Inland Kenworth Management reviews

Managment is only trhere for themselves
Parts delivery/stock replenishment (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 February 2019
You get belittled here. You get treated like garbage. You will never move up or advance especially if you are a girl unless you are managements bestfriend. Good pay but you work you butt off to get told your wrong at everything you do even if you are not. Every store seems to be the same but pg is gem. Different rules for different people
Pros
No pros to working here
Cons
Long hours, No recognition, Treated like a piece of dirt, Treated like you are useless
In it for the money
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC17 August 2018
My experience in the Heavy equipment side of the business was a place a manipulation and abuse. Long hour, and expectations of over 20 hour days when convinced the customer with out union backing to defend became difficult to accept this as an expectation and poor home life. Training and the willingness to support constructively was non existent. Communication from management was diplomatic and not supportive. The pay and benefits are fair compared to other dealership standard.

The Truck side and sales side of the business appeared to be friendly and supportive.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Abusive management
Poor management
Administration (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC21 May 2018
I had high expectations when I accepted a position with Inland. After 2 weeks of being employed, I was barely trained on what needed to be done. No plan plan in place. The manager for this department was hardly available, either out of the office or when he was in his office, would have his door shut for 6 hours of the day. Clearly not interested in what “his” department. A simple hi or bye would at least make anyone feel welcomed.

I reviewed a few comments other people left about Inland after I resigned . If I would of read them before I accepted the position, I would of declined the offer.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Be careful working for this outfit
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC9 April 2018
I worked for inland for 20 years. The company was a excellent place to work. The trouble started with the new management culture, they only care about profits and getting that big bonus for managers. They never credit parts that are not needed, they simply leave parts in call bin and after a time they put back into inventory or send back for credit, a credit the customer never sees. The constant backstabbing , bullying and a total lack of leadership is the basic culture of this company. The morale in my branch was and still is st the lowest point I have ever seen. The comptance of management is beyond question , they are nothing but greedy, they want everything and are willing to do nothing for employees or customers. This company deserves absolutely no loyalty . They even mark up freight charges. They never lose only employees and customers do.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Everything else
Do not apply
Service department (Former Employee) –  Langley8 March 2018
No matter how desperate you might be, don't apply to work here. Management is crooked and doesn't deliver on their promises and will stab you in the back if anyone else doesn't beat them to it. No code of ethics (go ahead, try to find their values on the corporate website) and all employees report a total lack of trust toward each other and upper management. Plus there's an absence of learning opportunity for anyone who's not a technician, making for a total failure to promote mentorship and collaboration.
Pros
Free lunch per quarter
Cons
Everything else
Toxic
SD (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC9 August 2017
Kenworth was good until it slid into a culture of backstabbing, favoritism, incompetence, no accountability or leadership. Any criticism is met with "How Dare You Question The Great Oz!"
Pros
Co-Workers
They will fire you.
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 February 2017
The staff had a betting pool as to when the parts driver would be fired. They expect you to run on the job. Very high turnover, unrealistic expectations and will probably fire you before benefits kick in. Exposed to lots of brake dust. Expect to have to climb warehouse shelving to save time, etc. Had to perform shady business practises like buying products from across the street and removing tags to unsuspecting customers. Managers are emotional and have egos so don't try to say anything intelligent. Be warned. Not a good experience; nothing learned. Someone even keyed my bimmer.
Cons
Mechanics bet on how soon you'll be fired as a part driver.
Not cool
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC12 July 2016
The Shop Forman on the equipment side was a joke, wasn't helpful and just yelled and threw tools arcoss the shop during temper tantrums. Made life miserable for going to work, especially as an aprentice trying to learn the trade.
Pros
Tigercat is an awsome product
Cons
Managment was an acutal joke
learned a lot about new technology.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC29 March 2015
On daily basis we were given jobs for the day. Leaned lots on electronic engine controls and troubleshooting. Management had very high expectations but lacked support for mechanics ie- parts supply and proper tooling to do work correctly. The hardest part of the job was trying to repair machinery with nothing, we were promised training and it never happened. Best part of the job was some of the people at the dealership.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managements lack of action to deal with problems at Branch.
Good Crew
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 April 2014
I worked here for 11 months. shift work including evenings. people seemed be nervous about losing their job. despite being a unionized workplace, i was let go voluntarily after grievence proceedings, i had no warnings of job performance and felt that my union and employer had a premeditated decision to get rid of me despite not going through the collective agreement motions. the majority of my fellow technicians were great people. however, the integrity of others made it difficult to be happy day in and day out.
Pros
Union, Pension
Cons
Instability with managment