Ingram Micro Cloud

Ingram Micro Cloud Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Helpful coworkers, great place to work, awesome tools and technologies available, fun weekend parties and team lunches
The company is a fortune 50 global company and the largest IT Distributor in the world. The overall workplace culture is great but some teams are horrible due to the leadership style or personality of those leaders
Don't get me wrong Ingram as an organization is great and the people that work for Ingram have some great talent. The company has a strategic focus on Cloud, my view like most others that have worked for Ingram Cloud posted reviews in this forum (you should read thru the feedback) poor leadership, no strategy, with no people skills are unfortunately true, I would recommend that you re-think and look at other strategic areas of the Ingram business before joining this team.. The actual cloud sellers are great people with a lot of skill, however, they are setup to fail with unreachable targets. Poor management creates poor morale and the majority of people are unhappy. People leave almost regularly and in my few years I have seen my entire team move on within the first 6 months and this seems to be a regular cycle on the cloud team. People join then realize that they have to move on because of the toxic management and no support on how to achieve success.
Pros
some really talented people.
Cons
poor management with no leadership abilities
My time at Ingram Micro has been invaluable, it gave me knowledge about Cloud and E-commerce, allowing me to constantly learn new skills and evolve my existing ones.
Ingram Micro being as big as it is for some reason decided to outsource their HelpDesk to another company, a telemarketing company to be more specific.

While Ingram Micro is not a bad company overall, the outsourcing company is just terrible, we wouldn't have enough tools to work and the managers didn't want to bother Ingram with our requests. We would also be under this outsourcing company policies and rules, which means that many times we couldn't do our job due to their dumb rules, for e.g., we had to support DropBox, OneDrive, Office Online and so on, however, those websites and many more would be blocked and there was no way to work properly.

We also could not under any circumstances troubleshoot the customer's problems, WHAT? Yes, that is true, the outsourcing company wanted us to work on as many cases as possible, their way of thinking was exactly this: if it takes you more than 10m to fix it, ignore, escalate or postpone it.

And the issues keep going, Supervisors/Team Leader without ANY people skills to the point that it was not rare to hear one of them screaming publicly: IF YOU DON'T GET BETTER YOU WILL GET FIRED. While we had to have a diploma and Microsoft certification there were other people working with us that couldn't distinguish a GPU from a subwoofer or even use Google to search for the issues and I swear I am not kidding.

If you are reading this and plan to work for Ingram, good luck and you should try it, as I said before Ingram itself is a good company. However, if you are planning to work on an outsourcing company that takes care of the Lv
 - more...
Pros
Good benefits and wage
Cons
30m lunch and you have to lock everything on a different room so technically 20m lunch, worst management ever
Great place to learn and work. fast paced and great exposure to tools and technologies. excellent work life balance and supportive management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ingram Micro Cloud?