Infrastructure Ontario Employee Reviews

Don't apply for an admin position unless you want to stay an admin
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
It's a decent place to work if you're anything but an admin. No room for advancement for most admin positions, no job training, no promotions, but it's has a decent pension and OK benefits.
Great place
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Lovely work environment with great people, right downtown Toronto with lots to do and to experience. Loved working with the people there as they helped you gain valuable experience.
Once a great place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
Infrastructure Ontario was once a great place to work at, a public entity with private sector mentality. Now it is becoming top heavy, loaded with high paid executives.
Great place to work at
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2017
IO was an amazing place to work at, especially after finishing my second year of university. Amazing work culture, fantastic atmosphere and helpful senior management executives really made my internship move along.
Pros
Social and Networking Events
Cons
No Engineering work involved
It all depends on who your manager is and what you are looking to get out of this experience
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
The company restructures frequently and I stopped learning new things about a year in.The salary/benefits, work/life balance and culture is fair, depending on your department/division.

Speaking from only my experience, my manager was not the greatest. When we were both challenged to effectively communicate with one another I found this individual to be insensitive and disingenuous.

Like any potential position you take a risk. If what's important to you is doing some engaging work on meaningful projects for the province of Ontario then take a chance. If it's important to you to work in a place that has a strong culture of collaboration, positive relationships and developed managers than this place may not be the place for you.
Great
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
I would love to be a permanent employee. Great atmosphere, most of the people are friendly. No one bothers you and there is always advancement opportunities
Job Work/Life Balance is Satisfied
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
Infrastructure Ontario keeps restructuring constantly (every two years) , employees feel no job security. But job work/life balance and benefit are satisfied.
na
Strategic Procurement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2016
Really nice people to work with. They try to do the right thing but sometimes miss the mark. Should employee surveys mire regularly.
Not the best place to be in... regardless of its location
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
I spent almost 2 years in this company and my personal opinion is this is not the company you would like to stay... Though staff and people mostly nice however management it is totally different story...
If you have your own opinion you will find yourself out. If you are not the best friend of your boss and don't laugh when he laughs - you don't belong to this place. If you you don't like a baseball and you boos does... you don't belong to this place...
Too sad and it was a waist of my time being in this organisation. I would stay away from this place
Pros
Good location
Cons
Poor management, no job security - you can be thrown out in 1 minute.
Team players in a friendly Environment
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2016
Friendly working environment.
Understanding and accommodating management.
Co-workers working as team players.
Keeping up with latest software.
Satisfaction of seeing results
Pros
Training
Cons
Midnight working
Good place to work.
Legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2016
I enjoyed working on huge range of construction projects in the Province of Ontario. The environment at the company was fast paced and dynamic.
My Days At Infrastructure Ontario
General Labourer, Welder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2015
i Enjoyed working at Infrastucture , I learned a lot from just the year i was there. this job was a contract job that only lasted a year but was a good job
Interesting public infrastructure projects, but limited career growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2015
Work/life balance is quite good. Most workers are able to work from home using their own home computer and sign onto the secure online network. There are several large-scale public infrastructure projects that can be very interesting to work on as part of a large team of multi-disciplinary professionals, such as land use planners, environmental specialists, heritage specialists, commercial transaction analysts, legal counsel, construction project managers, property management, and so on. Some of the difficulties include reporting requirements back to government, dealing with political issues, limited government funding and one of the top concerns among workers is the freeze on salaries. There is a 2% annual increase for staff earning less than $100k, but a total freeze for those making over that.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Pay freeze, limited career growth
Weak management, toxic workplace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2015
Unfairness all around including hiring and promotions
Favoritism
Discrimination
Lack of respect, responsibility, accountability, people management skills
Not supportive
Does not develop employees
Don't care attitude
Pros
Cons
Poor management and many more
Fast paced and forward thinking oragnization
Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2014
Interesting projects
great people
great location
fast paced
Friendly and cooperative with fun work place.
Accounts Payable/Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON13 December 2012
A/P job such as, Coded,batched,matched,entered and posted invoices in SAP as well as in GP accounting software.
A/R job such as, Reviewed customer account, make collection call, prepared customer statement.

Good and friendly environment kept me enthusiastic, energetic and confident to update my knowledge and experience by using new accounting software SAP and GP.

My A/P Coordinator and Controller were very cooperative which allows me to work without stress. It is only workout when management is perfect.

Co-workers were knowledgeable, friendly as well as always eager to guide me whenever I need help.

No matter the job, there are bond to be an easy and hard part. What I 'm interested in are the hard parts. For me hard part was to work on demanding and huge, but my wish to work on it, accounting software. I enjoy while working and learning those software.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to use my knowledge and experience, to create social network, to work with different industry, keep me current as well as confident for future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Infrastructure Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.

Infrastructure Ontario Reviews by Location