Inland Kenworth

Inland Kenworth Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews

goodworkemployeepeoplejobhourmechanicgreat

Good place

I really enjoyed working here. I did both service advisor and delivery driver. Colleagues were funny and overall I would recommend it to anyone looking for a foot in the door.

Pros

Pay, benefits and colleagues

Cons

Constant lay offs

Disorganized

They keep changing policies and not keeping to their promises. And they took away our quarterly bonuses. Just be very aware and wary. But monthly BBQs are a good thing

Insights into Inland Kenworth

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Old management style

Not a place I would recommend. No shift flexibility. No opportunities to move departments. Good coworkers. No opportunities for growth within local branch.

Pros

Job security

Cons

No advancement opportunities, no cross training

It been an excellent move

I transitioned from another company in the same industry. I found inland to be very supportive with excellent opportunities for advancement. Inland is extremely flexible and encourages balance between work and home life. Culture varies on location with some union, some not. I found the easiest people to work with are the senior managers. Training opportunities are as much as you want, all paid for by Inland. All in all it's been a great place to work.

Pros

training, benefits, flexibility

Cons

It's a very demanding industry

Not a good place to work

Not a great environment, toxic workplace, high turnover in staff due to management. Pay is "ok" but you can get better elsewhere. Low morale, staff just lose interest. Not a great work life balance they don't allow you time off unless you have vacation hours or banked overtime.....unless it benefits them (they send the mechanics home if the shop isn't booked) management blames and points fingers and constantly makes people feel like they are doing something wrong. Good benefits are one of the only positive things about this company.

Benefits

Cons

Poor management

Not a fun place to work

Very poorly managed the shepherds in the back a couple are good but the bedrest will stab you in the back to make a promotion expect way too much out of one person to do a 10 person job

Pros

Really no pros

Cons

Really no pros

Amazing place to work!

Absolutely recommend working at inland. If you can get in that is because most people that get a job here want to stay. The work and pay is amazing and the people are just as awesome!

Kamloops- Apprentice Truck Mechanic.

Worked at Inland Kamloops for 8 months. The service manager was horrible. They offered me 2 dollars less than 2nd year rate because I came from a fleet shop but had no issues using my first aid and class 1. Very little training just learning on the fly with little room for mistakes. Told manager that I was booked for 3rd year 8 months down the road he told me to cancel as it wasnt my turn and he didnt see the value of me going to school. The truck service manager brought issues with his personal life to work and took it out on the techs. I quit after 8 months and went to school anyway...best decision ever. The truck shop has really high turn over due to a culture of bullying and favouritism. Definetly not a place to advance just get in learn what you can and get out.

Pros

Good journeymen

Cons

Bad management. No training or career advancement. Hostile work culture.

Gone downhill

Management is driving Kenworth into the ground. We are losing customers due to the disrespectful attitudes of the current management. Management is rude and derogatory to employees and does everything to go against the union contract. Management bullies their employees and customers which is causing great employees to flee. I hope the big wigs at Kenworth step in and replace the 2 current managers before it’s to late and we lose more techs and customers. We’ve had some layoffs due to Covid 19, the employees that didn’t get laid off had hours reduced by 25% which is a big hit when you’re trying to raise a family. The issue with this is the service manager has turned away jobs which is not okay when employees have been laid off or had their hours reduced. I suspect the service manager has some major insecurities and feels better to get into power struggles with his employees. We have seen his type before and it won’t be long before he’s let go because at the end of the day he is a liability. So, if you want job instability, bad management and to disrespected on the daily, then go ahead and apply at Kenworth.

Pros

Great coworkers (for the most part)

Cons

Insecure management

Used to be great

Employee morale is very low - no one even attends the Christmas party. GM and Service Manager have zero leadership skills. Proper cleaning and social distancing measures are not being followed to protect employees and customers from Covid19 virus. A female service writer freaks out on other staff and makes derogatory comments and nothing is done about it. I provided proof of some of the vulgarities she spewed to a fellow staff member and management pretended it didn’t happen. Anytime I am around this vile person ,my cell phone is recording just in case she becomes abusive. One shop tech does nothing all day but print stuff. He’s supposed to fix trucks but he doesn’t so that’s frustrating.

Pros

Wages are decent

Lacking corporate leadership

Inland is transitioning between its roots as a family business and med-large corporation. Levels of management, directors, and family creates confusion with inconsistent messaging.

Not a great culture

The company did not have a great culture or work environment. The work hours were very strict. The management was poor. Very little direction was given in terms of project goals and vision.

Not recommend to apply

Service manager at Kenworth now 2020 , he s worst manager I have seen in my life , he’s not fair or not believe in equality. As I talk to him , I feel he’s racist , five mechanic left since he join company . Worth management not taking care of employees. Not recommend any body to apply for work as a technician.👎

Great Place to work and learn

My experience with Inland Kenworth was a positive, and sadly because of industry was let go. I got the opportunity to start my career as a Heavy Duty Mechanic, and given the opportunity would return again.

Nice shop

Kenworth truck dealership located in Campbell River B.C.. I Learned a lot about the logging truck/trailer industry and how to repair them. Most jobs are warranty work, campaigns, MVIs, CEL diag, and electrical issues.

Pros

free lunch once a month

Cons

not very busy

very toxic work environment

very toxic work environment with a lot of back stabbing between employees. By far the worst managed place I have ever worked and corporate doesn't seem to mind or care

Terrible Work Culture & Even Worse Management

Positive work culture non-existent. Safety is an after thought. "Boys club" mentality in management. Stress, Depression, Lack of motivation is a recurring theme with Inland. Everyone blames each other, nobody takes ownership for anything. Salaried employees are extremely under paid and always on pins and needles due to extremely high amount of turnover. Human Resources is a joke, they are only there to protect the company. They will fire you and would rather have the current employees pick up the slack so that they can pad bonuses of upper level management. Job security is only present for union employees, everyone else beware.

Managment is only trhere for themselves

You get belittled here. You get treated like garbage. You will never move up or advance especially if you are a girl unless you are managements bestfriend. Good pay but you work you butt off to get told your wrong at everything you do even if you are not. Every store seems to be the same but pg is gem. Different rules for different people

Pros

No pros to working here

Cons

Long hours, No recognition, Treated like a piece of dirt, Treated like you are useless

In it for the money

My experience in the Heavy equipment side of the business was a place a manipulation and abuse. Long hour, and expectations of over 20 hour days when convinced the customer with out union backing to defend became difficult to accept this as an expectation and poor home life. Training and the willingness to support constructively was non existent. Communication from management was diplomatic and not supportive. The pay and benefits are fair compared to other dealership standard. The Truck side and sales side of the business appeared to be friendly and supportive.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Abusive management

Poor management

I had high expectations when I accepted a position with Inland. After 2 weeks of being employed, I was barely trained on what needed to be done. No plan plan in place. The manager for this department was hardly available, either out of the office or when he was in his office, would have his door shut for 6 hours of the day. Clearly not interested in what “his” department. A simple hi or bye would at least make anyone feel welcomed. I reviewed a few comments other people left about Inland after I resigned . If I would of read them before I accepted the position, I would of declined the offer.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Okay place to work if you like over time

Kenworth is a decent place to work. For the most part, the staff at the Langley location are welcoming and friendly. As in any other workplace, there are a few people who are less than friendly. As a driver, you can expect the people above you to have absolutely no consideration for your time outside of work and you will be expected to put in over time nearly every day. Kenworth is all about the customer and not about the employee. I think I got out of work on time maybe twice. On the plus side, all of the vans are newer and they have bluetooth connectivity and back up cameras. The vans are super uncomfortable to drive and the visibility is very limited. They expect you to pick up your company phone when they call, but you then get in trouble for being on your phone. Kenworth will expect more out of you than is possible in an 8 hour day so be prepared for over time. No breaks, 30 min lunch break which you are encouraged to skip.

Pros

Friendly staff, good benefits, OT at time and a half

Cons

forced over time, heavy workload, customers that waste your time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inland Kenworth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement