that your paycheck will be less then agreed upon and you will have to grovel to receive the money that was promised to you.
Pros
work independently
Cons
unrealistic expectations, no room for advancement
Flexible and Contemporary
Amenity Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2017
Innofit is an innovative company that is a glimpse into the future of the condo and fitness business . They pride themselves in being the company that has everything you need for your condo, whether it is amenity services, concierges or even fitness instructors. So it's no surprise that working for them has been a great experience filled with ample opportunities and growth both professionally and personally. All the staff are very friendly and supportive, making working as a team to meet success a breeze. The best way to have a great experience in the company is to be open to different opportunities, without the openness your experience could be vastly different. Nonetheless, I am proud to be part of the company.
Pros
hours, pay, ability to work on your own, vacation time, health benefits
Cons
not always having enough employees to cover a shift
Seemingly progressive company until you get in behind the scenes
Concierge/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
At first, you will be attracted by the fairly good pay, flexible scheduling, and kind disposition of management staff. However, you will discover very quickly that in real day-to-day situations, management will in no way have your back and you would do well to keep a personal record of every significant encounter you have with property managers, building staff, and residents so you can protect yourself. You will have no help at all from management should there be any disputes or backlash against you due to following procedures. You're on your own.

The work itself is straightforward and even enjoyable. Most sites are clean, comfortable and have everything in place for you to be able to do your best and be at ease during your shift. However, you can expect to experience major problems with receiving your pay, and will also find that you are not paid properly for all the hours you worked. Do not believe that you can speak freely to management, including HR about any of your concerns. The more you speak up, the more they will retaliate against you in one way or another later on.

There are very few growth opportunities as they cannot keep most of the contracts they obtain. Anyone who does get promoted, does not leave until they quit or are fired. There is no room for them to move upward, meaning there will be no movement for you either.

This job is fine if you don't mind dealing with people at a desk, and simply need to work part-time and make a few bucks. I would strongly recommend you don't rely on it as your only source of employment if you're living off of it, as you
  more... can have your hours cut by as much or more than 50% for any reason ranging from new employees being hired, to you sending one too many emails to management staff.

Overall, you're better off going with a more established company that may have problems, yes, but stable hours and more protocols to keep you somewhat safe.
Pros
Comfortable work sites, amazing coworkers (almost like a family), flexibility in when to take your lunches
Cons
everything else, especially management and pay issues.
Ill-Equipped Management
Amenity Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
This company has been around for 10 years and remained the same size as they lose contracts as fast as they get them. Starts off great but then the bad communication and lack of resources appears real quick. Company is in over their head and the on-site staff feel it

Pros:
Work on your own*
2 Weeks vacation
Benefits*
Weekends off *

Cons:
Pressure to work overtime
**Weekends Off if your not called in
Very difficult to get sick days off
**Not enough support from head office
**Promises broken on several occasions

Decided to leave after 6 months. Pressure to always be on call and being accountable for the mistakes made by head office became too stressful.

If you work for this company make sure any overtime hours you work you get paid for, and try not to get sick.
Good company to work for
Zumba Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2017
Good work environment. They have an app that gives us the potential to obtain more classes. Ability to work independent. Personable office managers. Good hourly rate.
Great company to gain experience!
Amenity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2017
Innofit Inc. is an awesome company to gain real-life work experience such as interacting with different people and improving communication skills along the way. I have been with the company for 2 years now and I can truly say that working for Innofit has increased my customer service and organization skills that I can use for my future endeavours.
Fun and fast paced company to work with
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto13 January 2017
Some of the perks of the job are being able to work alone and at your own pace, which is nice when you are in a customer service job, as it allows you to regroup and to to recharge if you need it. Some days there is hardly a dull moment. There is the opportunity to earn over time or bank hours, and depending on your position, the ability to have amazing health benefits as well as paid holiday and sick leave.
Pros
Paid sick leave and benefits
Cons
Some days can be long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Innofit.Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Innofit.Inc Reviews by Location