Inland Kenworth

Inland Kenworth Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Great Place to work and learn
My experience with Inland Kenworth was a positive, and sadly because of industry was let go. I got the opportunity to start my career as a Heavy Duty Mechanic, and given the opportunity would return again.
Gone downhill
Management is driving Kenworth into the ground. We are losing customers due to the disrespectful attitudes of the current management.

Management is rude and derogatory to employees and does everything to go against the union contract.

Management bullies their employees and customers which is causing great employees to flee. I hope the big wigs at Kenworth step in and replace the 2 current managers before it’s to late and we lose more techs and customers.

We’ve had some layoffs due to Covid 19, the employees that didn’t get laid off had hours reduced by 25% which is a big hit when you’re trying to raise a family. The issue with this is the service manager has turned away jobs which is not okay when employees have been laid off or had their hours reduced.

I suspect the service manager has some major insecurities and feels better to get into power struggles with his employees. We have seen his type before and it won’t be long before he’s let go because at the end of the day he is a liability.

So, if you want job instability, bad management and to disrespected on the daily, then go ahead and apply at Kenworth.
Pros
Great coworkers (for the most part)
Cons
Insecure management
Used to be great
Employee morale is very low - no one even attends the Christmas party.
GM and Service Manager have zero leadership skills.

Proper cleaning and social distancing measures are not being followed to protect employees and customers from Covid19 virus.

A female service writer freaks out on other staff and makes derogatory comments and nothing is done about it. I provided proof of some of the vulgarities she spewed to a fellow staff member and management pretended it didn’t happen. Anytime I am around this vile person ,my cell phone is recording just in case she becomes abusive.

One shop tech does nothing all day but print stuff. He’s supposed to fix trucks but he doesn’t so that’s frustrating.
Pros
Wages are decent
Lacking corporate leadership
Inland is transitioning between its roots as a family business and med-large corporation. Levels of management, directors, and family creates confusion with inconsistent messaging.
Not a great culture
The company did not have a great culture or work environment. The work hours were very strict. The management was poor. Very little direction was given in terms of project goals and vision.
Not recommend to apply
Service manager at Kenworth now 2020 , he s worst manager I have seen in my life , he’s not fair or not believe in equality. As I talk to him , I feel he’s racist , five mechanic left since he join company . Worth management not taking care of employees. Not recommend any body to apply for work as a technician.👎
Nice shop
Kenworth truck dealership located in Campbell River B.C.. I Learned a lot about the logging truck/trailer industry and how to repair them. Most jobs are warranty work, campaigns, MVIs, CEL diag, and electrical issues.
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
not very busy
very toxic work environment
very toxic work environment with a lot of back stabbing between employees. By far the worst managed place I have ever worked and corporate doesn't seem to mind or care
Terrible Work Culture & Even Worse Management
Positive work culture non-existent. Safety is an after thought. "Boys club" mentality in management. Stress, Depression, Lack of motivation is a recurring theme with Inland. Everyone blames each other, nobody takes ownership for anything. Salaried employees are extremely under paid and always on pins and needles due to extremely high amount of turnover. Human Resources is a joke, they are only there to protect the company. They will fire you and would rather have the current employees pick up the slack so that they can pad bonuses of upper level management. Job security is only present for union employees, everyone else beware.
Managment is only trhere for themselves
You get belittled here. You get treated like garbage. You will never move up or advance especially if you are a girl unless you are managements bestfriend. Good pay but you work you butt off to get told your wrong at everything you do even if you are not. Every store seems to be the same but pg is gem. Different rules for different people
Pros
No pros to working here
Cons
Long hours, No recognition, Treated like a piece of dirt, Treated like you are useless
In it for the money
My experience in the Heavy equipment side of the business was a place a manipulation and abuse. Long hour, and expectations of over 20 hour days when convinced the customer with out union backing to defend became difficult to accept this as an expectation and poor home life. Training and the willingness to support constructively was non existent. Communication from management was diplomatic and not supportive. The pay and benefits are fair compared to other dealership standard.

The Truck side and sales side of the business appeared to be friendly and supportive.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Abusive management
Poor management
I had high expectations when I accepted a position with Inland. After 2 weeks of being employed, I was barely trained on what needed to be done. No plan plan in place. The manager for this department was hardly available, either out of the office or when he was in his office, would have his door shut for 6 hours of the day. Clearly not interested in what “his” department. A simple hi or bye would at least make anyone feel welcomed.

I reviewed a few comments other people left about Inland after I resigned . If I would of read them before I accepted the position, I would of declined the offer.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Okay place to work if you like over time
Kenworth is a decent place to work. For the most part, the staff at the Langley location are welcoming and friendly. As in any other workplace, there are a few people who are less than friendly. As a driver, you can expect the people above you to have absolutely no consideration for your time outside of work and you will be expected to put in over time nearly every day. Kenworth is all about the customer and not about the employee. I think I got out of work on time maybe twice. On the plus side, all of the vans are newer and they have bluetooth connectivity and back up cameras. The vans are super uncomfortable to drive and the visibility is very limited. They expect you to pick up your company phone when they call, but you then get in trouble for being on your phone. Kenworth will expect more out of you than is possible in an 8 hour day so be prepared for over time. No breaks, 30 min lunch break which you are encouraged to skip.
Pros
Friendly staff, good benefits, OT at time and a half
Cons
forced over time, heavy workload, customers that waste your time
Be careful working for this outfit
I worked for inland for 20 years. The company was a excellent place to work. The trouble started with the new management culture, they only care about profits and getting that big bonus for managers. They never credit parts that are not needed, they simply leave parts in call bin and after a time they put back into inventory or send back for credit, a credit the customer never sees. The constant backstabbing , bullying and a total lack of leadership is the basic culture of this company. The morale in my branch was and still is st the lowest point I have ever seen. The comptance of management is beyond question , they are nothing but greedy, they want everything and are willing to do nothing for employees or customers. This company deserves absolutely no loyalty . They even mark up freight charges. They never lose only employees and customers do.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Everything else
Do not apply
No matter how desperate you might be, don't apply to work here. Management is crooked and doesn't deliver on their promises and will stab you in the back if anyone else doesn't beat them to it. No code of ethics (go ahead, try to find their values on the corporate website) and all employees report a total lack of trust toward each other and upper management. Plus there's an absence of learning opportunity for anyone who's not a technician, making for a total failure to promote mentorship and collaboration.
Pros
Free lunch per quarter
Cons
Everything else
Toxic
Kenworth was good until it slid into a culture of backstabbing, favoritism, incompetence, no accountability or leadership. Any criticism is met with "How Dare You Question The Great Oz!"
Pros
Co-Workers
They will fire you.
The staff had a betting pool as to when the parts driver would be fired. They expect you to run on the job. Very high turnover, unrealistic expectations and will probably fire you before benefits kick in. Exposed to lots of brake dust. Expect to have to climb warehouse shelving to save time, etc. Had to perform shady business practises like buying products from across the street and removing tags to unsuspecting customers. Managers are emotional and have egos so don't try to say anything intelligent. Be warned. Not a good experience; nothing learned. Someone even keyed my bimmer.
Cons
Mechanics bet on how soon you'll be fired as a part driver.
Full Modern Truck Service
Wonderful flexible working hours. Full attention to detail by parts & service staff. Mechanics are fully trained to handle all systems of the heavy-duty transport truck.
Not cool
The Shop Forman on the equipment side was a joke, wasn't helpful and just yelled and threw tools arcoss the shop during temper tantrums. Made life miserable for going to work, especially as an aprentice trying to learn the trade.
Pros
Tigercat is an awsome product
Cons
Managment was an acutal joke
Good pay, good place to work
Found that it is a good place to work that allows me to be living at home and making a good wage. Online training that is available is beneficial.
Great for jouneymen, bad for apprentices
If you're not ticketed don't bother. They have little opportunity for becoming so and try to stunt professional development as much as possible. Great outside of that.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor managment