Inmarsat

Inmarsat Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Progressive global organization with $200M+ monthly in AR Portfolio
Led the Americas and Latam regions with collections and risk management portfolio of over $50M in Account Receivables. Champion of high performance culture. Established positive and Productive internal and external relationship resulting in satisfied paying customers.
Cut throat ... Management / HR Department needs to be replaced
This has to be the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Most Co-workers are fine but the manager of the department is doing and letting things go that should be addressed to make herself look good. Lies and deceit continuously to her manager in London. HR Dept needs serious review. Senior Management who local managers report to are all in London and don’t know what is going on. Too many managers in one department
Rewarding Environment
The work was very rewarding and I could directly correlate my job satisfaction with work being done. The hours could be long and sometimes all over the place as my roles were very customer driven and globally located. Fair management styles and great work perks. Coming inline with work from home opportunities and culture.
Pros
Great environment, dynamic people
Cons
No security, constant restructuring.
Great Company and people
Great company to work for, lots of great people.
Work load is good, not stressful. Learning new task and information daily is a great challenge I love to do.
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Most enjoyable part of this job is working from the London, Eng office and having the opportunity to experience their work culture.
Learn Lots
Poor training.
But you learn lots and supervisors are patient at you learn.

Great potential there.

Head office is in London, can be difficult from time to time with time differences as well as cultural differences.
Productive work area with flexible management
A typical day at work usually consists of the following...

• Responsible for accurate activations of Satellite Communications as well as setting up preliminary details of SCAP and VLA Packages, ensuring that the information submitted is executed in a timely manner.

• Month-End procedures – Ensures that the pending activations are done in the specified timeframe so the client would not incur any extra expenses. Constantly working with other Departments, such as the Sales Team, in order to have all the proper information and data for these procedures.

• Guiding and working with my team-mates in order to share our individual varied knowledge base. I am constantly teaching other newer employees about various topics as well as learning from my mentors.

• Continually multi-tasking across the three aspects of Customer Support – Activations / Support / Billing – ensuring that the timeframe of completing the specified tasks in each aspect is met.
Pros
Flexible management
Cons
12 Hour Rotating Shifts
Summary
Benefits package is excellent
Co-workers are extremely skilled and knowledgeable

Flexibility

Management is Top Heavy
Pros
flexibility
Cons
management is top heavy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Inmarsat?