Innio

Innio Reviews with Jobs

Canada14 reviews

Nepotism is key

If you want to get anywhere in the company or keep your job you have to be best buddies with the right people. If your young and strive for success look for employment elsewhere. Many empty promises and red tape.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Poor management

Great flexible place to work at

Came in for my shift and get updated on the days events and goals, and went on with building the engine in my stationOnly reason I left was because I had to move out of regionFellow workers were great and the M.E.s were great as well. The plant manager was kind of out of touch with the employee base and really only cared about numbers but that's typical managementHighly recommend working here

Pros

Great pay for area, overtime on weekends, RRSP/TFSA matching, pension, benefits, friendly helpful workers, climate controlled, new clean tools, lower management helpful and friendly

Cons

Plant management not down to earth with floor workers, was hard to increase wage with knowledge but that was being adjusted as I left

Insights into Innio

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

In Maturing Process

I have been at INNIO since almost the beginning of it's Welland, Ontario site. I have been in upper management roles at various small businesses throughout the years and decided to go a new direction when I applied here. The compensation and benefits is more than I've heard anyone getting elsewhere for similar work. I previously oversaw the day to day operations of entire companies and did not get compensated the way I do here. They understand that just as production is a top priority for them, our families and home life are a top priority for us. If you follow the policies in place, this is a very laid back facility to work in. If you don't follow the policies, you feel the pain just like you would at any job.The one thing I will say is that, despite being the central hub for manufacturing the product in North America, head office and many support roles are stationed in Wisconsin. I understand the legacy aspect of the business wanting to continue sales, culture, etc. in the originating area, but engineering issues are perceived to be ignored. With little to no people to address directly onsite for these issues, production continuously finds themselves working around known issues despite having raised them as concerns in the past. Not the best approach to quality. Other than this, it is a fantastic work environment and I have never been happier.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Pension, Flexible Schedules

Cons

Lack of support for ongoing issues

Its alright

Innio is an okay place to work. If you're experienced this place is not for you tho.Assembly makes poor money while some of the people in warehouse brag about how much money they make.That's right warehouse makes more then Assembly. I was short parts and warehouse came to my station to argue with me. I told them to look at my kitting cart, they did but made it sound like it was my fault. Plus most of the time you walk back into warehouse most of them are sitting around. Not saying all of them but a majority of them.Most people in Assembly will tell you once they get there 5 years Assembly experience they scooting.The managers or WSO's in Assembly are awsome and so is most of the team. I left because the pay sucks and im not will to work my slef to death to make ends meet. The tech progression is a joke.Each station you get signed off at is $500, that's a joke considering the amount of knowledge you need to retain.I had experience and picked it up very quickly, people there seemed to like me because of that. But again the pay was not there. I enjoyed doing the 12 hours but not working for less then what warehouse makes.

Pros

Lots of over time

Cons

Very poor pay. Poor Warehouse attitude

Great place to work!

INNIO is a one of a kind manufacturing facility. Its clean, air conditioned and well lit. The work life balance is great as we have flexible work options. Our benefits package is one of the best I have seen including 10 paid personal days in addition to vacation time. INNIO has a participative workforce that allows us to participate in councils improving training, policy, etc.There are some new faces in the Management Team.There is lots of opportunity for learning new areas and cross training in multiple departments.Overall I am really enjoying my time at INNIO and I think its a great place to work

Pros

Paid Sick Days, Great Culture, Flexible Work, Participative workforce, Gym on site

Cons

Start up environment can be challenging

Collobrative work environment that promotes respect and inclusion

Support team is being right sized and there is a greater level of floor level suport at Welland that was prevously remote from Waukesha. I feel part of a growing family and the all-hands approach to teh business gives me a chance to particpate in the business decision making process. Love it here, its clean and having a gym onsite is fantastic.

Pros

Clean and Stable work environment, High Level of colloboration, Free Coffee

Cons

Need more technicnians

Manufacturing Tech

The interview process is redundant and laughable. Clearly, the more experienced you are in the workforce the less desirable you’ll be to this company. Employees and management are very ignorant and untrustworthy. Those in charge obviously know people in high places and are very unprofessional. It’s an unstable environment with a high school mentality, and not a hood high school either.

Pros

Time off

Cons

Ignorant, untrustworthy management

Good place to enter the work force, not the place for experienced workers.

A very toxic environment which is caused by poor management in an environment of forever changing goals and objectives with no clear career path. There is very unclear structure on how to progress to earn pay increases, while the main recruiting attraction of the job is great career potential. This is a great place if you are entering the workforce or industry to gain some knowledge to add to your resume. Otherwise, any experienced candidates would be much better off to seek employment elsewhere.

Pros

Decent entry level pay. Valuable knowledge can be obtained.

Cons

Unstable management and structure.

A good job, zero career potential

What started off as a great job working for General Electric in a self-driven team environment quickly turned into a typical manufacturing job as Innio took ownership.Management and HR are a joke, making employees feel like they're overpaid at 46k a year and constantly taking deliberate action to lower the morale of their workers. People working from home during the pandemic were given bonuses while the people who work in the factory lost their 2% annual increase and had their benefits clawed back. Due to a total failure in supply chain workers are frequently forced to use crucial components that have been deemed damaged or unusable, and then are reprimanded by the same GM who demanded that you use them when the engines fail. They make you jump through a thousand hoops to get a raise, which can only be obtained by training in other areas, but then they refuse to let you let you do it so you'll stay at your base salary for as long as you work there. Meanwhile, people making 6 figure salaries who have no CLUE what you do will tell you to your face that you're overpaid. Working there was a lot like going back to high-school, and not in a good way. If the right people like you, you'll do fine. If not, or if HR decides to target you with unfounded "anonymous" accusations, you'll have a hard time and won't be allowed to succeed no matter what you do. Not a bad place to get some experience, but don't count on this failed experiment as a potential career.

Pros

Free parking, clean workspace, free coffee.

Cons

No future, highly political, lack of respect from mgmt.

Full of empty promises

Promoted teaming work environment but ended up being a traditional workplace. Claims to be doing well financially but couldn't pay bills to get job done. Even the snack machine got repossessed! Horrible handling of internal investigations. If you aren't HR's best friend you are going to have a bad time. Favoritism is a huge problem here. HR also likes to throw in everyone's face that they should be thankful to be working there. Freedom is nice that they have but it's not worth all the grief they put you through. Some techs are toxic to the workplace and others are really nice people. It's a shame.

Pros

Some people are nice

Cons

Rude management, horrible run facility

OK Company just not stable

Standard Work in my field. Each day is pretty typical. Very mundane work with no room to grow. Small Learning curve and once youve learned it becauses quite repetitive and boring

Pros

Good culture

Cons

Not stable employment

Untrustworthy.

Most people there are only out for themselves. They purposely try to get people in trouble, to draw the attention away from themselves, as they are poor workers. You have to watch your back at all times as management and HR skulk around the floor watching everyone. The plant lead has no real inclination of what they build there, so what he is telling customers is all a fabrication of his imagination. The company also has a problem paying they bills. You will go month to month to see if you uniform is going to be there as they constantly don't pay that bill. Or the consumables in the vending machine could be empty because Fastenal didn't get paid. It is a good training facility. Get your training and move on.

Pros

Work/life balance. Training. Some fellow employees

Cons

Management. Work ethic of management and fellow technicians. Not paying their bills.

Laid back but efficient atmosphere, everyone knows eachother.

This was my second College co-op, and first real experience inside an industrial plant. I learned a lot and had fun every day. Opened up a lot of doors for me, but also showed me that I might be interested in other career paths.

Good Luck

After going through all the testing. background check, and third party physcial was told my hiring was recinded with no explanation. I have heard this happens alot here, so if your hired with a start date beware it can be yanked at a moments notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Innio. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Innio with

Innio reviews by location

Learn about Innio in popular locations

• Innio