Inn at Laurel Point

Inn at Laurel Point Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews

Very friendly and professional staff. Always cheerful. Always open to new ideas. Rated the best in Victoria. Great location, quiet and very private.

Good Staff meals, fresh everyday. Good union, staff change room , lockers, staff room with TV , phone and buffet. Medical, dental, life insurance coverage. Holiday time, RRSP. Great location, beautiful hotel and very clean. Fantastic guests who keeps coming back.The best place to work. Over all i would say 5 stars..

Pros

Very caring staff, just like a big family. Fantastic management and CEO. Loyal guests.

Cons

N/a

Great place to work....Amazing people, culture and benifits

People and culture are second to none. Family feel however high service standards. High emphasis on "TEAM". Colleagues are empowered and supported; guest focussed and always wanting to go above and beyond to impress their guests.Growth and development of staff is highly supported my management. Amazing staff parties and staff recognition.Excellent staff meals and benifits.

Pros

People, culture, benifits

Cons

The Union

Insights into Inn at Laurel Point

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager

plus tips was a bellman

I was a bellman, great atmosphere sometimes very busy but mostly relaxed. Tips varied from winter to summer. Summer being the most lucrative but great team

Great Culture

Great inclusive place to work- lots of opportunities to transfer departments and gain experience in other roles. Competitive wages and benefits included for Food and Beverage workers.

excellent workplace cultural/ nice team work

the personal hotel with an excellent atmosphere, everyone in the company is friendly, the HR department is outstanding, they almost know everyone's personality in the company and also helping people through their life. lots of stuff work in the hotel for more than 10 years. people had show lots of respect together, we are not only meet at work we have team building or celebration after work. the outstanding relationship between making us more efficiency at work

terrible place

great place you if like being treated like taken advantage of your work ethics, and being lied to for a pay raise , they have terrible occupancy rate, will hire you in summer and then fire you in the winter to keep their operating cost low

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

beautiful hotel, family feel

Cleaning rooms to high standards. Team work and fast paced environment. To be great at this job you have to be be quick and efficient and roll with the constant changes that happen on a daily basis.

Pros

free lunch, good benefits

Cons

not much room for advancement

A good work place

It is a good workplace and job culture is really good. Salary is really good and you can get the full salary when you work more than a year and co-workers are really friendly. You will love here.

Friendly work environment

When I worked in the housekeeping department, the coworkers were super nice and helpful. Working in the room attendant position was tough; however, I enjoyed working in that position because of my lovely coworkers.

Great place to work: fun and easy-going management with guest and employee focus. My position is temporary, and the review would probably be higher if the position was permanent. I am proud to say that I was chosen to work there!

Pros

many.... Fun environment, good people, free lunches, many other perks

Cons

hard work, long hours, irregular schedule, but typical for all hospitality sector

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inn at Laurel Point. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement