Ingersoll-Rand Employee Reviews

Recommended (Hussmann)
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
I learned a lot at Ingersoll-Rand as a contractor, very efficient structure and lovely place to work. Still connected with my reports and the VP of operation.
people at office were backstabbers
inside sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 June 2018
All staff disliked each other and staff was useless as none of them had any true Idea of what was going on or even how the HVAC systems worked.
They claim they do not mix business and pleasure however the whole inside staff are friends from high school.
Bad poisonous atmosphere.
Pros
nothing
Cons
People are useless
Enjoyable place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  County Galway7 November 2017
Great place to work.Made a lot of friends during my time with Ingersoll Rand. Management are very Helpful. Great place to Gain experience and gain exposure to CEO , VP and President of the company. Good work is recognized.
Pros
Gain a lot of Experience
Cons
Atlas Copco is Good brand, but not so good enough in management
Sales Manager, North Vietnam (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2017
Salesman get sale' commission then conflict with each other in internal. Inventory policy, much stock then low profit...cultural in sales team is not reasonable
Fast paced environment
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2016
Ingersoll Rand has been a challenging environment but rewarding. Lots of on the job training and people that are able to help you build a career. Fast paced but able to build on your skills.
Average
Rotating Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
I would describe it as just average employer, however nobody should depend on it.
My review may be accurate, but is about 12 years old, this employer may be different at this time, if it went through several changes, reorganizing and restructuring.
Company no longer in business
Drilling Support and District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2015
The company that I worked for is no longer in business and was broken apart and sold. I must keep typing because the form wants more writing, so I'm going to keep typing desipte not having anything to say. I would like to add that if I designed the form I would let people say as much...or as little as they would like,
desktop support
(Contract) - Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2014
• Provided 2nd level (hands on) support in troubleshooting of HP and Dell laptops and desktop for Intact employees.
• Monitoring the performance of the hosted system using Citrix and other monitoring tools
• Maintain active directory in OU and group policy.
• Working as part of a team to deliver technical support services locally in Scarborough, as well as remote technical support to business locations within the Ontario region.
• Provide advanced 2nd level technical support and resolutions to end-user issues both face to face and over the phone
• Accountability for customer service requests per Service Level Agreement metrics
• Assist with troubleshooting of network, Active directory and server infrastructure.
• Execute standard client computing lifecycle processes including PC setup, deployment, and lease refresh.
• Install technology hardware and software that fulfill user requests according to standards or requirements.
Pros
more knowledge
Maintain Inventory & Set inventory Levels
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On21 November 2013
Place orders for various asphalt road paver ware items Identifying the 100 best selling items & setting them into the computer with lead times for weekly suggested ordering. Switching from cardex to a computer system. set & maintain inventory levels for head office & 4 US warehouses.
Ordering stock based on salesman sales objectives with 6 month overseas lead times. Aid in expediting rush parts. Assist in implementing new computer ordering systems. Assist in identifying part returns. Adjust prices based on current costs.
Assist in sorting out production inaccuracies & getting engineering involved to correct the problem.
Assist on the customer service orders when things work smoothly.
Pros
work independantly
Cons
Took the business to the US. Closed in Canada
Enjoyable place to work for. Excellent training with seasoned mentors.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rand, ON9 November 2012
Arranging appointments by telephone and by cold calling to review clients compressed air system to see if there was any way in which to improve the existing system to help lower energy costs.
I learned how to sell and perform and air audit what to look for in a clients system where improvement could be made. ouHow to cross sell various other items that the company manufactured.
Management was helpful and let you run your territory according to how you wanted to.
Co-workers were helpful and fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was completing paper work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people and help the reduce their energy costs and provide superior products and services.
Pros
company car
Cons
Great place to work for, where I gained very productive experience in accounting, finance, and in customer service
Senior Accounting Assistant (AP/AR) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario19 April 2012
Working at Ingersoll was very productive, where I gained lots of experience which I can use in future career. Management was super and culture of the company was great. Good benefits, very understanding management style. It was great place to work for. Everybody was very helpful, supportive and friendly.
Pros
social activities, games, working together on projects and friendly culture
Cons
unfortunately moved finance dept to usa