Ingram Micro Cloud Employee Reviews

Junior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
My time at Ingram Micro has been invaluable, it gave me knowledge about Cloud and E-commerce, allowing me to constantly learn new skills and evolve my existing ones.
Don't get me wrong, the company has potential but it just doesn't work.
Cloud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
Ingram Micro being as big as it is for some reason decided to outsource their HelpDesk to another company, a telemarketing company to be more specific.

While Ingram Micro is not a bad company overall, the outsourcing company is just terrible, we wouldn't have enough tools to work and the managers didn't want to bother Ingram with our requests. We would also be under this outsourcing company policies and rules, which means that many times we couldn't do our job due to their dumb rules, for e.g., we had to support DropBox, OneDrive, Office Online and so on, however, those websites and many more would be blocked and there was no way to work properly.

We also could not under any circumstances troubleshoot the customer's problems, WHAT? Yes, that is true, the outsourcing company wanted us to work on as many cases as possible, their way of thinking was exactly this: if it takes you more than 10m to fix it, ignore, escalate or postpone it.

And the issues keep going, Supervisors/Team Leader without ANY people skills to the point that it was not rare to hear one of them screaming publicly: IF YOU DON'T GET BETTER YOU WILL GET FIRED. While we had to have a diploma and Microsoft certification there were other people working with us that couldn't distinguish a GPU from a subwoofer or even use Google to search for the issues and I swear I am not kidding.

If you are reading this and plan to work for Ingram, good luck and you should try it, as I said before Ingram itself is a good company. However, if you are planning to work on an outsourcing company that takes care of the Lv
  more... 1 and 2 support, forget it, go search for something better.  less
Pros
Good benefits and wage
Cons
30m lunch and you have to lock everything on a different room so technically 20m lunch, worst management ever
Learning place of work
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
Great place to learn and work. fast paced and great exposure to tools and technologies. excellent work life balance and supportive management