Inland Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews

Fun and exciting work place

As an equipment operator you’re very productive, working outdoors, people are great to work with. Great leadership and mentor ship with lead hands, as well with co workers

Pros

Workplace culture is great with co workers. Really felt like the environment was team based

Cons

No work life balance. Poor management and appreciation

Good people, poor pay

People are nice, most of the management are nice enough. Able to order the tools you need, company pays for them if they are worth it. Pay sucks, benefits are average. Good enough stepping stone

Jobs at Inland Group of Companies

See more jobs

VG co-workers . When it’s busy time flys .

Supervisors & regular staff keep the operation moving .Management is invisible & redundant .Horrible communication .Terrible work scheduling .Some crews are very professional & hard working while others are lazy and combative .Training is good but rushed .Many Leads do not have any concept on how the equipment operates or if issues on what to do . Some are over their heads while others are very knowledgeable and helpful .

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Poor pay / Management

Dead End Job

Spent years trying to move up within the company to always have people brought in with less experience that I had to train. Current management is a joke they are just playing house with a lot of skeletons in there closet. It’s easier for them to lie to HR to push others out then it is to admit they are incompetent.

Pros

Paid Day

Cons

Management & HR

Très instructifs et demande beaucoup de concentration pour effectuer parfaitement le travail .

Dommage que le covid est demander d’arrêt l’es transport aériens , pour des raisons de sécurités C-2 c’est une partie de travaille exigents et strictes de l’aéroport.Le travail d’équipe étais bien et m’a ouvert beaucoup de nouvelle façon d’être ! Merci mrs

Pros

Belle ambiance de travaille

Cons

Assurer la continuité

Insights into Inland Group of Companies

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Last resort job. You drive a giant fuel truck around planes and get paid very little. There are better jobs out there.

Its a great job if you are in school. Flexible hours. Poor management. HR is a joke. Senior employees who have worked 20+ years make $20 an hour... There are better jobs out there, keep looking. If you can walk and lift a hose they will hire you. They hire anyone because they are desperate because no one wants to work there. If you do end up working here make sure you double check your pay, mine was always wrong. It is not a fun environment. The building has black mold and is falling apart. Overall it is a depressing place and I am glad I left :) Every few years a new company comes in and gets the fueling contract for YOW and Inland is probably the worst company so far. At least half the staff quit when they took over. The 3.4 rating is way to generous for this company. I can not stress this enough, there are better jobs out there, go find them, use this place as a last resort. They will have a high turn over rate so if you have a drivers license and have a few brain cells you will get the job! This company has no idea what they are doing. I can keep going but this is long enough.

Pros

You get paid. It is slow because of COVID, lots of down time.

Cons

Bad management. HR does nothing to help you, only the company. No uniforms. All the senior employees are grumpy and depressed, not a good environment to be in.

Hard working people and busy environment

old management, old culture. They lay people off all unfairly which is hard for employees to make a living out of it. Halifax site is poorly managed. Some good and fair managers. The hardest part of the job is working in a stressful environment with no help and having to do everything, good employees leave

Pros

good collegues

Cons

Old management

Non productive dissorganized work place

Work place and management were disorganized. low pay for dis-functional work environment unnecessary work place disorganization. Lack of supervisor direction and clarification.

work

work was fun, pay not the best. great people, lots of time to get things done. good management decent benefits. red pass needed. all n all was good exp.

Low nonsense office, loud machinery, generally nice people.

Poor communication led to inability to complete projects. I have heard things are running more smoothly now. Seasonal lay offs and inclement weather the worst parts.

Awesome place to work

I have to say inland is one of the best companies i have ever worked for, i was treated very well and there is opportunities for advancement. Very friendly respectful staff. Just awesome atmosphere there

Pros

Free lunch sometimes

Cons

Lots of welding

Great Place To Work!!!!!!

Since 2004.. I have been a seasonal employee with this company!! It is challenging and yet rewarding. I have learned a lot over the years and continuing to do so. I Love my job!

Good guys to work with, more talking than working

Place can be unsafe, no welding procedure for high pressure pipes and poor air quality during the day, good pay for the amount of work you have to do, have seen some "close calls"

Pros

Smoke breaks

Cons

Pay/guidance

Nice workplace

Nice work place and great work mates. Had great relationships with others in engineering department and we helped out whenever and wherever we could. Lack luster guidance from management. Lack of communication from management.

Pros

short comute

Cons

lack of communication with management

Not a lot of demand from employees because of the poor wages.

Good place to work if you don't need the money. wages are very low, just above minimum wage, even for experienced workers. depending on the position the managenemt are very flexible on your schedule>

Pros

Not hard work or demand

Cons

Very low wages.

Good Seasonal Employment

Good work environment, positive co-workers, nice relaxing break room space, understanding management. I enjoyed my tenure here, but felt that growth was limited.

Pros

Seasonal

Cons

Seasonal

Fast Paced, challenging and a very enjoyable working enviroment

A typical day on the job entails pre-planning your scheduled flights, checking for delays, aircraft types, any non scheduled flights departing form all fixed-base operators that will require de-icing. Every day brings something new. You must be aware of aircraft size requirements to assign the appropriate bay and what priority they take, as you may have several aircraft waiting in line to be de-iced. As a Controller, I am very skilled in planning and managing the Central De-icing Facility. Each Controller works on their own for the duration of their shift. As a CTM I am in direct radio contact with pilots, airport authority staff and de-icing crews, while controlling their movements at all times when on the Apron. It is a very satisfying career, but seasonal from October to May.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inland Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement